Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
Are you going to shim the gearbox up or just use it as is and put the inserts in the 1 deg top positions? I suppose the latter should be the equivalent of having the +2 with the inserts in the lower positions.......

FYI, I just set mine up with zero inserts on all but the right rear, which got a .5 deg insert in the inner/middle roll center position and it evened things up for now. Just sux that it will be my only option for adjustment.
I'm going to use the spacer and 1 up pills. I still have the spacers from my 2014 car luckily so all I need are the mounts.

You might want to move the offset pill to the left side and shift that hinge pin out. Moving the right side in will give you 2.5 toe which might be hard to drive. Imo 3.5 will be better especially if you're running shorty.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have just put mine on a Hudy station to compare all the RR +2mm plates that I have.

From a XB4 2wd, Brass, and one from a 2015 kit.

They all gave the same reading of 3deg.

That means the gauges are out.

I'm lost on this one.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boz
I have just put mine on a Hudy station to compare all the RR +2mm plates that I have.

I'm lost on this one.
The setup station takes it's centerline from where the wheels are mounted not the centerline of the chassis. You're not going to see it checking it that way.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boz

I'm lost on this one.
Don't tell me Perth got the good ones lol...
Measure from toe block hole to screw hole...
Casey's and mine are out.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
Don't tell me Perth got the good ones lol...
Measure from toe block hole to screw hole...
Casey's and mine are out.
I still have a '14 rear end on mine.

When I look at the '15 rear end, yes it looks off set (eg: one susp arm is cloer to the bulkhead). Is it the blocks or the bulkhead thats out?

That's why I took the RR +2mm block off of the '15 and mounted it on '14 rear end. If the rear block is machined wrong, then it should have shown up on the gauges, which it didn't. Both sides read 3deg.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcgod
The setup station takes it's centerline from where the wheels are mounted not the centerline of the chassis. You're not going to see it checking it that way.

So you are saying that the both the RR and RF +2mm from a '15 kit have both been machined wrong.

That one side of the rear sticks out more then the other?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

as i understand both insert hole shouldn't count from the screw hole.....maybe the gearbox is not mount in the center line of the 'car'
Old 01-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boz

So you are saying that the both the RR and RF +2mm from a '15 kit have both been machined wrong.

That one side of the rear sticks out more then the other?
No I'm saying the top plate on your setup station is centered on the plates that mount where the wheels go. So the top plate is skewed to the centerline of the chassis. Then you're checking the toe on each side to the top plate. It's going to look like it's right because your reference (the top plate) isn't square to the chassis because of the offset rear block.

These are the measured angles of the hinge pins to the centerline of the chassis. I used the 2 balance holes to align it.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-2015-01-22-23.04.57.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

The alu suspension blocks have asymmetrical holes made on purpose to offset the small differences in the composite bulkhead after they cool down after moulding. As such, the suspension blocks are all correct and after assembly everything is correct.

When composite parts are assembled with others parts using screws, they tend to bend in the direction of the screws. XRAY's legendary attention to the detail in this case ensures that all composite parts are measured after assembly and the tolerances of the moulds are adjusted to offset this kind of effect to ensure the geometry is correct.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by XraySupport
The alu suspension blocks have asymmetrical holes made on purpose to offset the small differences in the composite bulkhead after they cool down after moulding. As such, the suspension blocks are all correct and after assembly everything is correct.

When composite parts are assembled with others parts using screws, they tend to bend in the direction of the screws. XRAY's legendary attention to the detail in this case ensures that all composite parts are measured after assembly and the tolerances of the moulds are adjusted to offset this kind of effect to ensure the geometry is correct.
Now THAT is very impressive. Nice work Xray. Amazing attn to detail.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not even going to comment.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XraySupport

Hahaha kaboom!!! We stand corrected...
Old 01-23-2015, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Xraysupport,
Can you explain to me the issue I have been having where my dog bones bottom out into the drive cups when they go vertical, only allowing half travel when I have the inserts in the inner position?

Also, why does it seem that nobody found this with the 2014 rear hinge plates?
And why does one outdrive protrude father than the other in a diff that was designed to be run either direction?
thanks.

Last edited by kevinpratt823; 01-23-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Ok I just have some questions for xray support. If the offset mount is part of the design, when the car is assembled, why are my rear arms toed in at different angles? Why do I need to use a .5 offset insert on one side to even it out?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GregerL
What type of surface will you be racing on?
carpet (moquette)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.