Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
sct410 for sure coming from owning a scte 1.0/mip scte with a good amount of hop ups . Sct410 quality is much better all around has more steering and turn in handles more like a 1/8 buggy than a 1/10 scale .

You can tune the steering to calm down the sc410 using the outside holes on the front carrier blocks if you need to . Even layout the shocks down more on the tower if you want the rear more stable .

I don't run tekin just Hobbywing esc and Tenshock 4600kv motor . Really I would take a look at the hobbywing motors and esc or a Viper 1/8 scale esc .
Alright thanks I have driven both and the Tekno is crazy on how much steering it has but I still didn't know what to get, so I will continue to do my research on both cars! Thanks again
Old 06-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
Alright thanks I have driven both and the Tekno is crazy on how much steering it has but I still didn't know what to get, so I will continue to do my research on both cars! Thanks again

Yea it is with how much steering it has but it's easy tune down . I can actually drive the truck faster /harder now . A few changes is all that is needed if there is to much steering or the rear end is loose . And turndown the dual rate or expo if you have a fast servo on this truck it helps with this truck .

This is driving the truck on lower traction outdoor tracks .

Only thing needed for the truck is the alum wheel hexs , Hb servo alum horn .
Old 06-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
That would be nice if it works out. I asked Tekno months ago about the traxxas hex's and they said it would not work out.. can't remember why but hope that was before the SL 410 axle.
I bought my truck used, and one of the axles was an SCTE (previous owner must have broken the axle, and had to rig it up I think). What I learned through that was the SCTE axle was thinner (at least at the hex area) than the Tekno.

Since the axles slide into those Traxxas adapters, I think you'll find the Teknos are too thick to fit. (IE: The inner diameter of the Traxxas adapters is smaller than the outer diameter of the Tekno axle).

You might be able to fuddle and run SCTE axles all around, but then it starts to get too costly. However, perhaps milling out the Traxxas adapters might be another option. I don't think any of those SCTE adapters would work either (for the same reason).

If you exchange/compare SCTE and SCT410 hexes you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tekno 410 wheel hexes have a 6mm bore, the SCTE are a 5mm.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If the hexes are only 5mm and the axle is 6mm on the 410, it should be easy enough to drill and ream the hole open to 6mm in the traxxas hexes. Just need to make sure the cross drilled hole and everything else lines up right and it provides the correct offset.

I wish tekno would just release an option part for the 17mm hex to use with the SL axles that would give the correct short course width using the DE 17mm wheels. Seems it would be a simple enough part and right up their ally since they made hop up parts like this for years for other cars. Now its just for their own car.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhautz
If the hexes are only 5mm and the axle is 6mm on the 410, it should be easy enough to drill and ream the hole open to 6mm in the traxxas hexes. Just need to make sure the cross drilled hole and everything else lines up right and it provides the correct offset.

I wish tekno would just release an option part for the 17mm hex to use with the SL axles that would give the correct short course width using the DE 17mm wheels. Seems it would be a simple enough part and right up their ally since they made hop up parts like this for years for other cars. Now its just for their own car.
If you can drill/mill it out to 6mm it should be good. The pins will line up with the hubs .. and the pin's distance from the hub might be .5mm (at most) out from the hub than the Tekno axle. I tossed the last of my SCTE axles so I can't measure right now..

What I didn't know was if the SC8 wheels were zero offset (I can measure my buggy wheels, but was personally wondering about SC8 just to stay within the rules) and how much thicker, if at all, the Traxxas hexes are than the Tekno ones. It looks like it'd be very close.

You buy and drill them out, and I'll cover half of the losses if the experiment fails? Deal? LOL
Old 06-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm
If you can drill/mill it out to 6mm it should be good. The pins will line up with the hubs .. and the pin's distance from the hub might be .5mm (at most) out from the hub than the Tekno axle. I tossed the last of my SCTE axles so I can't measure right now..

What I didn't know was if the SC8 wheels were zero offset (I can measure my buggy wheels, but was personally wondering about SC8 just to stay within the rules) and how much thicker, if at all, the Traxxas hexes are than the Tekno ones. It looks like it'd be very close.

You buy and drill them out, and I'll cover half of the losses if the experiment fails? Deal? LOL
lol. OK.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Same offset between DE scte and DE SC8 rims.

From memory the issue with the traxxas kit was that it put you out too wide.

Whatever it ends up being, if it uses the 410 axle... there's still an issue. Need to go full 1/8 or that SL axle Jhautz linked to.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fq06
Same offset between DE scte and DE SC8 rims.

From memory the issue with the traxxas kit was that it put you out too wide.

Whatever it ends up being, if it uses the 410 axle... there's still an issue. Need to go full 1/8 or that SL axle Jhautz linked to.
Ahh, I didn't look too closely - that link from JHautz for the Traxxas kit was for a Revo. My assumption is that it was a converter to slide over the existing axle. Yea, ok, I can see where that wouldn't work. That Traxxas pin would be too thick for the existing hole to support the stock hex, and if you made the hole any larger you'd sacrifice the integrity of the axle.

Oh well
Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thats for the super lite buggy converted from the 410.
A hollow tube will have multiple times more strength than a rod .
If they could make the hex part of that kit narrower by what... 4mm per side that's all you need to stop breaking axles and have a nuke proof wheel/hex interface.

You also pick up the benefit of having more surface area against the wheel to resist side twisting improving performance in turns

Tekno... hear us knocking on your door?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all, just thought I'd share something. I got to making some skid plates out of glossy black 1/8" HDPE on my CNC machine. Hoping to test them out at the track soon, see how strong they are. At the very least they mach the chassis perfectly.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltzerge
Hey all, just thought I'd share something. I got to making some skid plates out of glossy black 1/8" HDPE on my CNC machine. Hoping to test them out at the track soon, see how strong they are. At the very least they mach the chassis perfectly.
That skid plate looks good, hope it holds up. You made some mudflaps too?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JRapid
That skid plate looks good, hope it holds up. You made some mudflaps too?
Nope, they're the RPM mudflaps for the RPM Slash bumper system, but they bolt on to the Tekno bumper fine if you have some extra long bolts for it.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltzerge
Nope, they're the RPM mudflaps for the RPM Slash bumper system, but they bolt on to the Tekno bumper fine if you have some extra long bolts for it.
Oh ok. I had some of those too but I didn't like how they swung with only one screw, so I made my own. We'll see how they hold up!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm

Looks like the traxxas hub should work just fine with the Super Light conversion axle. The center hole on the traxxas 17mm hub is drilled at 6mm for about 2/3 of the depth and then at only 5mm the rest of it so the axle wont go all the way through the traxxas hub without drilling the center hole out to 6mm the rest of the way. I dont have a 6mm drill but ill get one and try it out.

By my measurements it should narrow the track width about 5 to 6mm per side vs the 17mm Tekno hex that comes in the Super Light conversion. This should be just about perfect.

Now my only regret is not doing this long ago before I bought all of my tires and glued them to the normal SCTE 12mm hex wheels.....

I ordered a 6mm drill and reamer to open up the rest of the hole and then I'll try mounting them on the truck with a set of normal 1/8 buggy wheels and see if I can measure if there is a track width difference between this and the standard SC 12mm hex wheel setup. Make sure everything looks like it will measure out before I spend any money on wheels and tires.....

Looks promising!!!

Lightweight Buggy conversion axle

Traxxas hub on the axle. Wont go on all the way. Until the 5mm portion of the through hole gets opened up to 6mm

The traxxas hex vs the Tekno Super Light 17mm hex that gives standard 1/8 buggy width.

6mm hole in the back

5mm hole in the front

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.