Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is it just me or is the rear sway bar out of stock like everywhere?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Thanks for the report. Good tips in there! I'm 3/4 of the way through my conversion. One question....why are you using the low-mount ball stud from the 2.0 on the steering kit? Mine seems to work fine w the hardware from my SCT kit. They appeared a little long, but i just went slow and neither had an issue when I screwed them in.
Thanks!!

I did use the standard 6mm ballstud since I was waiting on the low mount. I sourced one locally before I actually drove the car so I ended up using it. They are 6mm as well, I believe. No issues fitting either.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default Shock Shaft Lengths

Originally Posted by blazeblazucki
Hi all, could some one share with me information about one thing :

I would be happy if you could measure the length of front and rear shock shafts?

I would be super happy if someone could measure them with capiler.
I've been serching here and on line and have not been able to find this as either, anyone know the lengths?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
I've been serching here and on line and have not been able to find this as either, anyone know the lengths?
Hopefully Frank can confirm this but I am pretty sure this is accurate.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-tlr-shock-shafts.jpg  
Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dbracn
casper,
When you do your conversion for the sct for the 2.0 is it just the front end parts? Will you need to do anything in the rear end to compensate for the changes in the front? Also will raising the tranny also be necessary with the new front end?

Thanks
Frank mentioned some of this stuff in a post on the 22 2.0 thread. I'll share what i recall. He said not to use the axle shim that comes on the 2.0 on your SCT conversion. Didn't explain why, but said you could still shim your tranny if you were looking for add'l traction. Outside of that said to just swap out the rear hubs. I just finished mine up last night, so hasn't hit the track yet.

I also upgraded my steering rack, changed shocks to the new machined parts and x rings. I also swamped the spacers for the aluminum ones and the hinge pins for the new 2.0 ones. I really like how the pins that hold the rear hubs in place use bolts instead of E clips. Ireally hate those little things!

I'll report back once I drive it, but the car feels nice and tight and I'm not experiencing anything that would need a dremel to fix.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

casper,
When you do your conversion for the sct for the 2.0 is it just the front end parts? Will you need to do anything in the rear end to compensate for the changes in the front? Also will raising the tranny also be necessary with the new front end?

Thanks
I'm not Casper, but maybe I can help. There are new rear arms for the 22 and some tuning options (extra holes, axles you can shim) that have some impact. However, those are not available for the 22SCT nor do they convery from the 22. The 22 team driver setup sheets, if I recall, do use the new hole in the arm.

Ideally you'll probably want to adjust the rear so that you have a balanced vehicle, though I don't know if you actually need to buy anything new to do that.

That said, the new front arms that the caster blocks fit into have a different opening size. I noticed last night that you don't use the spacer when assembling, and perhaps you can dremel out the arm to make it fit (might lose a little durability).
Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Prophet

casper,

Thanks
Honestly I can't answer those questions right now as I have not done it yet. I would probably start with taking the tranny shims out if you have them in there and try the front end parts. Again I have not had a chance to play with this yet.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

I noticed some setup sheets are using buggy rear springs,whats the difference between them and the truck springs
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvercrxsir
I noticed some setup sheets are using buggy rear springs,whats the difference between them and the truck springs
The buggy rear springs are a 2" long spring. And I believe Casper and others are running these on the front shocks.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
Honestly I can't answer those questions right now as I have not done it yet. I would probably start with taking the tranny shims out if you have them in there and try the front end parts. Again I have not had a chance to play with this yet.
I did the front end + the rear hubs (and battery holder) and left the tranny shimmed. Also put the 2.0 parts in the shocks. My local track has low to med traction. Going to run it tonight and will report back.

If I don't like it, first tweak will be to un-shim the tranny.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mbtoolmaker35
The buggy rear springs are a 2" long spring. And I believe Casper and others are running these on the front shocks.
We are using buggy rear springs. They are slightly shorter and feel better on the car. Kind of hard to explain and the difference is not HUGE but most of use have been running buggy rear springs.

For the front we use Std truck front springs.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what size drill bit or reamer I would need for where the pins go in the castor blocks?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It dosen't seem to me that the SCT has the same issues as the buggy did. Why throw those 22 2.0 parts on there now? Why not wait till there's a truly dialed part set offered? The slider I get - it appears to be better and it would be nice to play with the bump steer but the rest - calm down!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gticlay
It dosen't seem to me that the SCT has the same issues as the buggy did. Why throw those 22 2.0 parts on there now? Why not wait till there's a truly dialed part set offered? The slider I get - it appears to be better and it would be nice to play with the bump steer but the rest - calm down!
Because it's fun to tinker with stuff and see what the end result would be. I had the same exact thoughts as you, but then I saw TLR marked on the packages that these parts fit the SCT also. Mine went right on with zero mods needed. If I don't like the way the truck drives, I'll switch em back and have some extra parts for my 2.0 buggy.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Because it's fun to tinker with stuff and see what the end result would be. I had the same exact thoughts as you, but then I saw TLR marked on the packages that these parts fit the SCT also. Mine went right on with zero mods needed. If I don't like the way the truck drives, I'll switch em back and have some extra parts for my 2.0 buggy.
Yeah, it is fun to tinker. I do wonder how different the setup would have to be since the 22 2.0 setups are sooooo different from the 1.0.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.