Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default ae 4x4

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Nice, thanks guys. Time to pull the trigger.
You got the ae 4x4 right if so that's what I had and I promise you won't be disappointed with this truck
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Question for the guys with Aluminum shock caps. I bought them because I like all aluminum shocks, I'm not a fan of plastic caps, cartridges and adjusters. Never had a problem with the stock, as far as setups. I tried to set the rebound with them and I can't get them to hold. They seem like they are sealing, but they won't rebound to where I set them. There is NO REBOUND. They stay all the way in the compressed position. All four do the same thing. I've rebuilt them twice now using all new orings and it's the same result every time.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shogren65
Question for the guys with Aluminum shock caps. I bought them because I like all aluminum shocks, I'm not a fan of plastic caps, cartridges and adjusters. Never had a problem with the stock, as far as setups. I tried to set the rebound with them and I can't get them to hold. They seem like they are sealing, but they won't rebound to where I set them. There is NO REBOUND. They stay all the way in the compressed position. All four do the same thing. I've rebuilt them twice now using all new orings and it's the same result every time.
When you put the bladder on did you leave the shock shaft all thee way out or did you push it up? Leaving it all the way down will give lots of rebound..................
Paul Rush
Old 04-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, I guess waiting for the EB48 to come back in stock pushed me to what is....the 410!! Ordered one (cough cough for my son) last night. I am sure I will be buying a second on for myself soon.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Well, good thing "no rebound" is what Tekno suggests :-)
Old 04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You need to plug the hole on top of the cap (where the shock bushing sits) if you want more rebound. The vented top design produces very little rebound.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I am normally running 1/4 rebound in the front and 1/2 in the rear. I am going to try it first to make sure they are completely sealed first then ill try to plug the holes see if I can get the rebound back to what I'm used to if they don't work right.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maizer
Well I got my 2nd race on the truck at The Pro Line shoot out in Maryland Saturday at the track race way. Qualified 7th in the A and after a bad start/hack attack. I worked my way back to 4th and ended up 5th after a good battle there. The track did not have a single area that was smooth bumps were all over. The truck was great. Here is the setup for the guy at the track that asked sorry I forgot your name. I ran nothing crazy small change from stock.
i was wondering what the ride height ,droop, and camber was for that setup. it wasn't listed on the sheet. I have been getting a bad nose dive from mine and would like to see if i am far off on something.
thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII
i was wondering what the ride height ,droop, and camber was for that setup. it wasn't listed on the sheet. I have been getting a bad nose dive from mine and would like to see if i am far off on something.
thanks
I fixed my nose dive issue by going to green Tekno springs in the back with 30wt AE oil. Might go up a little on oil though.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Springs

What springs are good for 1/8 outdoor bumpy track, front, back?

What springs are good for indoor track...smooth, high bite?

How can I control the nose dive?

I just bought the lightened chassis, good choice?

Anthony
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Suspended

Hello,

What are yous doing about motor fan placement? I just finished building mine and noticed there really isn't a good place for mounting a fan to expel heat off the motor. Any pics or info would be appreciated

Thank you.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YonkersRC
What springs are good for 1/8 outdoor bumpy track, front, back?

What springs are good for indoor track...smooth, high bite?

How can I control the nose dive?

I just bought the lightened chassis, good choice?

Anthony
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Grey-76gf-mm-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-53gf-297lb-2

Thank me later!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorookie
Hello all! Quick noob question...when assembling the front body mount, it looks like I will only able to use the two outer holes on top of the shock tower. Does this sound right? The rear allows for use of all of the hole positions. Appreciate any info.

PS - If this was discussed earlier, I apologize. 500+ pages is pretty intense to search out.
Got a reply from Tekno. Apparently they have seen this before where the kit comes with two rear mounts instead of one each. Tekno will be sending me one out. No hard feelings on my part since I am still waiting on electronics and Tekno is going to make it right.

For being my first kit build, I think it went pretty good. Except for when I thought I had a bad spur gear/diff build, heard it rubbing against the top plate, rebuilt the diff, same noise. Turned out there was a small piece of plastic hanging and rubbing on the gear. Should of seem the look on my face. Both before and after. Priceless.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone here has driven an eb48 converted sct (still using original arms cvd 17mm hex de racing sc rims) versus sct410? I'm still struggling to do a conversion for another eb48 for parts sharing and durability etc
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Vegatron or sickpuppy, do either one of you have extra axles? I'm finally able to race this Wednesday, but I managed to break an axle tonight when I was at the track.

Fastlane doesn't have any, so I have replacements on the way, but I'm dead in the water right now. I could either pay you for yours or give you one of my replacements when they show up.

Let me know if either one of you can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.