Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If we want to get this fixed or even acknowledged by xray then social media is the answer. I just posted on Facebook and the xray forum. Please do the same so we can get this fixed.

And thanks to Kevin for leading the charge. We need to stick together on this and not let xray sweep it under the rug. They obviously think we're stupid, or at least blind.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
If we want to get this fixed or even acknowledged by xray then social media is the answer. I just posted on Facebook and the xray forum. Please do the same so we can get this fixed.

And thanks to Kevin for leading the charge. We need to stick together on this and not let xray sweep it under the rug. They obviously think we're stupid, or at least blind.
And social media is not the only answer. I just left a 1 star review on Amain with an explanation. If Xray steps up I would edit that and make it more favorable, but until then...........

FYI, like somebody here said, when they called Amain for a refund, they were already aware of the issue, likely from this thread ultimately, so we do have a voice, we vote with our wallets, and there is a trickle down effect. Trust and believe they're gonna care about it more when someplace like Amain starts to question them. Curiously, the +2mm rear brace is out of stock on Amain as well, I wonder if they pulled it.

I hate to be that guy, but if they're going to insult us by giving these bogus explanations, then we should spam the hell out of their online presence with this.

Don't drink the "Xray Kool-Aid"!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Here are a few places other than here where you can voice your opinion, and I suggest you do so at this point.......
https://www.facebook.com/TeamXray?fref=nf
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=18954
http://www.amain.com/xray-xb4-2015-1...gy-kit/p404570(click on "write a review")
Also it doesn't hurt to explain it to your LHS, perhaps some of them would even speak up about it.
You can also Email Xray via [email protected]
The USA distributor email is [email protected] but go easy on them, it's not their fault and I doubt any of the responses come from them, though if they push back enough on the factory because their customers aren't happy it may help.

Last edited by kevinpratt823; 01-27-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

I'm glad I went with another kit over this one after reading all of the most recent posts. I hope you guys can get Xray to fix this issue.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skeasor
I'm glad I went with another kit over this one after reading all of the most recent posts. I hope you guys can get Xray to fix this issue.

Thanks!
Thank you.

Take note Xray, your lack of accountability is already costing you sales.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

I also left a 1 star review on amain. Interesting that there was stock a few days ago and now back ordered. The one I ordered is going back to them today.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Chalk up another 1 STAR "Verified Owner" review for the XB4 on A-Main.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Man I hate to say it but I'm thinking about bailing out of this car and getting a d413. I love the car just can't support this bs. Unfortunately we probably devalued our cars by finding this.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man I hate to say it but I'm thinking about bailing out of this car and getting a d413. I love the car just can't support this bs. Unfortunately we probably devalued our cars by finding this.
Sorry i am a bit of a newbie and I've been following along this thread... My question is if the 2014 shares the same problems?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've got too much into mine to get any return worth picking up a D413, plus I've still got '15 parts coming in the mail - including a set of lightly used RR+2's

brokenparts13 - yes, all kits, new and old.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yikes, so this problem existed on the previous generation and xray repeated the same thing? Did some one point this out to xray about the previous generation in the same way it is being talked about now?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

what about the serpent, thinking of getting one
Old 01-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brokenparts13
Yikes, so this problem existed on the previous generation and xray repeated the same thing? Did some one point this out to xray about the previous generation in the same way it is being talked about now?
This is part of Xray's response on their forum-"Finally these tolerances have been very same from the very first XB4 which has been used successfuly by the team around the world."

Their response certainly doesn't mean it's right though, just that people have had to compensate for it all along. Can you imagine how the R&D dept. felt when the saw this? They have no doubt spent plenty of time and money trying to find little ways to improve the car along the way, and meanwhile there was an elephant sitting right in front of them. But apparently they placed so much trust in the Hudy setup board(which does not measure based on the chassis centerline), that they couldn't even see it right in front of them. Perhaps the Hudy setup system is due for an update too.......
Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm sorry to ask but I really want to understand.

So is all the anger because XRAY won't fix or even really acknowledge the problem? Or is there something that is being noticed when you are driving the car?

I completely agree if something is off by 1 degree, it should be fixed. But at the same time, it is interesting that no one had noticed it in the previous generation of this car. I guess, is it really worth dumping the car if you never noticed the problem when driving (not talking about measurements)? And now that we know, we can compensate for it or hope that someone makes a replacement part.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
I'm sorry to ask but I really want to understand.

So is all the anger because XRAY won't fix or even really acknowledge the problem? Or is there something that is being noticed when you are driving the car?

I completely agree if something is off by 1 degree, it should be fixed. But at the same time, it is interesting that no one had noticed it in the previous generation of this car. I guess, is it really worth dumping the car if you never noticed the problem when driving (not talking about measurements)? And now that we know, we can compensate for it or hope that someone makes a replacement part.
It's NOT in my 2014 version of the car. And this issue would be VERY noticeable in handling on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.