Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Aluminum hubs? :-)
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Aluminum hubs? :-)
We're working on them now. No ETA yet. They should be pretty cool.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
If we do a major revision with many updates, we will probably have a service pack sold separately to update the older version vehicles to the new spec.

Running a stiffer sway bar with a lighter diff oil makes sense. It will keep the inside wheel on the ground better and the diff shouldn't diff out as much. However, I wouldn't make a sway bar decision based on diff oil thickness. The sway bar change should be according to track conditions.

We have aluminum servo horns coming out shortly .
Thanks for the info!

Out here with the dust bowl conditions that can be found at times, or the indoor skating rink when its around 30 or less if lucky traction becomes hard to find lol.

Right now, i think my sway setup is 2.2 or so all around. Will give it a look. But so far, liking the 7-5-2 setup. May try 7-7-2 next.

By the way, has anyone heard if outerwears will make a filter for the Tekno? like how it keeps things clean inside but allowing airflow.

As for the whole aluminum hubs, any opinions on using risers like what AE has been doing with the +8mm mod as an additional tuning option? (or similar to the Exotek carrier hopup)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looking for a rear shock tower replacement what do you guys suggest a corbon replacement or the EB48 stock alum tower. Also will the EB48 rear mud guards fit the SCT410?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Just the update is good enough news for me lol. Not that I feel the need. So far , I don't see breakage as an issue unless I really do something stupid like let a customer try it out as a demo. This thing is solid!

Thanks for putting out a freaking awesome truck Tekno! I love it. I even love the sound with the castle motor. It kind of reminds me of R2D2 in stressful situations
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've read thru a lot of the recent posts and saw a few things but can you list the updated parts you guys are working on and rough release dates? Check my signature to see how many of each I will buy when they come out.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jetcam2
Looking for a rear shock tower replacement what do you guys suggest a corbon replacement or the EB48 stock alum tower. Also will the EB48 rear mud guards fit the SCT410?
EB48 mud guards are identical to the SCT410 guards. Same part number.

Also, just buy the stock SCT410 tower. No reason to upgrade unless you want the alternative flex that CF gives you.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetcam2
Carbon if you're looking for something lighter. Why just the rear tower?

The guards will fit you just have to trim them to clear the inside of the SC rims. Note: Make sure to trim them for the full range of the suspensions movements.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, when the old parts are gone, they are gone. If you get just one replacement TKR6008, you'll have enough parts to do one end of the car. If you don't update the whole car it'll still operate just fine. The current parts work fine, we haven't received one complaint and there definitely isn't an issue with them. We just saw an opportunity to make them better, so we did.

As I mentioned, we'll see about making a revision history, I totally understand the request.
Since we're on the whole shock topic.........ETA on DLC coated shock shafts?? Sorry, I think I post this about every 50 pages or so.......
Old 07-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Danny,

Great to see you pop onto the forum when you can, I think it demonstrates a real passion and concern about how customers are experiencing your products.

There is no decision you will make that will please everyone - "if we are all thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking," as the saying goes.

I couldn't be more delighted with the SCT410, it's far and away the nicest kit I've owned in terms of price, performance and quality. Keep doing what you;re doing...
Old 07-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tried to search through this thread, but couldn't find an answer. What body is everyone running? I think a lower profile body will help a bit with my traction rolling issue.

I'm running the Proline Raptor body right now (not the flow tek) and it seems to sit pretty high even on the lowest body post setting. I was looking into the FTW Diamondback and JConcepts Hi-flow body as well. Anyone else try either body, or notice better handling when switching from a regular Proline body to a more low profile body?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by karl wasabi
Tried to search through this thread, but couldn't find an answer. What body is everyone running? I think a lower profile body will help a bit with my traction rolling issue.

I'm running the Proline Raptor body right now (not the flow tek) and it seems to sit pretty high even on the lowest body post setting. I was looking into the FTW Diamondback and JConcepts Hi-flow body as well. Anyone else try either body, or notice better handling when switching from a regular Proline body to a more low profile body?
Not that I am a JC guy, or Losi guy but I had built my truck with the Pro losi 22sct light, & have recently changed over to the JC Nissan Titan. It feels like its cab forward, & super solid. No body noise or flex. Plus JC used crystal clear plastic, no more blue film. It makes painting easier.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
Carbon if you're looking for something lighter. Why just the rear tower?

The guards will fit you just have to trim them to clear the inside of the SC rims. Note: Make sure to trim them for the full range of the suspensions movements.
So far the rear is the only one that has bent. I want to upgrade to something stronger that the stock tower. Im sure I can't go wrong with either the carbon or the alum CNC option part.

Thanks for the info on the mud guards, I will order them up.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by karl wasabi

I am currently running the TLR Hi Performance body as my race body. Performance wise, it has been great on the track compared to my Proline practice body.

Durability is not the best on the TLR Hi Performance body, however.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.