Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregerL
IF it is the front you have trouble with something like this will help you:

http://www.warny.pt/store/xray-xb4-b...ny?search=Xray

We run it and haven't broken a front diff housing since we started using it.

/G.
was the rear in my case,but twice now,getting old,bud broke the front diff case in the same place,that type support would not help,it breaks off the top the whole shock tower bolts to those 2 sections,a billet case would be great.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
When we're running without top decks it's either with the 3mm option chassis or the stock 2mm chassis with stiffer side pods and carbon stiffeners for the chassis braces.

For both configurations we use the front 2mm X-brace.

Bent
Bentka,

Do you know when the stiffer side pods and CF chassis brace stiffeners are going to be released? I like the idea of being able to switch things up quickly. Thus stiffer side pods and CF stiffeners for the chassis braces will nice option parts to have and quick to swap in and out.

as always your input and advice is greatly appreciate.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
was the rear in my case,but twice now,getting old,bud broke the front diff case in the same place,that type support would not help,it breaks off the top the whole shock tower bolts to those 2 sections,a billet case would be great.
We have had the exact same breakage, and the brace does help. What it does is that it connects the four shock tower bolts with the top two bolts of the diff case lid.

Makes you put in some more effort when accessing the diff, but trust me, it works and is well worth it.

/G
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

We have had the exact same breakage, and the brace does help. What it does is that it connects the four shock tower bolts with the top two bolts of the diff case lid.

Makes you put in some more effort when accessing the diff, but trust me, it works and is well worth it.

/G
Greger,

Thanks for the link to this part. I can definetly see how it strengthens the front diff. Looks like one could install one of these on the rear as well.
I will be ordering 2 of these. If one has the roll center brace it looks like one would you have to remove part of the backside (backside of brace that connects to the diff case) or is the backside/mounting side of this part flush? This brace used in tandem with the roll center brace(lower steel shock tower plate) woul really strengthen up the front.

Thanks again my friend
Old 04-22-2015, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the Avid and Schelle charts. Still learning, can I ask about what rebound for the shocks are being set at?
Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I've been running something similar from Ralls Racing for the last 2 years, not had one breakage since, the first bulkhead lasted 3 meetings before I got the brace.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iketruman
Thanks guys for the Avid and Schelle charts. Still learning, can I ask about what rebound for the shocks are being set at?
You're making the same mistake I did when I was learning about pack by just looking at the surface area of the holes. There is more going on than just that. The quantity as well as size of the holes matters, as well as oil wt and fit of the shock piston to body. Then you start getting into different size holes in the same piston and it can be confusing. A good read for learning about pack and other tuning info is JQ The Guide. He puts it into layman's terms and makes it easier to understand for those of us that aren't engineers and interested in fluid dynamics and other geeky stuff.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...BTVbkbyMRXpIlg
Old 04-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Myall
I've been running something similar from Ralls Racing for the last 2 years, not had one breakage since, the first bulkhead lasted 3 meetings before I got the brace.
i have a sim brace on the front,it allows you to connect the lower part of shock tower to the top to support it,the way mine is breaking in the rear,there is no place for the support to bolt to help,i dont see any other way to make it stronger than have it made of billet?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

With an aluminum bulkhead I would imagine you would just snap towers instead. Something has to give.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

rcgod thank you for the link. But your comments are a continuation of a conversation with someone else.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Norse
Greger,

Thanks for the link to this part. I can definetly see how it strengthens the front diff. Looks like one could install one of these on the rear as well.
I will be ordering 2 of these. If one has the roll center brace it looks like one would you have to remove part of the backside (backside of brace that connects to the diff case) or is the backside/mounting side of this part flush? This brace used in tandem with the roll center brace(lower steel shock tower plate) woul really strengthen up the front.

Thanks again my friend
The back side is not flush, so it is adapted for stock geometry without the roll center brace. I find that with the new towers there is very little or no need for the roll center brace, so it will do its job without it.

For the rear it won't work, unless maybe if you run the shock tower in the rear position.

/Greger
Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Still in the process of building my car. I went ahead and got the center diff for it. Im gonna be running on a outdoor medium bite track. What center oil should i start with. I know when I had the 44.3 on a indoor medium bite track I tried 100k and it was to aggressive. So went back to 60k and liked it better
Old 04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

The back side is not flush, so it is adapted for stock geometry without the roll center brace. I find that with the new towers there is very little or no need for the roll center brace, so it will do its job without it.

For the rear it won't work, unless maybe if you run the shock tower in the rear position.

/Greger
Thanks Gregor much appreciated my friend. I am ordering 1 definetly thus will be nice when running on the pretty extreme 8th scale track in my area.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Myall
Another sign that this part is benefitial as 2 different entitites have addressed the same issue designing virtually the same part. Not to forget that Greger and yourself have not seen breakage since adding these braces.

Thanks for the additional brace info. my friend.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Still in the process of building my car. I went ahead and got the center diff for it. Im gonna be running on a outdoor medium bite track. What center oil should i start with. I know when I had the 44.3 on a indoor medium bite track I tried 100k and it was to aggressive. So went back to 60k and liked it better
Hey Montana,
i race on a medium size low bite track and started with 100k in the centre out of curiosity i went down to 20,000
and loved it i had heaps more off power steering and on power the 15 was a lot better.3 other drivers with their xb4s dropped their centre diff wt that day and all of them
preferred it .
here is a quick vid of my 15 running 6/20,000/3 at the track i qualified 2nd and hit the lead at the first corner
white/black paint job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXhnetk-EMI

Last edited by TPR 1; 04-22-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.