Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
One you guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying on the beadlock style rims..I'm NOT talking about the Proline ones with the metal rings..it's a one peice rim..the local tracks have made rules that this is the only style of rim legal in the SCT classes..NOT my choice! Two..I've been racing a very long time (since 85)..so I do understand about tires..set ups..etc
Honestly, I think you're making us even more confused now. Nobody mentioned anything about the Proline style beadlocks. The stock wheels are one piece rims with holes in them that allow you to attach fake beadlock rings or the included "Dish" inserts if you chose. Are you trying to say that your track(s) are requiring you to use multiple piece Beadlocks? Or are you trying to say that your local tracks are requiring Shortcourse rims on Shortcourse trucks ie. no 1/8th scale wheels and tires or "Dish" styled rims? Anyway you slice it, if your track doesn't allow for "Dish" style rims, simply don't use the inserts and choose to use the supplied Beadlock Rings instead. The actual wheels are 2.2/3.0 Shortcourse wheels and they will be approved for use at ANY track that I'm aware of. What tracks do you run at?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am sure most people dont really care that it does not come with tires. I agree that the box tires normally blow. But.... For the current listed selling price, it seems there should be tires. This price point puts the Losi as one of the most expensive trucks in its class. I dont think anyone here can argue that the truck looks very sexy. Hopefully, the price will drop a little at release.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Anyway you slice it, if your track doesn't allow for "Dish" style rims, simply don't use the inserts and choose to use the supplied Beadlock Rings instead.
Or don't even use the rings. Those rings may look good on a picture but what use do they have beyond adding unsprung rotating mass?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Or are you trying to say that your local tracks are requiring Shortcourse rims on Shortcourse trucks ie. no 1/8th scale wheels and tires or "Dish" styled rims? Anyway you slice it, if your track doesn't allow for "Dish" style rims, simply don't use the inserts and choose to use the supplied Beadlock Rings instead. The actual wheels are 2.2/3.0 Shortcourse wheels and they will be approved for use at ANY track that I'm aware of. What tracks do you run at?
That's all I was sayin..so for me the dish inserts are a waist..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hook me up on the $15 a set..that's tires that will actually work..my local shop sells them (AKA) for $30 a set that's 2 tires) so we're up to $65 for 4 (tax) without rims..and don't forget the tire glue..so for 2 full sets your looking at $130..we all race & buy tires so we all know your not buying 2 full sets for $60....it is what it is..plus I've already pre ordered mine..
Gold bar codes....maybe some AKA's..
You're paying $65 for four tires? Ok, here's a pair for $15.99 from AMain hobbies. And they are in your preferred tire choice. Gold Bar Code.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Tires-Gold-2

I apologize. I was off by a whopping $2 for the set. So instead of the quoted $30, it'll be $31.98.

You can order all 8 tires you'll get free shipping and they'll appear at your door in 3-5 days.

Anything else I can do for you? Or are you going to continue to pick nits with all your experience and racing history?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by godofcable
heres what i run at my track...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKA-1-10-Gri...item35be65c867

i picked ebay because its neutral. can get those at a slightly better price if you look.

for two sets of those i'll be paying $80. if they included tires, i would have to buy wheels too. so the fact that they didnt saves me that cash
How do you figure $80? They were $19.99 plus $5.99 shipping..that's $25.98 for 2..from A main their $29 plus tax & shipping..I know it's nit-picking but its not $80..it is what it is..tires cost $ no need to down play what were spending..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by goehm
You're paying $65 for four tires? Ok, here's a pair for $15.99 from AMain hobbies. And they are in your preferred tire choice. Gold Bar Code.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Tires-Gold-2

I apologize. I was off by a whopping $2 for the set. So instead of the quoted $30, it'll be $31.98.

You can order all 8 tires you'll get free shipping and they'll appear at your door in 3-5 days.

Anything else I can do for you? Or are you going to continue to pick nits with all your experience and racing history?
Yeah.. I can think of a few things you could do for me..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't know why so cheap (I know it's expensive..but..) MAP IS $369..so dealer cost is going to be in the neighbourhood of of $280..that's based on 20% mark up..And some of you guys are forgetting that it comes with 2 full sets of tires, body that works, and it looks like it has most of the hop ups right up front, comes with 2 different springs (soft & firms) it's all in the details..I'll pay extra for it..anyone want to buy a AE SC10 FT...
tlr is actually doing us a favor by doing that. Instead of giving us tires that may or may not work at the track that you go to, they give us the choice of tires to make sure that we get tires that work on the rack. Also, the try m comes with beadlock looking tings that you can pop onto the time just like the dishes.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah.. I can think of a few things you could do for me..
Hey let's keep this G-rated!!!

Ok guys back on track (no pun intended), let's talk TLR 22SCT and about what we're looking forward to about it. I know there's some sticker shock, but let's get passed that now. As we all know, prices will come down a little and let's not forget, we're getting a truck that's capable of running in two different motor configurations which adds to the cost. Speaking of motor configurations, who's gonna try Mid-motor? I think it may work very well on indoor high-bite clay tracks.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does this kit come with tires I'll never use or rims I definitely will?

Oh, ok. Let's get back to other topics please. With all due respect Oasis, I've seen you doing this kind of thing on other losi/tlr product boards. We now have 2 pages full of it. Let's move on, please and thank you sir.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

If you don't like it and think it is too expensive don't buy it

I had to second look the price but it is worth it to have a new design in the sc class
Losipartshouse says 8/17 is ETA
Where can I get one sooner
Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default not including tires in the price

there are several tires I can think of that work at many tracks (although losi has only a few tire choices, how about the losi ultra digits.) the reason to not include tires is to increase profit on each kit. If you included tires, you couldn't price the truck over $400 (after discounts) and have people accept that. So you price it at $360 and keep the cost of the tires. this is the same thing as the durango desc410v2 not including a body because they say it saves shipping cost. Who is saving the shipping cost? This is a simple way to incrementally increase the cost of r/c to get the most profit out. Another simple question: if the 22t is $279 with 2 bodies, why is the 22sct $359 with 1 body (even if you add $20 for the better diff balls, and another $15 for the bumpers, there is still a $50 difference) I am not complaining about the price, I am simply trying to show that off road kits are going the way of the 4wd sedan. Soon, all of the racing 2wd sct kits will be over $300, and the 4wd kits will be over $400.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speaking of motor conFfigurations, who's gonna try Mid-motor? I think it may work very well on indoor high-bite clay tracks.
Mid motor is just flat out sexy on a short course truck. I really want it to work.

I notice the mid motor ESC mounting options are a little different on the 22SCT than the 22 and 22T. It looks like because of the style of brace you're forced to mount the ESC up front. Not sure if this is ideal.

My initial plan is to buy 2 kits and build one Of each. Once I establish which is the clear winner I'll use the 2nd for spares!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I am thinking about getting one but it won't be right away as I have other priorities, can't wait to see how well they perform on the track, I mean the actual tlr version, I've seen the conversions and those perform pretty well from what I've seen
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
Another simple question: if the 22t is $279 with 2 bodies, why is the 22sct $359 with 1 body (even if you add $20 for the better diff balls, and another $15 for the bumpers, there is still a $50 difference)
One upgraded item is this style of cap:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hock-Cap-Set-2

There's $32 in shock caps. Granted, swapping out the normal alu caps with a whole for the threaded bleeder style wouldn't incur the full cost, but it is another really nice upgrade over what's found in the 22/22T.

I'm really looking forward to those shocks on my truck. I have them on my SCTE and they're fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.