Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dikke hond
Can you post a picture of the brace? I think that the Bmax2 is a great car and I prefer it above the YZ2. The YZ2 is to agressive for me.
I will try and get a picture(can't find link to computer). I used Yokomo B-Max4 III Battery Post (B4-118P). Placed them in the holes right in front of battery box using longer screws(think they came with posts?). Then custom built battery strap. I made a couple out of old b4 battery straps and then an old pc of CF I found laying around. Used a small piece of sticky foam(like what comes with original strap) on the bottom to keep battery from moving. shorty batt is in line/batt foam/speedo/batt foam/short servo, rx is on side. I have arrowmax side weights next to battery. I really haven't had much time driving the car but I can tell you it steers like nothing i've driven before. At SRS(clay) it just felt like it had to much traction everywhere. Not a bad thing to deal with.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
I will try and get a picture(can't find link to computer). I used Yokomo B-Max4 III Battery Post (B4-118P). Placed them in the holes right in front of battery box using longer screws(think they came with posts?). Then custom built battery strap. I made a couple out of old b4 battery straps and then an old pc of CF I found laying around. Used a small piece of sticky foam(like what comes with original strap) on the bottom to keep battery from moving. shorty batt is in line/batt foam/speedo/batt foam/short servo, rx is on side. I have arrowmax side weights next to battery. I really haven't had much time driving the car but I can tell you it steers like nothing i've driven before. At SRS(clay) it just felt like it had to much traction everywhere. Not a bad thing to deal with.
That sounds like a great batterybrace mod. I'm def going to try it. I have the same electronics setup but because of the stock battery brace i'm limited in which esc to use.
I drive on medium to high bite astro.
Looking forward to see your mod!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS-113.jpg
Originally Posted by dikke hond
That sounds like a great batterybrace mod. I'm def going to try it. I have the same electronics setup but because of the stock battery brace i'm limited in which esc to use.
I drive on medium to high bite astro.
Looking forward to see your mod!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

If I use the shorty sideways then I place the posts farther back and use a different battery brace.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS-112.jpg   Yokomo B-MAX2 MR/RS-110.jpg  
Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
If I use the shorty sideways then I place the posts farther back and use a different battery brace.
Ah, now I see! You made a YZ brace, sort of Looks great! Thanks for the pictures!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Body alternatives

Will a b5 body fit this chassis?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smash8ight
Will a b5 body fit this chassis?
From what I have ready, I don't think it will be a true fit, but may work if you get desperate. Seems like the stock, JConcepts and one other (starts with an A) version were the only ones that truly fit this chassis.

PS - if any B-Max 2 owners on here have a spare gear box cover they can part with, I'd be all ears.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by draboyd19

PS - if any B-Max 2 owners on here have a spare gear box cover they can part with, I'd be all ears.
Www.rccss.nl has them in stock.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Trans Gears

Looking for some help. I just broke the Idle, Top Shaft and Diff gears on my BMAX2. I can't seem to find the parts. Any one know of any compatible parts?
Old 01-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JUNI
Looking for some help. I just broke the Idle, Top Shaft and Diff gears on my BMAX2. I can't seem to find the parts. Any one know of any compatible parts?
eBay
Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUNI
You'll have to go overseas for the idler gear and top shaft for the b-max 2. Try mibosport.com....they have everything in stock. The differential gear is same one that fits the yz-2 so you can find that at amain.com, but mibosport has all three items you need and per others users it's a quick ship from europe.

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default B5 frontend convertion

Besides reaming the arm,it was like it was made for this buggy.now if I break a hub or uprite everybody has parts.awesome.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

So I got two cars on trade.one setup for indoor,other was under a rebuild when I received it.I have converted the spare car up as a carpet car with the b5 frontend.the other I took to my local indoor clay track last nite.I was impressed,first time driving this setup,first time driving this layout.car took a beating and did not flinch.several b5 cars broke while I was there,i hit everything on the track at least once pushing the car past it's limits.the only the I'm changing is front springs,to much weight transfer off throttle made the rear snappy loose.but on throttle would lock the rear in and go.I like it.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Do the YZ-2 front c-hub carriers fit the Bmax2? I know I can do the whole front conversion, but I'm not sure it's worth going that far.

The original bmax2 part stock for these seems to be long gone everywhere.

Cheers
Z.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, they do fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.