Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Curtis Door
Glad I can help

The front of my car is really stiff with that setup just to calm it down. There isn't a huge amount of weight transfer to the rear with this car. I've been think of ways to move the battery farther back. No, I haven't tried that position. I would think that it would make it very unstable
I just started running 2 shoerty packs in my car and i push them to the rear of the battery tray. It didnt really put more weight back but did take weight off of the nose. Plus i dropped an instant 200 grams. I picked up a couple tenths per lap and consistent run time improvement. They are 4000 mAh packs and I have no problems lasting a 10 minute main. Worth a shot. I did need to go lighter on spring and oil though from the jenny craig diet the car took on.

I tried the inner holes on the arms and you are spot on. It made the shocks super soft throughout suspension throw and made the car unstable. Drivable but not very good.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jakeinaz
Everyone its here first company to make an eb48 aftermarket body!
I sent mine out for painting last week. I should have it back soon.I will let you know how it fits up. Body looks good though. I like it.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Not sure what the problem was but even with 1.3x8s the car was still bottoming out hard enough to pop the front end back up this weekend. That was with 35/30 oils. Admittedly it was at a big track (Cape Fear), and it was with X-ray pistons. I had to go to 1.1x10s and up to 45/40 to compensate. I think I may just go back to stock. Seems to suit the bigger stuff better. Although the X-rays were traditional pistons that may explain it?!?
I think stock pistons are 10x1.1. At least those were in my kit, a later version than your kit I believe.
I was just thinking of buying the 8x1.3 to get more pack. We were having the same problem, so maybe I won't get them.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

1.3x8 450/350 CST is real stiff and has a lot of pack. The car doesn't bottom out after 3' drop. If you guys want more pack, as I stated earlier, the serpent bladders help a lot too.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
So only my second race with the EB48 this weekend, and it was a big race. The track was super dry (18 x 3 qualifiers + main, without wetting the track, just blowing it off). I absolutely like a little slide to the rear of my ride so I can power slide/drift around the corners, but it was a bit out of control this weekend. Going from my truggy which is completely dialed to my EB48, it felt like I was running on ice. The back end was sliding everywhere. The surface was very dry, bumpy, and hard packed, but with layers of dust depending on the area (dry dirt/clay, no where near blue groove).

I know this might be the issue (tires), but let me give you an idea of what I tried from big to small
Calibers
Impact
Sniper
Holeshots
Hybrids

I'm running the Austin Blair 02.28.2013 setup with stock pistols (have the 1.3x8 tekno I can try) with the kyosho light blue front orange rear.

Forward bite with the calibers was just amazing. I was turning what all nitro 1/8, truggy, and most 1/8e use as a double double into a tripple single or even single... but the second I got just a little too much steering on the corner that back was coming around and spinning out. It made for some cheering and yelling for high flying in the A main, but too many spin outs landed me only towards the middle of the pack instead of in the top four like I wanted.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by streetsports
I like I beams, crime fighters and enduros. Soft in the summer and super soft in the winter...the I beams are my favorite, then the enduros and finally the crime fighters.

my buggy is lite weight but so far I really like 10x1.3 with 32.5r/37.5f...call me crazy but its nice. 5x1.1+5x1.2 with 27.5r/32.5f was like a brick and 5x1.2+5x1.3 was still stiff...but again, my buggy is a little over 6lbs...also I could care less about bottoming out on jumps so I tune my shocks for the rest of the track. 2 much pack or stiff shocks on a bumpy outdoor track = crap imo
Thanks streetsports. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Don't see how someone thinks the 8/1.3(10.62mm˛) pistons have more pack than 10/1.1 (9.5mm˛) .
Also the stock pistons r coned seems like would make it have more pack .what am I missing
Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When I built my kit I was reading all the info on here about pistons and was determined to drill out a few holes. All I had was a 1.6 bit "thought it was 1.5" so I went ahead and drilled 4 holes in each 10x1.1 piston leaving me w 6x1.1/4x1.6 total hole surface of 13 like the 10x1.3, 35/30 losi was way to light, I ended up racing w 45/35 losi but this week I went to our indoor track and bumped to 60/50 AE "I kno it sounds way heavy" but It felt much better, granted it was on a smooth indoor clay track. It seems soft on the bench but seems to pack up well over jumps and lets the car roll enough in the corners for traction. It may be too heavy for a bumpy track, we'll see. I did order CSI blue v-ports that should be here 2day, 2.8/2.6 swaybars and tires/wheels should be here soon too.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=SMR 510RR;12193365]No, you have it backwards. In a MX shock more pack is more rebound dampening or a slower rebound.
thats what i said read it again.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I think stock pistons are 10x1.1. At least those were in my kit, a later version than your kit I believe.
I was just thinking of buying the 8x1.3 to get more pack. We were having the same problem, so maybe I won't get them.
10x1.1 pistons have the most pack of all the options...Sounds like you may need to go to a heavier oil or spring if you are having bottoming out issues.

