Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I am slowly realizing the importance of the diff in a 2wd car as you guys continuously talk about it. I have spoken to you before on when to rebuild the diff Casper and you said that you don't time it and that you only redo it when it needs to be rebuilt. How do you know when it needs to be rebuilt? Is there a certain feel or a certain sound? Does the truck start to act differently?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I know that you are popular in R/C Casper and that you are probably very busy. But if you could I am sure rookies like myself would appreciate if you could make a video that demonstrates the best way to build/rebuild a differential on a 2wd so that we could learn the best way to do it. I am just throwing it out there. I am reading a lot that the diff can be the make it or break it difference of a 2wd rc car so it would be great us rookies could learn the proper ways to make your diff the best there is. Thank You
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Here you go buddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToj2yX76NU
Old 05-31-2013, 03:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good reading too

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/h...tml#post192449

^^^^^^
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just want to give a Big thanks to everyone in the thread that helps answer questions. It's a nice community here. Casper goes above and beyond in these forums.

Last edited by sanny632; 05-31-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sanny632
Just want to give. Big thanks to everyone in the thread that helps answer questions. It's a nice community here. Casper goes above and beyond in these forums.
+1 I will browse back through the pages to seek advice knowing that I am probably not the only one with the same question! Lots of good people on this thread!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

In digging through my stuff I found a sealed diff from my xxxsct will that fit in the 22 trans.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nope
Old 05-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ggthedouble
I know that you are popular in R/C Casper and that you are probably very busy. But if you could I am sure rookies like myself would appreciate if you could make a video that demonstrates the best way to build/rebuild a differential on a 2wd so that we could learn the best way to do it. I am just throwing it out there. I am reading a lot that the diff can be the make it or break it difference of a 2wd rc car so it would be great us rookies could learn the proper ways to make your diff the best there is. Thank You
I have plans to do this but need to round up a camera and get it done. In the mean time there are quite a few guys that have done great video's like the TLR Castellano video and others you cand find on youtube. There is a pretty good "diff" thread on here if you can find it as well. I have not looked for it in a while but it had some video's and great tips in it as well. Everyone has there own little tweaks on how to build a diff but at the end of the day most end up at the same place!

Just want to give a Big thanks to everyone in the thread that helps answer questions. It's a nice community here. Casper goes above and beyond in these forums.
Thanks!

In digging through my stuff I found a sealed diff from my xxxsct will that fit in the 22 trans.
No the outdrives take a different bearing size. They sell a complete gear diff for the 22 series.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA2954
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ggthedouble
I am slowly realizing the importance of the diff in a 2wd car as you guys continuously talk about it. I have spoken to you before on when to rebuild the diff Casper and you said that you don't time it and that you only redo it when it needs to be rebuilt. How do you know when it needs to be rebuilt? Is there a certain feel or a certain sound? Does the truck start to act differently?
The diff when you build it should be smooth when roating the outdrives back and forth in your hands. As the diff wears out it will start to feel notchy like there is a sand in your roller bearings. When it starts to feel all "crunchy" it is time to rebuild. You may notice some handeling changes but depends on the level of driver you are. Sounds.... Not unless the diff is set too loose and then it will "bark" and that is usually a sign the diff is DONE! They don't like to slip. Does that help?

Ordered the bfast

Casper are your rings similar to the losi ones that come mounted in a keeper along w the thrust washers w indentions
Yeah they are like the XXX thrust bearings they sell with the grooved washers and caged ball but the balls are ceramic (not sure if Bfast sells them this way?) and they are the right size for the TLR or AE diffs.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

+1000 For a dad who had no experience in rc my pit skills have had a hard time keeping up with my son's driving skills To all the TLR guys and all that contribute Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
For those of you that are running the upgrade thrust bearing. How are they holding up?

|
V
Thrust bearing has been holding up great, Casper.

I got an early sneak preview of the caged thrust bearing from Casper and have been running it since January - 1-2 times a week and have rebuilt my ball diff 4-5 times. The thrust bearing Casper sells holds up great. This is not something you need to replace every rebuild and It has withstood building the diff super-tight multiple times. Has not flatted or worn out the rings. Works good.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have experience w muchmore diff grease? My lhs won't have tlr in stock before next race.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Does anyone have experience w muchmore diff grease? My lhs won't have tlr in stock before next race.
I would get the AE clear grease if they have it.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Another thing about the diffs. I know that the manual calls for you to use black grease on the thrust bearing and clear diff lube on the main diff balls. Do you guys recommend anything different for the thrust bearings and diff balls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.