Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

I have two SCTE's with tekin sc4x/ RX8 combo's and havent had a glitch.
One sensor board has crapped out on one of the motors but it still works without the sensor wire. New sensor board coming soon
Having said that I just ordered a pro 4 4600 that should arrive today for my new 2.0 scte.
My esc's have been bulletproof for two years (touch wood).
our out door season will start up soon the snow is almost all gone. I'm hoping for more trouble free years of running.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rear chassis brace...

Has anyone had trouble installing the rear chassis brace? we could not get the screw through the hole until we shaved some material off the plastic rod end...
no big deal but havent seen anyone post about that...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah mine didn't line up completely but I just pushed it and shoved the screw through before I tried shaving any of it.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxfile
Has anyone had trouble installing the rear chassis brace? we could not get the screw through the hole until we shaved some material off the plastic rod end...
Yup I know me and a couple others had that problem, just took some messing with and it fit.

So my 2.0 was running flawless for a couple weekends and then I felt something wasn't right so last night I started tearing down my 2.0 and I found a few things that need to be replaced so far all in the rear= 2 bearings and the ring gear lost 2 teeth, also somehow the smaller portion of the hd diff. housing the outer notch or whatever got shaved off. Some of you may remember how there was some binding at a certain point of rotation in the diffs. and how a lot of people said after you run it a few times it breaks in and it goes away, well seeing that my ring gear lost 2 teeth pretty much right next to each other I figured that's what caused the binding and after running it it tore those 2 teeth off which caused it to not bind anymore so for all those that had the binding problem and if you happen to open your diff. housing let me know if the ring gear is missing teeth, oh yea and in my rear diff. there was NO oil left, I don't know how any of this happened, trust me I took my time with the build and only thing that went wrong were stripped diff. screws and shock caps everything else was intact proper, even though this happened I don't have a problem with the truck, I actually have another kit on the way soon and also rebuilding my current 1
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well stripped diff screws makes me wonder if you rear diff didnt properly seal...
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I'm getting ready to try out the new vtx8 from viper I use to run Tekin as well
I have 2 buds trying to use that VTX8 and neither can get it to run right (both are VERY knowledgeable about RC and one is a sponsored Viper driver) , one is trying to run it on 2s and it cuts out and stutters , the other guy is using 4s and its doing all sorts of weird stuff , cutting out , re arming , loosing power during a run . Would pass on the VTX8 for now till they get the software figured out for it .....
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

havbe you tried to add a glitch buster to it?

Funny all these "high end" esc and their problems... while my mmp has been through server trucks and still running strong...

SC8e on 4 and 6s with a 2200kv , then switch it to my rc8be ft with the 1900 T8 sensored, and then switch it to a jammin scrt 10 with the 3800kv combo, and then a CRT .5 with a 2650kv neu and 4s ... and now its in my scte 2.0 no issues cept having to add a glitch buster once i added my rc4 transponder...
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Well stripped diff screws makes me wonder if you rear diff didnt properly seal...
Yea that's 1 thing that did make me wonder I did only strip 1 screw in my rear diff., but the binding and ring gear missing teeth seems to make sense to me
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The rear chassis brace is the same issue we had with the torque rod on the 1.0 with the TLR chassis. It is a bit of effort to get it all in the but it does fit. A little tweaking does not hurt here if you choose to do that as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I have 2 buds trying to use that VTX8 and neither can get it to run right (both are VERY knowledgeable about RC and one is a sponsored Viper driver) , one is trying to run it on 2s and it cuts out and stutters , the other guy is using 4s and its doing all sorts of weird stuff , cutting out , re arming , loosing power during a run . Would pass on the VTX8 for now till they get the software figured out for it .....
Are they using the A61 firmware?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcgod
Are they using the A61 firmware?
One is and one isn't , they (Viper) said it was the Tekin motors fault (Pro4 4600) for the guy running 2s , some BS about the Tekin motor not being efficient enough ? And the other guy is running it on a T8 and he has the A61 update .....

Last edited by BashemSmashem; 04-10-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

One is and one isn't , they said it was the Tekin motors fault (Pro4 4600) for the guy running 2s , some BS about the Tekin motor not being efficient enough ? And the other guy is running it on a T8 and he has the A61 update .....
The tekin pro4 pretty much has to be paired with the rx8, it's not a bad motor it's a beast, I tried running it with my hobbywing but after it starts going it makes the esc trip out, that's why I'm just going to order the rx8 to pair with my pro4 and order the xerun 4700kv for the HW speedo
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, I had the same problem. I flipped it around wiggle it a little and got the screw to go through...I got lucky.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
The tekin pro4 pretty much has to be paired with the rx8, it's not a bad motor it's a beast, I tried running it with my hobbywing but after it starts going it makes the esc trip out, that's why I'm just going to order the rx8 to pair with my pro4 and order the xerun 4700kv for the HW speedo
LOL . I have ran a Novak , Castle , and Hobbywing ESC's on a Pro4 and T8 and none of them had problems ?
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

LOL . I have ran a Novak , Castle , and Hobbywing ESC's on a Pro4 and T8 and none of them had problems ?
Really? which esc are you using, I'm using the HW sct pro 120 I mean it runs but not properly, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes it cogs and when you run after a little it blinks red/green but still functions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.