Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwlsn
Hey everybody im sure it has been answered on here a million times but what kind of steering servos are you running or what brand has worked best? High torque or high speed? If you guys know of a thread on here that would help just let me know.
savox 1258 or the spektrum s6040 are pretty much my go to servos.

+1 on the aluminum idler gear. The plastic gear always seemed to fail at the worst times. Make sure you put some grease on aluminum idler.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pbrreviews
-2.5 degrees of camber on the rear and 0 degrees up front, if that's not enough lengthen the rear turnbuckle length by using the 1-c holes, slight toe out up front(optional)
Thank you for your help. I will try the next time out. I'm hoping to figure this thing out to prove this truck can be competitive on low traction surfaces. Everyone in our area has gave up on this platform, claiming it doesn't have enough flex. Any other help or advice will be greatly appreciated as well.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

frank

what ft hex are you using on your standard setup??? and are you using the race, or a bellcrank system??
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiger
Thank you for your help. I will try the next time out. I'm hoping to figure this thing out to prove this truck can be competitive on low traction surfaces. Everyone in our area has gave up on this platform, claiming it doesn't have enough flex. Any other help or advice will be greatly appreciated as well.
No problem, I had the same issue no matter what I did, springs, roll center, tires, when someone told me camber I thought that wouldn't do much, it probably was the most effective change I made. Now I can really drive it aggressively, I probably gained about a lap just from that change.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I do all the time. You need to install the extra thick spacer/washer in the kit to get enough spring pressure on the clutch setup. Also I run white/red/red as shown here: http://www.avidrc.com/downloads/Tria...Guide_Card.pdf

Also if you're running mod I highly suggest the aluminum idler gear. Unfortunately it's not a matter of "if" rather "when" the stock gear lets go.

I do recommend if you're going Avid Triad to get their TLR upper shaft. It allows the use of a larger slipper nut so you can use a standard 5.5mm nut driver...

Randy I am also running the white red red pad set up. The problem I'm having is its not set too loose, it launches great if I mess up setting up for a jump I still have plenty of torque to get me over it. On the other hand it's not set too tight cuz I have like no wheel spin nor is the car spinning out. Actually I feel it's set perfect but after running a pack the whole slipper assembly is very hot and basically shot, so I'm not sure what's goin on, truck is like new nothing binding anywhere. And I'm running a 6.5 in it. I shot Avid an e mail yesterday but haven't heard back so that's that for now.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiger
You could try loosening the side rail screws if you want more flex.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just ordered my 22sct and just reading around that the diff has some issues. Is the best solution to just get the AE diff bolt? Or the enitire MIP ball diff kit? Or just get a gear diff? Let me know what you all think
Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run the stock diff and no issues . Truck is awesome.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chr1s
savox 1258 or the spektrum s6040 are pretty much my go to servos.

+1 on the aluminum idler gear. The plastic gear always seemed to fail at the worst times. Make sure you put some grease on aluminum idler.

both great servos but if you're looking for low budget check out the Solar D770 on hobbypartz.com I think it was less than $23 shipped and the specs are pretty decent.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d770.html

The reason I went with this one is because the "spec" class I'm racing in has a $40 limit on servo replacement

Last edited by sduffy77; 02-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Randy I am also running the white red red pad set up. The problem I'm having is its not set too loose, it launches great if I mess up setting up for a jump I still have plenty of torque to get me over it. On the other hand it's not set too tight cuz I have like no wheel spin nor is the car spinning out. Actually I feel it's set perfect but after running a pack the whole slipper assembly is very hot and basically shot, so I'm not sure what's goin on, truck is like new nothing binding anywhere. And I'm running a 6.5 in it. I shot Avid an e mail yesterday but haven't heard back so that's that for now.
Make sure you have the bellville washers stacked properly. If they're not the inner plates won't get any separation force and it causes the clutch to slip when it shouldn't, etc...

My Sc comes off with a warm clutch on high bite but not so hot it's destroying gears, pads, etc.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by icuster
Just ordered my 22sct and just reading around that the diff has some issues. Is the best solution to just get the AE diff bolt? Or the enitire MIP ball diff kit? Or just get a gear diff? Let me know what you all think
I use the 22 sct ball diff with the Team-Associated-Ball-Differential-Rebuild-Kit. I'm also using the 22 2.0 HD slipper pad and spur.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Savox 2272 lightning speed servo works GREAT in my SCT...I've never had a servo I liked as much as these for 1/10 truck.....bought one for my 22-4 also.....I use the Low-profile fast savox in the 22 buggy though.

As for slipper.....what's the reason for the Avid unit....the stock setup works great for me.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Avid Triad is so much smoother, I run on a pretty slick track guys are always having a hard time with rear traction but with the Triad my truck really hooks up. I have had several guys ask me about it, I let them wheel my truck and they go in the shop and buy one lol.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make sure you have the bellville washers stacked properly. If they're not the inner plates won't get any separation force and it causes the clutch to slip when it shouldn't, etc...

My Sc comes off with a warm clutch on high bite but not so hot it's destroying gears, pads, etc.
Yea I have the washers on in the order, are u running the avid top shaft? And is there anyway u could post a pic so I could get an idea of how far back the nut is on the threads. Thanks for the help Randy.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

so....smooth but cooks pads? Are they still smooth if you figure out the cooking problem?

If so....I may have to give that a shot...we run on slick....I'm rarely feeling like I have enough on-power traction...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.