Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
Yes they will work fine brother.
Thank you. What will they do differently than the composite gears? How will my diffs work differently with steel gears than composite?
Old 01-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blwaz23
Thank you. What will they do differently than the composite gears? How will my diffs work differently with steel gears than composite?
The steel gears will add weight. They handle the rigorous strain that high bite tracks apply and the added weight helps on the high bite surface. EX: Highbite carpet tracks. The composite are lighter, thus they will spool up quicker, also quieter. They say they are better for lower bite tracks. If you have the 16 XB4 the gears within the diffs are actually the graphite blend, thus super light and super quiet. Pair that with the V2 comp/graphite drive and crown gears and you have a super quiet drive train, that spools up very quickly.

Depends on what you run track wise. I personally like the graphite gears throughout, but I run on low to upper medium bite hard packed dirt and clay tracks.

Mainly personally preference unless again you are running on high bite carpet as you will be better off with the steel internal diff gears. The steel will also work fine on low bite tracks, however they won't spool up as fast as the graphite gears. I am not sure if I would feel the difference as I am not a pro driver, thus far far from being even close to good. I definetly can tell the difference in how much quieter and smoother the drive train is when using the graphite gears.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse
The steel gears will add weight. They handle the rigorous strain that high bite tracks apply and the added weight helps on the high bite surface. EX: Highbite carpet tracks. The composite are lighter, thus they will spool up quicker, also quieter. They say they are better for lower bite tracks. If you have the 16 XB4 the gears within the diffs are actually the graphite blend, thus super light and super quiet. Pair that with the V2 comp/graphite drive and crown gears and you have a super quiet drive train, that spools up very quickly.

Depends on what you run track wise. I personally like the graphite gears throughout, but I run on low to upper medium bite hard packed dirt and clay tracks.

Mainly personally preference unless again you are running on high bite carpet as you will be better off with the steel internal diff gears. The steel will also work fine on low bite tracks, however they won't spool up as fast as the graphite gears. I am not sure if I would feel the difference as I am not a pro driver, thus far far from being even close to good. I definetly can tell the difference in how much quieter and smoother the drive train is when using the graphite gears.
Thank you and I would assume you are talking about these Part number [XRA364935]
Old 01-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blwaz23
Thank you and I would assume you are talking about these Part number [XRA364935]
Yes my friend. Instead of using the two kit spec. 35t steel diff bevel (crown) gears and the two 14t steel bevel drive gears; you could instead use XRA364935 35t comp/graphite diff bevel (crown) gears and XRA365114 14t composite bevel drive gears. Thus your whole drive train would consist of XRAY's graphite/comp gears as the 16 XB4 comes standard with (low) graphite diff bevels and satellite gears XRA304932. The other light bevel and satellite options are 930 which are composite and 931 which are graphite.

I honestly don't know what the difference is between XRA304932 and 931 as they are both are graphite.

I personally prefer this set up in using all the graphite comp. gears, as it is super quiet, smooth and your diffs spool up really quick as the rotating mass is quite a bit less. I think the graphite gears are around 80 percent lighter.

The above all graphite comp set up would not your best set up for super high bite conditions. The steel and or hardened aluminum crown gears would be more optimal. I also know that running the steel diff bevels and satellite gears is popular on super Highbite. I believe they are the NT1 gears which I don't know the part number. Bentka, Suby and a slew of other XB4 forum members would be able to provide much better info than myself.

I have ran the full graphite comp gear set up from super low bite up to medium high bite clay and have had no issues with gears failing. Set your slipper right when using slipper.

Hope this helps my friend

Last edited by Norse; 01-22-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just want to say that the XRAY ECS for the touring cars are $55/ea, $110/pair... so at $41/ea, it's a steal... lol
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuruption
Just want to say that the XRAY ECS for the touring cars are $55/ea, $110/pair... so at $41/ea, it's a steal... lol
Hey Ray,

Heres my story on just purchasing ECS rears and fronts from the Xray-Shop Austria. I loaded up all the medium flex parts in my cart at Amain but delayed checking out for 2 hours and bam! I lost the medium side rails. I think JMC beat to them. Thus I went to the XRay Shop to order them plus a couple V2 crowns and drive bevels. Seeing shipping cost $25 I thought I better make the order worth while so I look through their new products and up pop those great looking ECS rears and front. The prices on parts are always little bit cheaper than Amain thus add the $25 shipping and it's pretty much equal to an order from Amain. Granted shipping time won't be 2 to 3 days but their pretty quick for Int. shipping being around 10 to 12 days. Plus I am not sure when RC America and or Amain will recieve them thus just another excuse to order them now. Hope the wife doesn't get to mad

Have a great weekend my friend.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

How many of you use ball diff's?
Old 01-23-2016, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
How many of you use ball diff's?
I use them on low to med bite and gear for high bite.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello everyone!
Recently new to the hobby and bought a 2014 Xb4 with lots of exotec addons + SPL SXX with motor 5T but few of components are kinda worn off like 2 diff axxles and 1 diff hub for example.
I got it in ridiculous price with 2 gens ace batteries for 200 euros. is it worth upgrading it to the max on full new parts on everything that is worn out? it will cost me arround 150 euros to make it brand new, or just wait till something break and then replace it?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Somebody knows the reference number of the body clip posts?
Old 01-24-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by atipowered
Are you referring to to the body posts? Pull up the parts list for the the 16 XB4 or go to Amain and type in 2016 XB4 parts. The body posts and their PN will listed.

Have a good day my friend
Old 01-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by atipowered
Here you go buddy

XRA361322 extra short body post-front (new for 16)
XRA361320 body posts mount, battery post and wing shims set.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

perfect,thanks!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grifind
Hello everyone!
Recently new to the hobby and bought a 2014 Xb4 with lots of exotec addons + SPL SXX with motor 5T but few of components are kinda worn off like 2 diff axxles and 1 diff hub for example.
I got it in ridiculous price with 2 gens ace batteries for 200 euros. is it worth upgrading it to the max on full new parts on everything that is worn out? it will cost me arround 150 euros to make it brand new, or just wait till something break and then replace it?
I would replace front and rear axles if need. Also check your diff out drives.
You may want to rebuild your shocks as well as put new oil in your diffs. That is if the shocks and diffs have not been attended to for a while.

Welcome to a great hobby and great platform being the XB4.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grifind
Hello everyone!

If your front swing shafts are fully worn out you may want to purchase SPEC R racings front EOS style front swing shafts. They are fully built and cost around $47 for the front pair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.