Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroburnt
First weekend with gear diff I had the fastest lap of the night (including buggy). I used a Losi gear diff. Not sure if the Assoc would fit. I have always liked Assoc ball diffs. They are much less finicky. Build with the good parts, tighten, back off 1/8 turn, run for about a month. Got a 22 last winter. Ball diff really needs rebuilt every week or two. -Not knocking Losi, I sold all my Assoc stuff and am now running the 22sct -loving it! It does everything very well! I am curious what Associated's next generation of buggy will be like. They've had a year to check out the Losi and Durango... (sorry, off topic) -back to the 22sct -did I mention I'm liking it?
So what oil weight did you use? Im running 7k on my sct and love it.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroburnt
First weekend with gear diff I had the fastest lap of the night (including buggy). I used a Losi gear diff. Not sure if the Assoc would fit. I have always liked Assoc ball diffs. They are much less finicky. Build with the good parts, tighten, back off 1/8 turn, run for about a month. Got a 22 last winter. Ball diff really needs rebuilt every week or two. -Not knocking Losi, I sold all my Assoc stuff and am now running the 22sct -loving it! It does everything very well! I am curious what Associated's next generation of buggy will be like. They've had a year to check out the Losi and Durango... (sorry, off topic) -back to the 22sct -did I mention I'm liking it?
Sounds good,
Track conditions?
What oil?
Might go to a gear dif too
Old 11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Sounds good,
Track conditions?
What oil?
Im curious to know as well.

From what I can read, the Lower Viscosity Oils are good for your really loose or low traction conditions. They provide more grip but less "On" power stability.

Where are the High Viscosity oils provide less grip but more on power stability. So better suited to High Traction conditions.

However given that 2WD's tend to be very tail happy, Im thinking maybe 5K for my loose condition track.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, here's my exploded thrust washer.

The outermost washer disintegrated. The inner one was still OK. This is the first I've had the diff apart since I built it when te truck was released and ran it 1-2 times per week since. The diff itself was in very good condition - smooth and clean on the inside.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caguilar4
So what oil weight did you use? Im running 7k on my sct and love it.
Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Sounds good,
Track conditions?
What oil?
Originally Posted by Cloaked
Im curious to know as well.

From what I can read, the Lower Viscosity Oils are good for your really loose or low traction conditions. They provide more grip but less "On" power stability.

Where are the High Viscosity oils provide less grip but more on power stability. So better suited to High Traction conditions.

However given that 2WD's tend to be very tail happy, Im thinking maybe 5K for my loose condition track.
I filled it about 1/2 way with Losi black grease. The gear diff really isn't sealed well enough to fill with silicone fluids (IMHO). After running for just a little while the grease will "break in" and feel a little lighter, then stay the same until you service it. I like the diff "feel" to be consistant so I can tune other things for whatever it needs.
The track I've been running on lately is a pretty tight, med /high traction, hard packed dirt. Lots of 180s, some banked, and a high speed 90*. Not perfectly smooth. If not watered frequently, get dusty pretty quickly. So -pretty wide variety on conditions.
Truck Holeshots GREAT. I like a consistant feeling, bulletproof diff, so I can lay down the power when needed. Now, if we can fix the idlers...

Hope this helps. BTW, I havn't met anyone yet that switched back to the ball diff. And I certainly can't drive well enough to tell the ...diff?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Well the Viper Powered Mid Motor Setup 22SCT worked out real good on Friday Night!!! Ran it is the Stock 17.5 Class. Usaully has the best turnout @ the track and the top racers. 16 cars showed up only 6 go to the main. I missed the main by 3 seconds. I usually tail the B-Main after qualifying. I basically threw the truck on the track. I just had got there cause of work. "CARPET OFF-ROAD" So the warm-up lap was my practice. The track is dominated by Associated, Traxxas, and Kyosho. The Kyosho driver is a Team Driver. It is me and one other Losi. Our Triple X's were getting spanked. I will tune and run one more time then I will post my setup. Also gonna be running it on a high bite clay track soon also.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk

The outermost washer disintegrated. The inner one was still OK. This is the first I've had the diff apart since I built it when te truck was released and ran it 1-2 times per week since. The diff itself was in very good condition - smooth and clean on the inside.
Same thing happened on my 22T, but I didn't have any parts as big as you did, my outer washer disintegrated even worse! But on the SCT mine is still going on the original thrust washers *knock on wood*
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

does anyone know about this diff and slipper video, mentioned by alex @ 7.25 in ths video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=XLpiIH4RcuU#!

i did find the video myself. here it is if your intrested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToj2...feature=relmfu

Last edited by subaru_tech; 11-26-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

i just got my 22sct put together. im going to be running a tekin rs with a tekin redline 8.5 first gen one. what is a good gearing setup for this setup on a larger outdoor track. i was thinking 18/86.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by christmaxx
i just got my 22sct put together. im going to be running a tekin rs with a tekin redline 8.5 first gen one. what is a good gearing setup for this setup on a larger outdoor track. i was thinking 18/86.
That should be a good starting point!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys what would be the best starting setup for a high bite small indoor carpet track. Will be running 17.5 blinky. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

2nd race on my new 22SCT and all I can say is wow this thing is crazy. I have so much traction I can traction roll on the end of the straights. Only changes from last time I ran was rear sway bar and went to D camber link position on the rear hub. Still need the front sway bar yet to complete my setup along with the rear brass weight but it was still another .13 faster than last time I ran and about 5 seconds faster overall. Truck is awesome.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

TRIAD garodisc now available for pre-order with a discount!
http://www.rcshox.com/triad-garodisc/
Old 11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up Setup!!!

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys what would be the best starting setup for a high bite small indoor carpet track. Will be running 17.5 blinky. Thanks.
I'm running a Viper VTX10 w/ a 17.5 on a small high bite carpet track in Pa!!! LOL!!! I think the other side of the state tho. I started with 24/76 in mid motor. Ended up ending with 22/76... The truck could really take the sharp turns with the mid-motor setup. I was cutting inside of alot of trucks in my Qualifiers and Main. I have my full setup I can send to you!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk

Did it get too hot? not enough/too much lube?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.