Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Use hot bodies springs. Tekno springs are crap. Other mods for me include mugen shock perches. They let the springs down low by ~ 3-4 mm. My tracks very smooth and I run around 21 ride height, white hot bodies fronts and gray rears.
What is wrong with the tekno springs? I haven't tried anything else but mine seem to be ok? Just wondering your opinion
Old 07-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Use hot bodies springs. Tekno springs are crap. Other mods for me include mugen shock perches. They let the springs down low by ~ 3-4 mm. My tracks very smooth and I run around 21 ride height, white hot bodies fronts and gray rears.
"Tekno springs are crap"???

Is there something with their molecular structure that Tekno is holding back from us that makes them inferior to Hot Bodies??? Maybe some sort of "Tekno" conspiracy???? Inquiring minds need to know!!!!!
Also, 21 ride height is way too high--you need to cut those springs in half and get her around 10-10.5....
Old 07-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think he's talking about the spring fade with tekno springs. I've found with stock pink fronts i've lost a little ride height over time with same amount of preload. I'm pretty sure the harder rate tekno springs are fine as the ride height hasn't changed with the red tekno springs i'm using.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Haha I am not a rabid tekno fanboi like some of you, and I will call it like it is (bcholka thanks for your expert tips I will try 10 mm with some 1/8 on road springs next).

I do love my tekno truck but the springs do fade too fast. There's a lot of reports before as well in this same thread.

I have hot bodies, xray, and kyosho springs and none faded as fast as the teknos. Only durango DESC410/DEX210 springs faded faster than teknos in my experience.

Also you can get real low ride heights with 60mm HB front and 68 rears combined with the mugen spring perches so no need to shave off the bottom of the stock pieces, since it might be uneven left to right.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haha I am not a rabid tekno fanboi like some of you, and I will call it like it is
Or maybe: They haven't paid attention to a smaller detail such as Spring fade.

Tekno Springs feel great. They do just have some fade that's unfortunate for some of us more high end enthusiasts. Kyosho springs and my personal favorite: AE Springs are my choices as they have setups that relate. AND I used to have an RC8.2 =P
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun

Tekno Springs feel great. They do just have some fade that's unfortunate for some of us more high end enthusiasts. Kyosho springs and my personal favorite: AE Springs are my choices as they have setups that relate. AND I used to have an RC8.2 =P
Yeah that's true or maybe since I got the first batch it was off spec. The same issue with the servo saver springs. Replaced it the moment I knew about the serpent springs.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Yeah that's true or maybe since I got the first batch it was off spec. The same issue with the servo saver springs. Replaced it the moment I knew about the serpent springs.
That's something I never really had trouble with oddly. But I lock mine down indoors and only back it off two turns outdoors. I use an obsene servo though. (JR8917)
Old 07-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I think he's talking about the spring fade with tekno springs. I've found with stock pink fronts i've lost a little ride height over time with same amount of preload. I'm pretty sure the harder rate tekno springs are fine as the ride height hasn't changed with the red tekno springs i'm using.
+1 I've I rebuilt my shocks numerous times and haven't moved my collar before or after rebuild and my ride height stays the same.. When I have noticed my ride height gets off its because I need to do a shock oil change due to my oil losing some dampening, I change it and voila, just like it was before, without the collars being turned
Old 07-13-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

LOL!!! What we do pay attention to is LAP TIMES!!! (And for the record I have run HB springs front and rear but have found the SRAMOS spring setup to be THE BOMB!!)

That's something I never really had trouble with oddly. But I lock mine down indoors and only back it off two turns outdoors. I use an obsene servo though. (JR8917)
That's what I do too. I run a slightly MORE obscene servo than you (Radiopost RED Baby!!)

BTW--don't take it personal--just having a little fun and be'in frisky!!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Haha I am not a rabid tekno fanboi like some of you, and I will call it like it is.
Guilty as charged sir! And I'll call it as I see it as well...

Dig my Tekno, have found no issue with the springs, "nose diving" adjusted with setup according taste, track conditions and driving style, "diff whip" corrected...well...with the proper diff fluid. I want it to nose dive by the way...

Truck has never, ever let me down, not one DNF, never broken a part. Only thing that I've replaced is a $9.00 rear drive shaft due to pin wear. The OWNER shows up on the forum to help/inform his customers. How can one NOT be a fanboi?

muy bueno!!

Now you guys let up on those Fioroni pistons, so I can buy a set huh?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by celt
Now you guys let up on those Fioroni pistons, so I can buy a set huh?
Great.....Stan's gonna drop in some Fioroni's.....
(Great job last night btw!!!)
Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I guess I have reset my ride height a couple if times and have cranked it down more. i'd like to try other springs but I can't find a rear that is equal to the pink. 2.28 most everything else is a bit harder, in the 2.9-3.0 range. The closest Ive seen is the losi red rears at 2.5..

Is there something else out there close that I haven't found yet?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I haven't noticed any spring fade, I did notice a change once the springs were worn in. The thing that is bothering me with the Tekno springs is that they are shedding paint like my 4yr old Labrador Retriever! My most commonly used springs are almost totally bare.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by sramos
+1 I've I rebuilt my shocks numerous times and haven't moved my collar before or after rebuild and my ride height stays the same.. When I have noticed my ride height gets off its because I need to do a shock oil change due to my oil losing some dampening, I change it and voila, just like it was before, without the collars being turned
+2. I'm almost certain spring fade doesn't exist........... Anywhere.

Look in your cars service manual. Do anyone see your suspension springs needing to be replaced. Ever. Also when people keep their gun magazines loaded that puts a lot of continuous load on the magazine spring, but these springs never fade. This is a common question on gun forums btw
Old 07-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wstuart
+2. I'm almost certain spring fade doesn't exist........... Anywhere.

Look in your cars service manual. Do anyone see your suspension springs needing to be replaced. Ever. Also when people keep their gun magazines loaded that puts a lot of continuous load on the magazine spring, but these springs never fade. This is a common question on gun forums btw
100% wrong on the gun magazine springs not fading comparison, you obviously have never been in combat. In the cheap standard issue mags if you leave the magazine fully loaded after a month or two of use the spring becomes weak and will cause the M4 to jam when you get down to last 3-4 rounds, the higher end mags like MagPul even have this issue if you leave it fully loaded for long periods. That would be like pre-load and leaving truck sitting on wheels for long times. The springs depending on metals used will all weaken at some point.
I have noticed a lot of brand springs will settle a little lower after first few runs and I have to adjust height but not much more fade than that though on Xray and Losi springs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.