Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joho View Post
Hi Tekno, first of all, thank you for making such a nice car! It was nice to build and the attention on details simply told us this car is design with heart! Did I mention the shocks were amazing? I think it will be even better if later on you can offer some machined pistons as option and that will be even better!

Will love to ask for some gear opinion. I will be running for a race which is held in the Pattaya track, aka the 2011 WC venue and I will be running the Tekin 1900kv or 2050kv on 4s. Since I do not have any experience running the EB 48, can you please give me some gear suggestion?

Thank you very much for your help!
I'm not an expert, but I'm going to give this one a shot, somebody else please comment as well.

Based on the track layout I found on youtube, it looks like there's a bunch of short runup areas and off camber turns making you slow down with only the straight allowing for a wide open run. As a result, I would think power to be more important than ultimate top speed (provided you can make the tires stick to use it), so I'd probably start with a 17t pinion when using those motors, though 18 would probably also be ok with a bit more top end (I plan on 18 at my local track).
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Will anyone be racing this new EB48 at the electric Nats??
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
I'm not an expert, but I'm going to give this one a shot, somebody else please comment as well.

Based on the track layout I found on youtube, it looks like there's a bunch of short runup areas and off camber turns making you slow down with only the straight allowing for a wide open run. As a result, I would think power to be more important than ultimate top speed (provided you can make the tires stick to use it), so I'd probably start with a 17t pinion when using those motors, though 18 would probably also be ok with a bit more top end (I plan on 18 at my local track).
Agreed, start with 17 and go up from there if you need straight away speed. You could also keep the 17 and dial in a little progressive timing (not sure what they call it on the Tekin).

Joho, glad the build went well for you!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier View Post
I would imagine Austin Blair should be running a EB48 next week when the do 8thscale and SC. Right Danny?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier View Post
Austin Blair will be there racing it as well as several intermediate/expert drivers.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mine should be on its way to the lhs. I've got a couple more questions

is the mechanical brake set up available yet?

what is the f/r diff ratio, so I can plug numbers into a speed calculater

what most people running as far as center and rear brace options. I'm thinking starting with just the rear.

I saw the manual diff oils are 5/7/3, what calls thought on 773 or 553 these are what I'm used too.

what are the stock springs like, soft/med/hard.

I think that's all. just going to work on a base setup. can't wait to try it out and for next year. this will be my first 1/8 that isn't second hand. this year was a bad racing year. I pretty much finished last at all major races due to lack of wheel time due to a new job in oil drilling. hopefully the new buggy and purchase of vrc (to practice at work) will make 2013 a good year.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
Agreed, start with 17 and go up from there if you need straight away speed. You could also keep the 17 and dial in a little progressive timing (not sure what they call it on the Tekin).

Joho, glad the build went well for you!
Maybe a 16t for a 2250kv? Same here I'll be using it for the Norcal track. I finished my build last night. All electrics are in except for the used motor[Tekin 2250kv] I'm expecting tomorrow. I only have a 16t for the meantime. Hoping thats a good start. Excellent kit. It was pleasure to build. Got some spoke wheelset like the old Kyosho Kanai and all set to rip once the track[Norcal] is finished redesigning their 8th scale track
Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sipaboy View Post
Maybe a 16t for a 2250kv? Same here I'll be using it for the Norcal track. I finished my build last night. All electrics are in except for the used motor[Tekin 2250kv] I'm expecting tomorrow. I only have a 16t for the meantime. Hoping thats a good start. Excellent kit. It was pleasure to build. Got some spoke wheelset like the old Kyosho Kanai and all set to rip once the track[Norcal] is finished redesigning their 8th scale track
15 or 16 will be good for NorCal. I'd lean toward the 15.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aggie4231 View Post

what most people running as far as center and rear brace options. I'm thinking starting with just the rear.

I saw the manual diff oils are 5/7/3, what calls thought on 773 or 553 these are what I'm used too.

I think that's all. just going to work on a base setup. can't wait to try it out and for next year. this will be my first 1/8 that isn't second hand. this year was a bad racing year. I pretty much finished last at all major races due to lack of wheel time due to a new job in oil drilling. hopefully the new buggy and purchase of vrc (to practice at work) will make 2013 a good year.
F/R diff ratio: 4
Old 08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aggie4231 View Post

Mechanical brake set up should be available soon. Keep checking the site for info.

You really need to run the front brace. Not running the other two is a good place to start. Add from there.

Stock springs are in the med range. We offer lighter and harder option sets.

We will be posting a filled in set-up sheet with a great indoor set-up on it after the nats. It will be great for most indoor clay tracks - stay tuned.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks.

I run mostly on a rough dusty/loose track here in Texas. not too many smooth tracks over here.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'll make sure we post one for both conditions
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

not sure if I missed it but I didn't see a baseline for ride height in the manual. I am also running at Norcal, hopefully this weekend I put a 17 in with my Tekin 2050, have to see what it does...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ryno726 View Post
not sure if I missed it but I didn't see a baseline for ride height in the manual. I am also running at Norcal, hopefully this weekend I put a 17 in with my Tekin 2050, have to see what it does...
28mm rear, 26mm front is a good starting point. From there, if you need more steering -> raise the rear or lower the front. If you need more traction -> raise the front or lower the rear.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Mas pic boys!

Please, and thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.