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Don't see how someone thinks the 8/1.3(10.62mm˛) pistons have more pack than 10/1.1 (9.5mm˛) .
Also the stock pistons r coned seems like would make it have more pack .what am I missing
Everyone keeps getting this all screwed up. From what I understand (I am also a newer owner) the kit has always come with the 10x1.1 pistons but people were having issues with the pistons being slow with the recommended oil so Tekno said to drill all the holes out to 1.2. Then they were having issues with not enough pack so they went to the 8x1.3 which has less pack that the 10x1.1 but more than the 10x1.2. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It would probably be good to have this information on the OP so we can stop having the wrong info pop up once a week.

Originally Posted by skinnyricky
No, you have it backwards. In a MX shock more pack is more rebound dampening or a slower rebound.
thats what i said read it again.
Yea in a MX shock pack is more rebound dampening...

Since this is about RC we should get the RC terms right maybe you should read it again.

Originally Posted by skinnyricky
in rc, pack refers to how much the shock or shocks stay packed down after being compressed.same thing different term.
That would be the same thing same term. What it should have said was in RC pack refers to how much stiffer the shock gets when you increase shock shaft speed generally helpful in the compression stroke not rebound.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
Everyone keeps getting this all screwed up. From what I understand (I am also a newer owner) the kit has always come with the 10x1.1 pistons but people were having issues with the pistons being slow with the recommended oil so Tekno said to drill all the holes out to 1.2. Then they were having issues with not enough pack so they went to the 8x1.3 which has less pack that the 10x1.1 but more than the 10x1.2. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
+1. This is my understanding as well.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

SMR is correct all the way around. skinnyricky is correct on the MX terminology, but off on the RC term.

Here's a pretty simple explanation of the discussion.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
10x1.1 pistons have the most pack of all the options...Sounds like you may need to go to a heavier oil or spring if you are having bottoming out issues.

Everyone keeps getting this all screwed up. From what I understand (I am also a newer owner) the kit has always come with the 10x1.1 pistons but people were having issues with the pistons being slow with the recommended oil so Tekno said to drill all the holes out to 1.2. Then they were having issues with not enough pack so they went to the 8x1.3 which has less pack that the 10x1.1 but more than the 10x1.2. Someone please correct me if I am wrong .
Tks for the support . I'm running 30wt front and rear with stock pistons and seems to feel really good but I'm attempting to run a softer setup as well...
I built by second kit with all the aluminum pivot balls ,all the pivot bushings , drive shaft ,cf towers .
Lol but after installing airtronics servo ,rx8 T8 1900 and a 630g battery to balance car out still came out to 7.7lbs ...
My first car i built was kit with the heavy savox alum servo, Hw 150a , denamic8 2200 and a reedy5500 comes out to 7.6 but it isnt balanced. Go figure .lol
Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SMR 510RR;12194648]10x1.1 pistons have the most pack of all the options...Sounds like you may need to go to a heavier oil or spring if you are having bottoming out issues.

It would probably be good to have this information on the OP so we can stop having the wrong info pop up once a week.

Thanks, it looks like I got it backwards. It gets very confusing at times. Saved me some time and money though.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a list of Teknos CNC pistons that shows the in order of pack. It should also be noted that other design features of different manufactures pistons may react differently, a notable one would be the Kyosho black 8 x 1.3 pistons because of their angled holes.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-book1.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rear diff pinion bearing wear

Tekno RC and everyone -- I am going through rear diff pinion bearings pretty quickly. I get about 2 races days out of a set bearings. This seems to be excessive to me. The buggy is fantastic but it's looking like I need to replace those rear pinion bearings before each race to be safe. Is there anything that can be done to mitigate this premature wear of the bearings?

-- Kirk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.