Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Uh.... The X Factory SC10 conversion is probably the most popular mid motor SCT - driven by The Dirtinator himself - and the Durango DEXSC210R has hit the track as well.

And of course the Venom Gambler - but I don't think that one sold very well.
My apologies, indeed! I retract my previous statement then! lol
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
My apologies, indeed! I retract my previous statement then! lol
Put $1 in the "Sorry" jar!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

its on a ups truck time to go fine it
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Very cool. Warning, be careful track use is ADDICTING!

I couldn't find them on their own, only with the collars. Maybe one of the TLR guys can give a part number. Here it is with the collars, cheap but would be nice if you could get them cheaper without the collars http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...djuster/Detail

Thanks bud, Front Page material right there! It's goin up.

Good to see that you're giving the truck a second chance! Just be patient, I think the potential of this truck is very high. Glad you're still with us.
I picked up another SC10 yesterday so I am actually still selling it. Im putting a Teken RS system in it and selling it as RTR. Ill buy another one in a couple of months most likely though.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
They're all 2.43:1 internal gear ratio for standard (rear) configuration. Though, I don't know if you convert to a mid-motor if that changes the ratio (since you add another idler gear).
Gear ratio is the same with 1 or 2 idler gears.

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So are the o-ring that go in the pre-load collars availabel seperate. Mine got torn. I am using the ones form my 22T for the time being, but I need to replace them and dont want to buy the collars if I dont have to.
It is not available separate, as we have not seen one fail before. These should last as long as the shock bodies do .
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

what tires do i need for the in door track?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...ve-oregon.html
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have found a decent bit of success with the mid motor on a low-mid bite track using rear mounted weights. Lets call it MM and RMW so I don't set off the redundant meter.

Here are a few (low-mid bite track) points I recordered...
PL Holeshot 2.0 M3's, RSpro, 10.5 Red Line timed on zero, 22 tooth pinion, local park low-mid track.

1. MM w/RMW handles way different than a rear motor with extra weight up front.
2. MM w/RMW has better steering out of the corner and I can come on full power just almost as quick as the rear motor setup without breaking traction.
3. MM w/RMW is faster on large sweeps but it has no mercy for throttle blips coming out.

Not much but its a few cents worth.

I don't want to tell the weight because I think some may just focus on that and beat it up. These are just a few of my notes I think may help someone. Also I'm a xxx-bk2 2wd buggy guy just now dabbling in the 2wd SCT.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Schumacher pins and spikes
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Got a question i need help. I am putting my tlr sct together and broke the long screw that hold the ball diff together it snaped like nothing i seen, Got one ordered but want be here till monday and i am racing saturday, so this said i have a xxxsct that I have a Tlr kit for it, the ball diff it that kit is it the same as the tlr sct one. I just need it to get me through this weekend. thanks for any help.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmackhurry
I have found a decent bit of success with the mid motor on a low-mid bite track using rear mounted weights. Lets call it MM and RMW so I don't set off the redundant meter.

Here are a few (low-mid bite track) points I recordered...
PL Holeshot 2.0 M3's, RSpro, 10.5 Red Line timed on zero, 22 tooth pinion, local park low-mid track.

1. MM w/RMW handles way different than a rear motor with extra weight up front.
2. MM w/RMW has better steering out of the corner and I can come on full power just almost as quick as the rear motor setup without breaking traction.
3. MM w/RMW is faster on large sweeps but it has no mercy for throttle blips coming out.

Not much but its a few cents worth.

I don't want to tell the weight because I think some may just focus on that and beat it up. These are just a few of my notes I think may help someone. Also I'm a xxx-bk2 2wd buggy guy just now dabbling in the 2wd SCT.

When you set yours up did you mount your ESC in-front of the battery? Also are you using a shorty battery? On mine I mounted my esc in the front, ran a regular battery, and mounted the receiver on the servo. Then I added a little weight to the rear and changed shock oils, then put on AKA Enduro's on it. It was pretty good. Then I moved the esc to the rear and tried it. Truck stays pretty planted mid motor as long as there is not too much weigh up front.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by btown
Got a question i need help. I am putting my tlr sct together and broke the long screw that hold the ball diff together it snaped like nothing i seen, Got one ordered but want be here till monday and i am racing saturday, so this said i have a xxxsct that I have a Tlr kit for it, the ball diff it that kit is it the same as the tlr sct one. I just need it to get me through this weekend. thanks for any help.
Unfortunately they're not the same. I don't know if they have similar screw lengths, maybe someone else here can chime in if the they are similar in length. If you can't get to a hobby shop before then, go to a hardware store that has a good fastener selection and you probably might be able to find the right sized screw. I've gone to Ace hardware stores and found screws in a pinch that work.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC-1
When you set yours up did you mount your ESC in-front of the battery? Also are you using a shorty battery? On mine I mounted my esc in the front, ran a regular battery, and mounted the receiver on the servo. Then I added a little weight to the rear and changed shock oils, then put on AKA Enduro's on it. It was pretty good. Then I moved the esc to the rear and tried it. Truck stays pretty planted mid motor as long as there is not too much weigh up front.
Yes, I run the two shorty packs with the esc up front. I tried the full battery and just had less control in the air. Just my prefference :-)
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by btown
The xxx won't fit. Go to your lhs and see if they have one for a assoc. 4.1 series ball diff. I've only seen pics but they look to be close to the same. If not your going to have to wait or get a gear diff if they have one.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

My boy is 10 yrs old and has been racing a xxx sct for a year. Got his new 22 sct together,it was my first kit and i must say it went together very well. I put a 17.5 in the 22 sct and a 17.5 in the xxx sct he ran stock in one and mod in the other after the 2nd round I saw enough the 22 sct is an awsome truck he was about 2/3 of a lap quicker in a 5 min race 1 to 1.5 sec per lap. 3rd round he ran the 22 in mod and went from 6th to 3rd in qual finished 4th in the a main with a 17.5 blinky(TEKIN) Won stock sc a main by 16 sec. Kit set up on a med bite outdoor track, truck seemed very planted had a little front push on a high speed sweeper but all in all the truck was awesome, my boy said it best after his first run"that truck is bad" nice job TLR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.