Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Guys have a weird problem, was out in front of the house testing a different motor and developed a weird clicking noise.
It happened after I power slid into the front lawn at full speed?? I have the motor/tranny out and it seems to spin smooth.
The stub axles were my first guess and they are fine. Don't know where else to look.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
ooohhh! doubling up huh?
I'm guessing Mod and Stock?
yeah,...well, since I have 2 brand new Traxxas VXL systems, I'm putting both of those in for now..
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ussprinceton
yeah,...well, since I have 2 brand new Traxxas VXL systems, I'm putting both of those in for now..
that ESc is fine, that motor uuummm, is bad. the rotor is 18.0mm let the slipper slip! i blew an idler gear with a VXL in my 22T a couple weeks ago. not fun. may want gear diff too.

Last edited by AndrewTom; 03-21-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Guys have a weird problem, was out in front of the house testing a different motor and developed a weird clicking noise.
It happened after I power slid into the front lawn at full speed?? I have the motor/tranny out and it seems to spin smooth.
The stub axles were my first guess and they are fine. Don't know where else to look.

Thanks
first check the spur, make sure all the teeth are there and there is no debris int the teeth.
if it could be a warped wheel, try to balance the wheel,
is the noise on corner exit?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

I figured it out, it was some crap in the cva joint. Cleaned, red locktight and lubed. Good to go now
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
I figured it out, it was some crap in the cva joint. Cleaned, red locktight and lubed. Good to go now
awesome. glad you got it figured out.
was it just gummed up in there?
Casper mentioned to assemble the CVA with loctite, then lube it once its built.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragula426
Got a pic of that ? or a link to where I can get one?
Got mine from an ebay store, Bizzare Hobbies. Just do a search on ebay.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Could someone help me with a setup question. What does raising/lowering the front camberlink ballstud do? The setup calls for 3mm but if I lower it, what effect does that have? Also what does unscrewing the front shock eyelets do?
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

awesome. glad you got it figured out.
was it just gummed up in there?
Casper mentioned to assemble the CVA with loctite, then lube it once its built.
I read that and that is what I did, thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:31 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbracn
Could someone help me with a setup question. What does raising/lowering the front camberlink ballstud do? The setup calls for 3mm but if I lower it, what effect does that have? Also what does unscrewing the front shock eyelets do?
More spacers reduces camber gain and makes the front end "stiffer" to roll and vice-versa. Depending how your truck works currently, that could increase or decrease front end grip.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

i put RED loctite on my CVA's or any driveshaft.
Originally Posted by Casper
One trick is to spray out the coupler and the set screw with motor spray to clean these two parts and install it try (no black grease) and loctite it then. Then applly black grease to the joint after the set screw is set through the groove in the bone. Sometimes oils on the parts can keep the thread lock from holding properly.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will do a clean rebuild and go from there. I'm a little wary of red loctite, but by the end of the night I was ready to glue them in there so I will try the red
Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dbracn
+1 to what frank said.
I think raising (adding more shims) decreases front grip, and helps keep the front end level. works best for High Bite tracks.
lowering (removing shims) increases front grip, but in turn yields more body roll, usually better for low grip tracks.
I may have switched those, someone may need to double check.

unscrewing the eyelets adds more droop. its basically removing internal limiters from the shocks, but obviously its external and you don't need to disassemble the shocks.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

more on power, sorry, I should have been more specific.
the truck mainly pushed on an off camber corner and a drop off then turn left to the line, that was it.
but i think that was mainly due to tire choice (enduros) I think I will run the Blockades, I think they were better for this track.
rear traction is good, I have tried soft and super soft, both work really well. only when its a loose top layer (practicing, or on race days nobody wants to sweep the track ) could I tell a difference. a lot of guys are running only soft compound all around.
Just going to state the obvious. The car will push on an off camber corner. The fast way around those is to go slow and then the car roll around the edge. Just about any power you give will make it push. The drop off then left. Not sure what exactly that means but ask yourself is fixing these two corners that sound more like getting around obsticles worth sacrificing performance around the rest of the track?

More on power steering. You can move the hubs back, stiffer front spring, There are a few other things you can try but like I said it may effect the rest of the track.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Just going to state the obvious. The car will push on an off camber corner. The fast way around those is to go slow and then the car roll around the edge. Just about any power you give will make it push. The drop off then left. Not sure what exactly that means but ask yourself is fixing these two corners that sound more like getting around obsticles worth sacrificing performance around the rest of the track?

More on power steering. You can move the hubs back, stiffer front spring, There are a few other things you can try but like I said it may effect the rest of the track.
ok, thanks for the advice. I need to get out and practice more. I will definitely do some tuning next time i get out.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

...here is a video showing my brother running one of our 2 new TLR 22SCT kits. I wish we had a third person to record the video for us, so that you all can see both kits racing at the same time. In this video, we are just using a Traxxas 3000mAh NiMh battery for testing purposes. We wanted to make sure the ball diff was not "barking" after the kits were freshly built. We are doing some changes to the track, so after these few videos, it will have a longer straight, as well as having higher/bigger jumps. But, here is the vid before the changes to the race track.

VID00035 - YouTube

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.