Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a question for you guys. I am really interested in another Losi RC to hang out with my SCB. What is the handling characteristics of a 4x4 compared to a 2WD SCT on a clay track or even a dirt track? Is it very noticeable? I am looking at the different Losi trucks and just curious what you 22 guys think. I am partial to 2WD but a 4x4 may be interesting to try out. I hope to find a 4x4 driver this weekend to ask what he thinks.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetBlast
I have a question for you guys. I am really interested in another Losi RC to hang out with my SCB. What is the handling characteristics of a 4x4 compared to a 2WD SCT on a clay track or even a dirt track? Is it very noticeable? I am looking at the different Losi trucks and just curious what you 22 guys think. I am partial to 2WD but a 4x4 may be interesting to try out. I hope to find a 4x4 driver this weekend to ask what he thinks.
The 22SCT has a bit different feel to it then the XXX-SCB. As for 4wd. These are a whole different beast. All wheel drive gives better overall traction and we tend to over power these things so that is fun as well. It will not handle like your 2wd at all as you can be a lot more agressive with the throttle inputs. The Losi TEN-SCTE or the TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 are both great trucks that handle great and have outstanding durability.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. I see you are a TLR driver. Can you get me a nice discount on a TLR truck? lol (sorry had to ask!)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks for the info. I see you are a TLR driver. Can you get me a nice discount on a TLR truck? lol (sorry had to ask!)
Yeah. No that unfortunately is not one of the things I can help with but I on the boards a lot to help you dial in what ever rig you go with! that service is free!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Yeah. No that unfortunately is not one of the things I can help with but I on the boards a lot to help you dial in what ever rig you go with! that service is free!
That works too! I have been tinkering with my SCB learning how to dial in suspension. I watched a Losi video on using a tin can as a tool to set up your camber and that is pretty awesome. Right now, I am trying to get my front end dialed right because i keep drifting right. Earlier, I was drifting left and I fixed it by changing my toe angle so I need to do the same on the other side. Do you have any "back yard" recommendations on how to set your toe equally for both sides?

I think once I learn everything on my SCB, I will be ready to buy a SCT kit for track mania!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

That works too! I have been tinkering with my SCB learning how to dial in suspension. I watched a Losi video on using a tin can as a tool to set up your camber and that is pretty awesome. Right now, I am trying to get my front end dialed right because i keep drifting right. Earlier, I was drifting left and I fixed it by changing my toe angle so I need to do the same on the other side. Do you have any "back yard" recommendations on how to set your toe equally for both sides?

I think once I learn everything on my SCB, I will be ready to buy a SCT kit for track mania!
First start off with both the left and right steering links the same length. then you adjust them equally until you get the toe in you want. There are some toos you can use but most adjust toe by "eye" Getting a turn buckle wrench really helps with this.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=TLR99102

If your car is not going straight there should be steering trim knobs on your radio to recenter the servo. You should not be adjusting the steering links to get the car to go straight. You manual will have section on the radio to help with that.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

I have the turnbuckle wrench from Losi and it is a time saver! I am having an issue with the ball cup on a link. It likes to pop out a lot. I ordered some RPM ones that were meant for the XXX series but it doesnt fit on the turnbuckle. I will order the heavy duty Losi ones instead.

I will do what you recommend in order to get the alignment straighten and I will learn how to set it up with the radio.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Prophet

I have the turnbuckle wrench from Losi and it is a time saver! I am having an issue with the ball cup on a link. It likes to pop out a lot. I ordered some RPM ones that were meant for the XXX series but it doesnt fit on the turnbuckle. I will order the heavy duty Losi ones instead.

I will do what you recommend in order to get the alignment straighten and I will learn how to set it up with the radio.
The SCB turnbuckles are a little bigger then what we normally ran on the losi stuff. A little extra effort to get it started and it will thread on. I recommend putting some black grease or chapstick or something like that on the threads before you start to help them thread on easier and makes it easier to adjust them in the future if you need to.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

The SCB turnbuckles are a little bigger then what we normally ran on the losi stuff. A little extra effort to get it started and it will thread on. I recommend putting some black grease or chapstick or something like that on the threads before you start to help them thread on easier and makes it easier to adjust them in the future if you need to.
What exactly is the diameter of the SCB turnbuckles? When i look at the diamter of the ball ends, they are just way too small to even start threading on to the turnbuckles.

I believe they are the wrong ones after i double checked them:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Ends-Black-12

Here are the Losi ones I will buy:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Rod-Ends-Balls
Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Prophet

What exactly is the diameter of the SCB turnbuckles? When i look at the diamter of the ball ends, they are just way too small to even start threading on to the turnbuckles.

I believe they are the wrong ones after i double checked them:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Ends-Black-12

Here are the Losi ones I will buy:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Rod-Ends-Balls
You can go with the Losi captured. I know guys have got them to work. I used losi super duty rods on mine.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSA6015

These are for a 4-40 thread as well. I used a body reamer to kind of open the beginning of the hole a little to get the first thread to bite and they went right on after that.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default New TLR 22 Platform Springs

Hey Guys,

We have some new springs for the TLR 22 platform that were announced yesterday on TLRacing.com. I wrote a little blog post with more info on the springs, but I did want to share that all of our travel team has been running the springs and are really happy with the performance gains. Also, they will be in stock and shipping by early next week!

The front spring rates likely won't be stiff enough for the 22SCT, but the rears will work for sure.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...-22-buggy.html

Let me know if you have any questions!
Frank
Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Interesting! I can always use more rear grip when running mod in my 22SCT.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Hey Guys,

We have some new springs for the TLR 22 platform that were announced yesterday on TLRacing.com. I wrote a little blog post with more info on the springs, but I did want to share that all of our travel team has been running the springs and are really happy with the performance gains. Also, they will be in stock and shipping by early next week!

The front spring rates likely won't be stiff enough for the 22SCT, but the rears will work for sure.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...-22-buggy.html

Let me know if you have any questions!
Frank
any plan for a truck front set like this????
how does the overall length of the new rear spring set compare to the Buggy Rear?
reason i ask is because so many of use are using the Buggy Yellow Rear and Buggy White Rear for our 22SCT. and i am using the Buggy Yellow Rear on both my 22T and 22SCT with a lot of success thus far.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can go with the Losi captured. I know guys have got them to work. I used losi super duty rods on mine.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSA6015

These are for a 4-40 thread as well. I used a body reamer to kind of open the beginning of the hole a little to get the first thread to bite and they went right on after that.
I use a drill and put black grease in the threads. I use a small vice and lightly hold the ball cup and run the turnbuckle in and out once or twice, then thread them on by hand. the only issue is you have label which rod ends are Left Hand thread and Rite Hand thread. sharpie to the rescue.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
any plan for a truck front set like this????
how does the overall length of the new rear spring set compare to the Buggy Rear?
reason i ask is because so many of use are using the Buggy Yellow Rear and Buggy White Rear for our 22SCT. and i am using the Buggy Yellow Rear on both my 22T and 22SCT with a lot of success thus far.
We will see on the truck fronts.

In the rear, the traditional Yellow TLR spring is 62.5mm, the new spring is 64.5mm, so it should work fine. Keep in mind that these rates a little softer though, so it maybe take more compression to reach the same ride height.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.