Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Acill
Its just not a popular class out here now and getting worse. When I live in California it was big at most tracks in Southern California, not so much up north. Here in AZ its completely dead. From talking with a lot of people here its not a welcomes class because of the slash 4x4 and a few other trucks that bring in new people that have no business driving one. Ive heard people were tearing up tracks, causing a bash fest and hurting marshals, but I find that a poor excuse and think its more of a they say its dead so people dont get em to run now here.

I will agree with one thing though, and thats Why beginners are so attracted to the fastest heaviest 1/10th vehicles on the market.
Its crazy its different everywhere u go. Back in Pa I use to run 2wd stadium truck T4.1 then everyone started running 4wd SCT but 2wd stadium was still a class it just shrunk, 4wd SCT was our biggest class though, now a yr ago I moved to Texas and no stadium truck class at all, 4wd SCT is the biggest class where I run 2wd SCT barely ever runs not enough show up. And at another track I wanna start running at its 4wd SCT and 1/8 4wd E Buggy. So I just bought a sct410 in process of ordering parts and putting it together and the 22SCT I bought and put a ton of money into sits on the shelf
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wondering if anybody plans on going to the short course nats at rc madness in ct on the 24th and 25th.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Its crazy its different everywhere u go. Back in Pa I use to run 2wd stadium truck T4.1 then everyone started running 4wd SCT but 2wd stadium was still a class it just shrunk, 4wd SCT was our biggest class though, now a yr ago I moved to Texas and no stadium truck class at all, 4wd SCT is the biggest class where I run 2wd SCT barely ever runs not enough show up. And at another track I wanna start running at its 4wd SCT and 1/8 4wd E Buggy. So I just bought a sct410 in process of ordering parts and putting it together and the 22SCT I bought and put a ton of money into sits on the shelf
Yeah 4wd sct is huge in texas. At my local track we always have a full heat of 4wd sct, let alone 2 heats. E-buggy is getting big and or bigger than sct this year.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Were did u find aluminum hubs for the 410?
Yeah, I meant hex. Sorry. Anyway they alum. hex seems to be the ticket along with the shims.

Now that everything is running the crappy servo horn is stripped.

You know when I bought my first AE car over twenty years ago nearly everything worked forever. The only reason you had to upgrade was to put the car on a diet.

The servo horn and the hexes should have come aluminum with the car, period. These trucks are too heavy and large to come with the poop they designed them with. Also the shims may have helped in this case too.

Someone needs to warn people that if they intend to purchase this car everything on the first page from and upgrade perspective is a foregone conclusion. Car + $100 in mods to really make it a usable product for off road.

I've seen this program before. Car dealers sell you a car at nearly cost then make all their money in the service and parts department.

A kit that works and is durable out of the box would have been something to get excited about. Eventually after I spend a butt load this will be the ultimate SC Truck.

Back to hobby shop to spend another $20.00 tomorrow. Getting old.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

With the horn and the wheel hex's its probably still cheaper than the scte 2.0.
Probably not a bad idea to bump the price a little and include the required parts still staying inline with the competitions price.
Especially now that Tekno make both of them

By the way, Tekno... when are you going to make aluminum 17mm hex's so I can buy one of these?!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
With the horn and the wheel hex's its probably still cheaper than the scte 2.0.
Probably not a bad idea to bump the price a little and include the required parts still staying inline with the competitions price.
Especially now that Tekno make both of them

By the way, Tekno... when are you going to make aluminum 17mm hex's so I can buy one of these?!
You mean these?
http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5570-...gy-width-2pcs/
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

i need some setup help i run on a med size low grip indoor track.i running a stock setup except for 15/7/3 in the diffs.i didi this for more steering.i run loss oil 32.5f and 27.5r. bn running magabites and holeshots. losi 2.0 at my track is only thing to beat me his truck just seems setup better its hooked up every where an seems to have more steering. i have a rx8 pro4 4600 geared with a 15t.my shocks have stock pistons an springs.thank for the help.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
I think he is referring to an alloy version of the plastic 17mm hexes.

Originally Posted by Wg931
i need some setup help i run on a med size low grip indoor track.i running a stock setup except for 15/7/3 in the diffs.i didi this for more steering.i run loss oil 32.5f and 27.5r. bn running magabites and holeshots. losi 2.0 at my track is only thing to beat me his truck just seems setup better its hooked up every where an seems to have more steering. i have a rx8 pro4 4600 geared with a 15t.my shocks have stock pistons an springs.thank for the help.
Have you tried going with less toe in and / or raising the rear link position on the tower to free up the rear end? Could also lower the link position on the front tower as well if possible (going from memory here on the stock setup).
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Yes, but narrower. Those take it past legal width
Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

on the wheel topic, i still havent found a perfect wheel. the avid were so close. i bought 8 of the avid sabertooths and dyed them hot pink. They look killer and the glue groove is a tad wider than all wheels i have used which makes gluing up tires much easier. but the inside part of the wheel is super flexy and basically on the 4 that im running now they are all out of round and it sort of makes them wobble a little. i guess its probably not the biggest deal in the world but if they were a little heavier duty on the inside (3" part) these would hands down be the best wheel on the market.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Victory
The servo horn and the hexes should have come aluminum with the car, period. These trucks are too heavy and large to come with the poop they designed them with. Also the shims may have helped in this case too.
If they sold it with an aluminum servo horn then they would have to include 3 different ones for different brand servos, you would spend more than if you just bought the one you wanted. The plastic hexes are fine IMO just a PITA when you take the wheels off because you will probably lose a pin.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC 4 LIFE
on the wheel topic, i still havent found a perfect wheel. the avid were so close. i bought 8 of the avid sabertooths and dyed them hot pink. They look killer and the glue groove is a tad wider than all wheels i have used which makes gluing up tires much easier. but the inside part of the wheel is super flexy and basically on the 4 that im running now they are all out of round and it sort of makes them wobble a little. i guess its probably not the biggest deal in the world but if they were a little heavier duty on the inside (3" part) these would hands down be the best wheel on the market.

Your observation is spot on. In researching wheels I have found no one wheel universally accepted. Too much webbing...too flimsy...fitment is off...

Tekno, a wheel worthy of the rest of your design would be helpful. Til then we compromise.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

SMR, good point.

The stock hexes are horrible. Situation further made worse cause they didn't include shims, which would help and cost nothing.

BTW, if I can get a servo horn rigged tomorrow I am going to race a friend with his losi. I have representing my choice of truck is the right one and can't wait to rip him.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
If they sold it with an aluminum servo horn then they would have to include 3 different ones for different brand servos, you would spend more than if you just bought the one you wanted. The plastic hexes are fine IMO just a PITA when you take the wheels off because you will probably lose a pin.
Maybe Tekno down the road will do some sort of special for those who purchase an SCT410, offer a free servo horn coupon or something

As for the plastic hexes, drill a hole and put a set screw in there and you are golden.

I agree though that it would be nice if the alloy hexes were included by default. Who knows, maybe when a revision of the sct410 comes out it will be included?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Victory
Your observation is spot on. In researching wheels I have found no one wheel universally accepted. Too much webbing...too flimsy...fitment is off...

Tekno, a wheel worthy of the rest of your design would be helpful. Til then we compromise.
I had to dremmel some of the webbing out of the Boregos to clear (different truck) but they are still stiffer (inside & outside) than any other rims I've used. Worth a look as long as it's not a ROAR race (no dish ) and your local track doesn't care.

@SMR
Good point, horns would not make sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.