Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? New to SCT what tire for loose outdoor

I THINK I'm Going to get a set of Holeshots M4.... front and rear.
Does this Truck turn well? should I get M3 for front> or some other Grouve tire. What combo do you guys use.? Picking your brain.... Track mostly loose Big outdoor . Tazer?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the input sapperc.. i have 0 degree castor blocks now and i plan on changing out tha steering rack too. this truck has a secret "Flair" button on it and i plan to find it. and when i do.....its gona put the Woooo in somebodys WOOOOOO!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Does this Truck turn well? should I get M3 for front> or some other Grouve tire. What combo do you guys use.? Picking your brain.... Track mostly loose Big outdoor . Tazer?
big track?
if your familiar with the 22 platform, you shouldn't need to ask if it has enough steering.
on my truck, I initially set the steering travel on my DX3C to 143% to get the spindles to bottom out on the castor blocks. I have since gone to around 125 to 130%; it was toooo much!, and I think if you teach yourself to use less of the steering, you can carry more speed through a corner, and maybe be a little smoother driver

Originally Posted by nomaak
Thanks for the input sapperc.. i have 0 degree castor blocks now and i plan on changing out tha steering rack too. this truck has a secret "Flair" button on it and i plan to find it. and when i do.....its gona put the Woooo in somebodys WOOOOOO!!!!
try caspers setup. works really well.

has anybody had the chance to test the 2mm trail spindles on their 22SCT?
is the 2mm trail more aggressive right? twitchy? More Steering??
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
big track?
if your familiar with the 22 platform, you shouldn't need to ask if it has enough steering.
on my truck, I initially set the steering travel on my DX3C to 143% to get the spindles to bottom out on the castor blocks. I have since gone to around 125 to 130%; it was toooo much!, and I think if you teach yourself to use less of the steering, you can carry more speed through a corner, and maybe be a little smoother driver

try caspers setup. works really well.

has anybody had the chance to test the 2mm trail spindles on their 22SCT?
is the 2mm trail more aggressive right? twitchy? More Steering??
Yes 2mm would give more turn in. Not exactly what most of us need with a SCT
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I broke a 4mm trailing spindle and had to put on a spare set of 2mm trailing so I could race the next day. The difference was massive. As Casper said, their is so much more turn in. It took me all day to get used to it, and in the end it made it a lot harder to drive.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I would recommend M3 for the front and M4 for the rear. The 22SCT does like a harder compound in the front on that type of track.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Has anyone experimented with running the chassis without the side pods in an effort to allow the chassis to flex a little more? I think I'm going to experiment with this for low grin loose outside 1/8 scale tracks.
I removed my side pods in an effort to reduce weight. I haven't seen any handling differences, but then again I'm still new. Give it a go, you can always put them back on.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I would recommend M3 for the front and M4 for the rear. The 22SCT does like a harder compound in the front on that type of track.
+1
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
+1
I have run M3 soft all around, works really well for me, but i am running 17.5 blinky
and for getting more life out the tires, soft is fine for me!

Originally Posted by CUU 22
I broke a 4mm trailing spindle and had to put on a spare set of 2mm trailing so I could race the next day. The difference was massive. As Casper said, their is so much more turn in. It took me all day to get used to it, and in the end it made it a lot harder to drive.
good to hear, my local hobby shop has a few sets of 2mm trail. I am going to give them a shot, see what I think of them.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just got mine today, gonna dive in and build this bad boy
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-image.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Is it just me or are Losi instructions confusing...... Ive built quite a few kits in my time, but this is my first losi
Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenMan32
Is it just me or are Losi instructions confusing...... Ive built quite a few kits in my time, but this is my first losi
I think they leave a little to be desired for sure. I also don't like how they mixed mid-motor steps in the middle of everything else. But.. once you put the kit together, you'll realize that it's actually pretty simple. I've taken my apart a number of times with no instructions since.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by metalnut
I think they leave a little to be desired for sure. I also don't like how they mixed mid-motor steps in the middle of everything else. But.. once you put the kit together, you'll realize that it's actually pretty simple. I've taken my apart a number of times with no instructions since.
Yeah I know what you mean
Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tires

Last year I ran M3 Tazer all around and like it. This year I have tried M4s in the rear and M3s in frt and am having some sucess with it. Have notice the M4s work a little better on the clay track I travel to.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone running the AE VTS slipper? Mods required?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.