Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
If you're waiting until Oct to get a motor, the new Viper 4 poles should be out by then, im testing the VF4.0 which is a 4000kv in my Tekno, using a 16t and the VTX8, its moving the truck very good! My temps are around 155-165 depending on if its a 6 or 7 min main.
Make sure you have good batteries for it too.

Also... I almost feel like a traitor here, but i've been seriously considering trading my Tekno for a Losi...
I had an original SCTE, threw everything at it and that truck to me, was just more stable and predictable then my Tekno is.
I've been running the Tekno since May, and I still dont feel 100% comfortable with it yet. I have to drive it conservative, or I wad it up.
I'm using Sramos setup, and my steering is down to -20 expo and 90% dual rate and it still feels twitchy.

Im kind of at an impasse here.
I would like to say that don't use Sramos' setup, but I haven't tried the Fiorioni pistons (and will not) so can't say for sure how the truck will handle. But on paper it looks way too hard. You want the rear a little bit slower than the front to tame it down.

Btw. Team SR Carbon rear tower didn't hold up good at all. It doesn't have the center connecting part like the Tekno carbon has. Also the rear had some imperfections on the surface, which should have rang an alarm but I was too eager to assemble the truck. Oh well, lessons learned.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Also... I almost feel like a traitor here, but i've been seriously considering trading my Tekno for a Losi...
I had an original SCTE, threw everything at it and that truck to me, was just more stable and predictable then my Tekno is.
I've been running the Tekno since May, and I still dont feel 100% comfortable with it yet. I have to drive it conservative, or I wad it up.
I'm using Sramos setup, and my steering is down to -20 expo and 90% dual rate and it still feels twitchy.

Im kind of at an impasse here.
Originally Posted by fq06
Too twitchy for me too, but like you I'm coming from a conversion truck.
I have a feeling I'm going to play with roll centers to make it less aggressive. I really had to have a slight touch to feed it through the turns and the sweeper was a hand full. Traction rolled a couple times if I took it too fast. Traction rolling was not in the Mugen's repertoir but it didn't turn in as well either... I need to find a balance.
Exactly...coming from the SC10.2 4x4 conversion, this truck has been way harder for me to get used to.
I think I might strap a pound or 2 of lead on it and see if that helps!
My feelings exactly. My 1/8 conversion felt more stable and I could run aggressive. It was just a little short on tight turning. I know this truck can sling around the track. I've seen the videos (local SoCal races) I'm sticking with it and will give this truck a chance because I just bought it. Just gotta get the right setup. I've got green/front and yellow/rear springs on order. Till they arrive I went up in oil from 37.2 frt/ 32.5 rr to 40 frt/ 35 rr because stock springs seem too soft. The hunt continues.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
My feelings exactly. My 1/8 conversion felt more stable and I could run aggressive. It was just a little short on tight turning. I know this truck can sling around the track. I've seen the videos (local SoCal races) I'm sticking with it and will give this truck a chance because I just bought it. Just gotta get the right setup. I've got green/front and yellow/rear springs on order. Till they arrive I went up in oil from 37.2 frt/ 32.5 rr to 40 frt/ 35 rr because stock springs seem too soft. The hunt continues.
Please share once you find it and I'll do the same if I get there first
I'm running Durango white/grey in the front and that felt good. HB grey in the rear felt too stiff and bouncy but I think thicker shock oil will solve that. Tried Kuya's Kyo orange and those were also too stiff for the 35/30 that I was running.

