Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
What are guys using for servo horn? I can't imagine people are using the stock horn w/servo saver & spring.

Thx!
As MarkA said above, build it without the spring as per the instructions.
Just remember to thread lock the screw! I have seen a few people forget only to come back in after a few laps with it come undone.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ReneT
Plastic = 8g
Alu = 12g, alu+11 = 23g
brass = 50g, No extra weight option in the brass mount.
There's also one made by Cream in the UK that is 40g. You can add weight in that one.

The RPM's fit, but I like the yokomo ball ends better because of the hole they have in them.
Thanks. Ordered the alu ones and the white yoko ends (among other things)

Raced 341 laps at MIO last week. Car was great and fastest time was 22.609. Not to bad for my second driving the car and the second time on MIO. This Sunday there will be a race, really looking forward to that!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Gotten my hands on a 2nd hand Bmax2, just wondering if there is a massive amount of difference between that and the Bmax2 MR/RS versions? Would all of the upgraded parts fit onto the original Bmax platform? Which upgrade parts are worth getting?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Gotten my hands on a 2nd hand Bmax2, just wondering if there is a massive amount of difference between that and the Bmax2 MR/RS versions? Would all of the upgraded parts fit onto the original Bmax platform? Which upgrade parts are worth getting?

Thanks
I think most of the parts will fit with a few exceptions unless you get the chassis. It's a great idea to buy the alloy chassis and convert the car while upgrading at the same time. The main differences are the chassis, diff case and body. All the internals are the same. The toe blocks are just fancier.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Put on my alloy chassis and gear diff. Can't wait to get it to the track and get some laps in. Using marka's set up and its pretty dang good in mid motor.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Different Between Saddle Pack & Shorty Pack Battery

** *Happy New Year 2014* **

To all my Yokomo buddies gloabally, wishing you a great year ahead and greater achievement from all yokomo racers... hehe!

I need some feedbacks regarding battery configuration between Saddle Pack versus Shorty Pack for Mid Motor. Has anyone done any comparison in driving both types of battery configuration, please share! Will the car be more planted and improve rear traction?

I am now running Shorty pack with Mid Motor, as usual the fastest yokomo man Naoto is running Saddle in most of the online photos displayed. Looking forward to your sharing......

Cheers!

Regards,
David Lim
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A quick way to try it is to just add the difference in weight (generally about 3oz between most saddles and shortys) to the battery tray area. I found making that change alone without also changing anything on the suspension made the car feel sluggish but you are right in that most of the setups you see online for this car are based around saddles so when people ape those but run a shorty, they often wind up with a car that's too stiff shock oil/piston wise for the actual weight of their car. I prefer a lighter, softer car as I found it's still very reactive ("To add speed, reduce weight" Colin Chapman once famously said) but "plush."

For those going the heavier/stiffer route, the car actually tends to get a bit edgier (in my area/tracks, that means more tire squeal as you push those to the edge of their grip) - probably faster in Naoto's hands, not in mine. In other words, if you're running a shorty, take one of their setups and drop the oil/piston to 32.5/2x1.6/blue front and 30/2x1.7/XL blue rear (for clay) and try that for a more planted feel.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, couple of quick questions as I'm very new to this...looking to buy a 2wd buggy to run a fast indoor carpet track. I think I've settled on the yokomo. Tired of seeing the losi and ae all the time. So do I wait for the factory team kit to become available on the states? Also any recommended upgrades I should get out of the box? Lastly any and all good build and setup help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davv
Hey guys, couple of quick questions as I'm very new to this...looking to buy a 2wd buggy to run a fast indoor carpet track. I think I've settled on the yokomo. Tired of seeing the losi and ae all the time. So do I wait for the factory team kit to become available on the states? Also any recommended upgrades I should get out of the box? Lastly any and all good build and setup help would be greatly appreciated.
All the special-edition kits do is add blingy stuff, there is nothing in any of them that would be necessary or even really better for carpet over what comes in the current V2 kit which is the metal chassis/gear diff one. The only things you will need to add to what's in the box are probably some shock pistons and maybe the XL rear springs. Otherwise, build, run, and enjoy having lost the mentality that a kit is just the starting point for you to bolt the hop-ups on to...

The build will be the most straightforward you've ever had - everything just fits, no shimming, no drilling and tapping setscrews to remove play, etc. etc. Petitrc has quite a few carpet setups for the car available here: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...moBMax2MR.html
Old 01-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Had a race at MIO today. 3 quali and 3 finals. During the warm up of the last final I broke my right front hub carrier (again, 2nd one). Are there no manufactures that make alu ones?
Have to admit that the 'crash' wasn't that hard at all and I was quite surprised it broke so easily (again), especially seeing what kind of beatings some other cars have to endure... Maybe just an unlucky hit.

Other than that we had a nice time. Qualified 12 laps with: 5:05 5:02 and 5:03, so pretty consistent overall. Finals (C, out of A-F) were way worse unfortunately...
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

I have been thinking about getting the bmax2 mr/rs i drive a losi 22 2.0 now how is the durability and can the car be mid or rear motor i see i can get parts at a-main and the car as well i am not a novice nor a stock racer i race twice a week so just want to make sure its tough enough i have done a lot of reading and looking online now i need those of you with the car for advice, i'm a good driver not a pro but i can make the main with the sponsored racers at the tracks i attend.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rracer
I have been thinking about getting the bmax2 mr/rs i drive a losi 22 2.0 now how is the durability and can the car be mid or rear motor i see i can get parts at a-main and the car as well i am not a novice nor a stock racer i race twice a week so just want to make sure its tough enough i have done a lot of reading and looking online now i need those of you with the car for advice, i'm a good driver not a pro but i can make the main with the sponsored racers at the tracks i attend.
Yokomo makes just as good if not better than Losi. it'd be more stable with the wider chassis but with a good set up it'd be just as good.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards
Yokomo makes just as good if not better than Losi. it'd be more stable with the wider chassis but with a good set up it'd be just as good.

Thank you Colby, my set up skills are good just wondering about the other questions about the car.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rracer
Thank you Colby, my set up skills are good just wondering about the other questions about the car.
Yeah its good. It also goes mid motor, It actually has a good mid motor set up. Almost exactly like the serpent car that was announced a while ago. Fast and stable, easy to drive.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

To answer the durability part of the question, I was the first in my area to have one so when I ordered the car I also ordered most of cars' "extremities", arms, blocks, towers, etc., etc. Racing mod 6-7 times a month since August, I haven't opened the packaging to any of them. Not only have I not broken them, they haven't even slopped out. My total damage has come to two snapped ballcups and one happened after racing when I was letting someone else try the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.