Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S-Workz S104 EK1 4wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Haha, if the body is the biggest issues, I will be just fine. I'm already used to the Star Trek phaser looking body of the S350 BE1. Lol Others have said it looks like a cockroach. Is the front end slop due to the PBS? Are the ballcups weak?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
A serious racer will prefer the XB4 with the car as it stands today.
I'm a serious racer and I choose s104ek1. My mistake was I wrong choose the combo. Because I newbie in electric. For the kit two thumbs up
Old 10-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

I am a serious racer and have already done 2 meetings and some practice sessions with the car. My car has had about 35-40 lipo's through, that is some 4 hours of racing meanwhile. CVD's, diff outdrives still look like new. The car is very tough. i still have to break my first tower or arm. I had 2 turnbuckles popping of. The car is equally as tough or even tougher than the Xray! The slipper is just great, nothing wrong with that. Steering slop isn't really an issue IMHO. It's true that there are some "small" things that could have been better, but for the money ... I have already wiped the top 2 of our National top drivers' ass with the car...easily. The car is SUPER consistent and easy to drive. After the last race they were waiting in turns to get a drive with the car and they all said the same thing: pretty sharp car huh, turns so short, stable as well... 100$ less than an xray, with 2 bodies? 3 spur gears? all rollbars included, really? The thruth is if they hadn't invested a lot in their Xrays, they would ... I think for the first effort in 1/10 ofroad it was bang on and if the company will further develop the car more people will follow! Being an rc racer for about 20 years I only have praise for this car...

A serious racer will prefer the XB4 with the car as it stands today.

Last edited by kempower2000; 10-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kempower2000
... I have already wiped the top 2 of our National top drivers' ass with the car...easily ...
Damn, that had to hurt. It doesn't look Charmin Soft ...
Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, for sure.

In our regions the car was in action already a month or so ago.
The car's design has been praised by several people, who really know what they are talking about! Combined with the on track performance a lot of Kyoshos and Xray cars are up for sale now overhere.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am a serious racer and have already done 2 meetings and some practice sessions with the car. My car has had about 35-40 lipo's through, that is some 4 hours of racing meanwhile. CVD's, diff outdrives still look like new. The car is very tough. i still have to break my first tower or arm. I had 2 turnbuckles popping of. The car is equally as tough or even tougher than the Xray! The slipper is just great, nothing wrong with that. Steering slop isn't really an issue IMHO. It's true that there are some "small" things that could have been better, but for the money ... I have already wiped the top 2 of our National top drivers' ass with the car...easily. The car is SUPER consistent and easy to drive. After the last race they were waiting in turns to get a drive with the car and they all said the same thing: pretty sharp car huh, turns so short, stable as well... 100$ less than an xray, with 2 bodies? 3 spur gears? all rollbars included, really? The thruth is if they hadn't invested a lot in their Xrays, they would ... I think for the first effort in 1/10 ofroad it was bang on and if the company will further develop the car more people will follow! Being an rc racer for about 20 years I only have praise for this car...
Thats great to hear, after owning the s350 be1 i knew the kit would be very solid. I hope its tougher than the xray, when they first came out, every single one I saw broke in some way. 1/10 4wd has died a log time ago in houston
and there has not been any cars tough enough to get people back into it. With the next gen wheelers coming out things may change though.....
Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

how does it compare to the xray you owned before?
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Haha, if the body is the biggest issues, I will be just fine. I'm already used to the Star Trek phaser looking body of the S350 BE1. Lol Others have said it looks like a cockroach. Is the front end slop due to the PBS? Are the ballcups weak?
You are good then. :-). That body my buddy painted actually made it look pretty good. The front slop is from the while rack moving up and down 1mm. It could be shimmed, but that is how it goes together per the manual.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, the car is crazy durable as I said. If the bulk of serious racers would, are and will choose this car as it stands over cars like the XB4. Then I stand corrected. I would actually really like to see that because then the car will get even further developed and folks will work out the small kinks I ran into. With how crazy folks push 1/10 4wd cars in races it would be awesome if a car this durable could also be as sharp and refined as the big boys.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

I have never owned an Xray car, so I cannot really comment on the XB4, but a lot of people over here do race them. Apart from the problems the XB4 had in the beginning, it seems to be a strong car, although not bulletproof: I often hear them rattling like a coffee machine. The newly released gears will probably fix this. The S104 however, sounds really smooth and silent for a gear diff car.

There are a lot of things I like on the S104. The thing I like most for instance is the fact that it will just turn better than most(if not all) cars on the market. It is easy to drive and gives you a lot of confidence. After the third ever lipo with it, I was already faster than with my K cars.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
how does it compare to the xray you owned before?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

are you guys seeing anyone use the shorty lipo setups?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

So far I have only driven it with saddles. This gave my car a near 50% weight bias front to rear. There is no reason you could not achieve the same effect with shorties and perhaps some additional weight.

Another thingy I like to mention is this: The "so called problems" or shortcomings addressed to this kit are really not that significant at all. The problems, breakages the XB4 experienced in it's first stages were far far more problematic...

It all comes down to AlderBoys quote "If the bulk of serious racers would, are and will choose this car as it stands over cars like the XB4". If this car will be driven by the right people(only a couple of hotshots is enough), you'd better order your kit today because they will be sold out before you know. That said, the potential is there...

Last edited by kempower2000; 10-10-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have been talking to folks at A-main and there are major updates a coming for this car. Most likely a completely new kit very soon. Hopefully all the changes are adaptable to the current kit.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I drove the car with both saddles and a shorty and liked a shorty slightly better. It seemed to rotate a little better. Mostly it is because I am lazy and love how easy it is to get a shorty in and out. The saddles are quick to get in and out too though compared to other cars.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

If they keep on developing and improving, that's good news, but a completely new kit very soon... will be a little too optimistic I guess(I hope). The current kit is still brand new and distribution to the stores is only in it's initial phase.

I have been talking to folks at A-main and there are major updates a coming for this car. Most likely a completely new kit very soon. Hopefully all the changes are adaptable to the current kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.