Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my slash now a competitive racer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Sorry, but thats a complete waste of money.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brent701

I 100% know the SC10 out handles a Blitz.

I have proven it on the track...

So to me. The slash is still not competitive....
Well, that proves it alright. You obviously tested in all track conditions with the same tires, same electronics, drivers of equal skill, drivers with different skills, stock, mod, upgrades, no upgrades, etc. Very thorough, I'm sure.

I remember coming in first place once with my Blitz and beating one of the top SC drivers at the track........in his SC10. Hmmmmmmmm......... Does that mean that I have proven that the Blitz is the better truck?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For 600? I bought a Rc10T4.1FT and Tekin Rs Pro/7.5t combo and Spektrum radio for less lol. As for skills. The amount of flex in a Slash/Rustler and extra weight really kills it in the corners. Me and my Stepdad are equally skilled in mod truck. He just couldn't cut the corners in the Rustler(which was modded to SRT standard but the chassis what kills) like a stock T4. Plus the lightness of the T4 makes the truck spool up much quicker and more precise in the air. The only good Traxxas kit for racing is the SRT and TCP b/c they were actually racing platforms.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
Well, that proves it alright. You obviously tested in all track conditions with the same tires, same electronics, drivers of equal skill, drivers with different skills, stock, mod, upgrades, no upgrades, etc. Very thorough, I'm sure.

I remember coming in first place once with my Blitz and beating one of the top SC drivers at the track........in his SC10. Hmmmmmmmm......... Does that mean that I have proven that the Blitz is the better truck?
I did in fact.,

Same driver drove his Blitz for just about 1 year.

I removed his elec. from his Blitz installed them in a SC10. Without any track time. does his 1st heat and runs his fastest lap time ever. also is now up top 3 of each heat/main..

Nothing but stock stuff was on the SC10 even had the gear diff in it.

I have nothing to prove to you. This is my opinion. take it how you feel. I still In My Opinion think the OP wasted a lot of money on a truck that is still going to not perform as a truck built out of the box for the track..

Sorry if we disagree.

however I can add up the amount of Blitz's on the track with 2 fingers. SC10's I need a few people to add them up....
Old 07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm getting the lcg kit and u was running a 6800mah lipo and I changed the pinion gear and it kept up the the other sct's
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My times so far.
Stock slash: 46 seconds
First hour of Slash with lcg/protrac: 42 seconds
10-15 hours Practise: 40.5 seconds
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

I'm also running 14/54 and I'm using PL blockades
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Guys how should I setup my big bores? Spring and shock oil wise. The jumps are sorta big but not massive.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

omg
Before you order everything, some race tracks have a box stock spec class, no mods only shock oil! This will be a good training to learn throttle control. Traxxas has a set up for stock Slash racing. go to the Traxxas website. Ive raced this class and its a lot of fun.

If you are dead set on upgrading, get the LCG conversion, there are several out there.
If seen some on the track and they look very competitive. As you will find out its all hand/eye control. Mostly throttle finger control.

Ask around about setting up your speed control with drag brake and your transmitter with the throttle EPA. The drag brake will allow your car to brake when you lift the throttle to neutral. This small drag will allow the front to steer with more control off throttle because the weight bias will be shifted off of the rear tires. The EPA will allow you to adjust initial throttle sensitivity. adjusting to negative EPA throttle setting will help to eliminate wheel spin and loosing control.

Get to the track and start practicing. Ive been practicing for the last six months. One little step at a time. practice and practice. Also look for track that are set up for 1/10th scale. those 1/8th scale Supercross triple jumps will break your truck.

have fun

Last edited by FNG RIDER; 07-25-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Look into the chuckworks chassis. I just ordered a b3 after trying another truck setup with on it and it handled amazing
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
OP, you might find this interesting
http://www.rcsoup.com/2011/12/traxxa...ssis-shootout/

I just ordered the chuckworks A4 for my wifes slash, so I will find out how that goes.
I read and commented on that article in rcsoup (toddwfo). I got the WMD for my son, he took it and won the first two races he enterd with it, one of which he led every lap of both heats and A-main. But after he drove my SC10 I got him one and now he has moved up to a SCX-60cf....the WMD is a hand built chassis made in Springfield, MO, they are worth every dime, very durable, competitive and a work of art.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

they look nice. But i really like the look of proline new pro-2 chassis. I think that it will be the benchmark of lcg chassis for the slash. I still think that the strc is the best lcg for people on a budget.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

[/quote] I still think that the strc is the best lcg for people on a budget.[/QUOTE]

If I remeber correctly the WMD and STRC were only a few dollars different. The WMD being a few more than a Rustler chassis and STRC kit, that is why I went with it.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

sorry to continue on bumping up this thread, but i just sold my slash and got a kyosho scr, i really want to see how big the difference is... so i can tell people if its worth getting a new car or upgrading there slash.