Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by travymoto11
Anyone running a Reedy 17.5? What are you gearing it at?
I Love the Sonic 17.5 Motor.. 26\76 is a good starting point like was said above.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I havea tekin rs that I'm trying keyword trying) to install on my sons 22sct. I know it's wired right with the motor A to A,B to B, C to C. But when I hit to throttle on the control it goes in reverse, and when I hit reversed on the controller it goes forward but it's jumpy. He has a fly sky gt3b radio and I thought maybe there was a setting to flop the fowrad and reverse but there isn't. And I don't have a Hotwire to mess with the settings, does anyone have any imput non what I'm doing wrong.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRay313
I havea tekin rs that I'm trying keyword trying) to install on my sons 22sct. I know it's wired right with the motor A to A,B to B, C to C. But when I hit to throttle on the control it goes in reverse, and when I hit reversed on the controller it goes forward but it's jumpy. He has a fly sky gt3b radio and I thought maybe there was a setting to flop the fowrad and reverse but there isn't. And I don't have a Hotwire to mess with the settings, does anyone have any imput non what I'm doing wrong.
Did you program the ESC to the radio per the instructions with the ESC? There should be a servo reverse function on the radio as well. If reprogramming does not work you should this setting and reverse it.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
Did you program the ESC to the radio per the instructions with the ESC? There should be a servo reverse function on the radio as well. If reprogramming does not work you should this setting and reverse it.
Yes I did.the servo was reversed to, but there's a setting on the radio to reverse it. So that works. I just can't figure out the forward / reverse
Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes I did.the servo was reversed to, but there's a setting on the radio to reverse it. So that works. I just can't figure out the forward / reverse
The ESC has to be calibrated to the radio. You can't just plug it in and go like a servo. The instructions for the ESC will walk you through it.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
what bars to start out with in the street?
What kind of streets are you running on? For Cul de sacs, I ran only the rear sway bar (the middle size, yellow?) so I could get more steering for tight, continual circles. I ran 50 circles in about 3 minutes and got so dizzy I almost fell down. LOL We moved to a freshly paved street the next neighborhood over, and I went with the heaviest sway in the front and lightest in the rear and found the truck would really plant well on high speed turns from the street entering my friends driveway.

Anyway, let us know what asphalt you're running on... new or old. And if it's had sealer put on it makes it a little slicker so you could go lighter in the rear to get more push, or lighter in the front to lock in the rear some.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm
What kind of streets are you running on? For Cul de sacs, I ran only the rear sway bar (the middle size, yellow?) so I could get more steering for tight, continual circles. I ran 50 circles in about 3 minutes and got so dizzy I almost fell down. LOL We moved to a freshly paved street the next neighborhood over, and I went with the heaviest sway in the front and lightest in the rear and found the truck would really plant well on high speed turns from the street entering my friends driveway.

Anyway, let us know what asphalt you're running on... new or old. And if it's had sealer put on it makes it a little slicker so you could go lighter in the rear to get more push, or lighter in the front to lock in the rear some.
the street out front of my house
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

What effect does the HRC have over the LRC toe blocks? Thanks
Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Switch to channel 2 in the REV menu and there it's the same as you did for the steering.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well finally ran into the dreaded ball cup issue. And it was AFTER I put the updated ball cups. WTH, it caused me the main. Oh well I guess thats part of the game. Still had fun
Old 11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default thank you casper

Casper, i tried your set up and i have to say my truck never was better. thanks again for posting that set up.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc23
Casper, i tried your set up and i have to say my truck never was better. thanks again for posting that set up.
Glad you liked it.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

hey my bars has not got here its in the mail they got them on the 8th
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foxracing2006
thanks for your opinions i will think about it and get back.

thought i mind as well post a picture
What blue is that on the roll bars and fenders?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ran my truck 17.5 for the first time today and took TQ (fell apart in the main though so...)

Anyway - just continually amazed how well this truck drives. Such a pleasure to wheel it around the track. Point and shoot acceleration. Hooks up like gangbusters. Love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.