I have a few things to try including roll center changes and lower ride height that I think will get me to my happy place.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
Went from a slash to the Tekno, and you automatically become a better faster driver, it's nothing like the slash. Read the rest of the thread don't just take the 2 opinions, as they are their own preferences, you got a great truck don't worry.
No worries on my end... Heard mostly great things about this truck....
That's why I got one.
I'll leave it mostly stock except for moving the battery tray back and see how it goes from there
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Please share once you find it and I'll do the same if I get there first
Deal!
Maybe Kuya can point us in the right direction. His truck looked good in his latest video.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Deal!
Maybe Kuya can point us in the right direction. His truck looked good in his latest video.
I see your from So Cal..
I live in Ga. now but was living in Big Bear for yrs.......
Used to race in Victorville/ Hesperia, Montclair, Yucaipa, Colton Banning/Beaumont/ Hemet, Palm Springs areas.........................
Lots of other places over the 39 yrs I lived in Cali....
Old 08-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Finally finished! Well almost I have to shorten the motor wires they are set long from being in a scte. I love the way this truck feels, when you pick it up and hold it it feels like a single piece of machinery not a bunch of parts all bolted together. That's the way my last truck felt in my opinion, I can't wait to get this thing to the track and test it out. If it runs anything like its mechanical design it should knock my socks off.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-image.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just ordered this truck for $335 shipped from towers, won't drive it till spring though.
Only 4x4 sc ive ever driven was a friends scte rtr and that thing handled pretty well except in the air, If you let off the throttle it would land on its roof. So I have high hopes for this thing, and can't wait to drive it, I'm use to a d8 so the weight won't be a problem for me.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
There are three holes that can be drilled in the cap. If you wan't to run vented then drill a 1-2mm hole in the center of top cap as per manual. I made a 1.5mm hole. Vented is better for a little rougher surface and std bladder if smoother.

Emulsion is easier to build consistently but doesn't work as good with these bigger bore shocks.

Pls dont reply if you don't know what you are talking about. All is in the manual.
There are 3 ways you can run the cap:
  1. Just as it is in the box (non vented bladder)
  2. With a vent hole drilled for use with a bladder (vented bladder)
  3. With a bleeder hole drilled for emulsion (emulsion)

I prefer a non vented bladder, how does that make me not know what I am talking about? It is one of the 3 methods that the manual shows, if running a non vented bladder setup you can drill a 1-2mm hole in the side of the cap to let any excess oil out but it is optional. When I build them I fill them, get the bubbles out, put the bladder on, pull down on the shaft to suck the bladder down, wipe up excess oil, and then screw on the cap so I dont need any holes in the cap. They come out very close to one another every time so I will likely keep doing it this way if that is ok with you.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody know right off hand what the thread size is on the stub axles?
thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

M4
Old 08-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda237
Just ordered this truck for $335 shipped from towers, won't drive it till spring though.
Only 4x4 sc ive ever driven was a friends scte rtr and that thing handled pretty well except in the air, If you let off the throttle it would land on its roof. So I have high hopes for this thing, and can't wait to drive it, I'm use to a d8 so the weight won't be a problem for me.
As far as landing on the roof when you cut throttle in the air, I come from nitro as well and a nitro motor with a clutch that let's the drive train freewheel is a lot different than a brushless.

This is one of the reasons I went with the RX8. Push. Best friend for a person coming from nitro as it keeps a little bit or a lot bit of throttle (depending on how you set it) on when you release the trigger. Granted, with brushless you don't want to fully release the throttle but if you do, push will help keep you horizontal.
Also helps it feel like nitro rolling through a turn instead of having motor braking. Touch the brake and push is disabled.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe the guys from Tekno could shed some light on the shock topic? How are they doing them, was one way better for smooth smaller jump tenth scale indoor tracks while another way of doing them is better for larger rougher big jump outdoor tracks? I run indoor smooth tracks and just getting ready to start building mine and was gonna do emulsion because that's what I'm use too and can get them closer built rebound wise to one another.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Another good night at the money race at the boneyard in ky. Set tq in buggy and sct with my teknos and followed those up with wins ,they where dialed all day , top 2 teknos in sct and top 3 of top 5 where teknos in ebuggy
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I see my kit came with pink rear springs and black front, was told it came with green front? Did I hear wrong or was this changed at one point? Also I'm on the Tekno site looking at springs as I want to pick some up, they don't say buggy or truck so are they interchangeable? I don't have to worry about buying buggy ones for my truck is that correct? Looks like the blue and purple rear springs are fairly new?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.