Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Pro4 is a good fast motor but it was a big topic issue that mainly 4600kv for having a noisier signal of some sort, the fact the Rx8 runs dual drive which may cause it to not be affected. Rx8 is a good Esc aswell but I think each company has a bad one time or two slip pass to customers. The fact the RX8 is hard to get right now is why I'm trying a different setup and I will see how it goes. But you can't go wrong with any system they all work good.
I guess it varies where you live at I always fine rx8s on ebay or online hobbystores as well in hobbyshops where I live
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default body mount alignment off center

I noticed the body mounts do not align with my body holes and it happened since the last time i changed my diff fluid (front). Looking at the top of the front gearbox where the shock tower mounts there seems to be an angle on the top screw that screws into the ears on the gearbox and it just doesnt look right. Why is there an angle and is this suppose to have a spacer?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

HPI screws are out of stock at Amain but found these for 1/3 the price.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
HPI screws are out of stock at Amain but found these for 1/3 the price.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10
Good Find
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Prophet

I installed the Rear Torque rod on the my TLR chassis on my 1.0 the only issue was getting the ball end to line up on the diff case. So i just moved the rod around a bit and hold it and hold the screw straight. As you can and start screwing it in and it will start to get straighter. The bottom end onto the chassis was no issue at all lineing up and screwing it in.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ryan or casper. Sorry if this has been talked about already. I looked and didn't see anything on my question.

I started to put my 2.0 together last night. I got the front end and the center diff done. I noticed that when I*put the front diff together that it was very notchy and the center was like butter. I asked some local guys if they had the same problem when they put there's together and they said yes. We all got ours from the same batch at our lhs. I saw on some other forums of people having the same problem. I tried less oil, more oil and adjusting the diff screws and nothing helped. Is this a known problem?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
Ryan or casper. Sorry if this has been talked about already. I looked and didn't see anything on my question.

I started to put my 2.0 together last night. I got the front end and the center diff done. I noticed that when I*put the front diff together that it was very notchy and the center was like butter. I asked some local guys if they had the same problem when they put there's together and they said yes. We all got ours from the same batch at our lhs. I saw on some other forums of people having the same problem. I tried less oil, more oil and adjusting the diff screws and nothing helped. Is this a known problem?
If it is the front diff itself you need to make sure you press the square blocks down into the case grooves. Sometimes the slots are a little tight and the blocks don't fully seat the first time. I had this happen with some of the cases we tested but once I took them apart and we pushed down on the square blocks everything seated properly in place and the diffs were smooth again. So when ever you build a diff with these new cases I always push down on the blocks. Typically once you get them all the way down once they usually fall into place during rebuilds but this has become a habit for me in building diffs with these new cases.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

I pushed the blocks 3 times with no change. I had these cases in my 1.0 and gears and pushed them everytime as well. I will take it apart again and push harder.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I pushed the blocks 3 times with no change. I had these cases in my 1.0 and gears and pushed them everytime as well. I will take it apart again and push harder.
It could be a bad case. That is possible. Someone on here found an insert without an o-ring groove. May check for that.

The diffs front center and rear realy only differ by the external gear you put on them (crown or spur gear) which should have no effect on the gear diff. My guess is there is a burr or something in the case that is not letting the blocks seat. Otherwise I am not sure. Ryan should be in soon to lend his expertise as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Does it feel notchy when the diff is out of the vehicle and you spin the out drives. It when it's installed and you spin the tires. If its when its installed more than likely its you ring and pinion. You might have to shim it and make sure you use some lithium or black grease on the gears.If its notchy when spinning the out drives outside if the truck as long as u make sure the square blocks are seated the gears will smooth out after a couple runs. I've had the same issue and its nice and smooth now. No worries .
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No diff should be notchy the way these are set up at this point. You have to make sure the notches in the pins are lined up well (which it sounds like you are), and that you are not using the little tiny shims that go between the blocks and the smaller gears internally. It is possible you got a diff case that the insert isnt 100% in the correct spot. Maybe try taking those internals and putting them in a different case and if they are fine in that case, call CS and get a new case.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Losi57
Does it feel notchy when the diff is out of the vehicle and you spin the out drives. It when it's installed and you spin the tires. If its when its installed more than likely its you ring and pinion. You might have to shim it and make sure you use some lithium or black grease on the gears.If its notchy when spinning the out drives outside if the truck as long as u make sure the square blocks are seated the gears will smooth out after a couple runs. I've had the same issue and its nice and smooth now. No worries .
The diff is out of the truck and I'm turning the out drive. One of the local guys said the same thing about it smoothing out after you drive it a bit.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Ive heard the Tekin motors are also noisy and that effects the the esc some how
Negative, that comment was posted by some folks that were attempting to explain why they couldn't drive the motor.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
No diff should be notchy the way these are set up at this point. You have to make sure the notches in the pins are lined up well (which it sounds like you are), and that you are not using the little tiny shims that go between the blocks and the smaller gears internally. It is possible you got a diff case that the insert isnt 100% in the correct spot. Maybe try taking those internals and putting them in a different case and if they are fine in that case, call CS and get a new case.
I have 1 brand new hd case I will try. I'm not using the tiny shims for the blocks. Thanks too you and casper for the fast response.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Negative, that comment was posted by some folks that were attempting to explain why they couldn't drive the motor.
If tekin doesnt have replacement parts for rx8's cant we pay the extra $ for the newer rx8?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.