Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Daniel - Have you guys experimented at all running dogbones in the rear to help lock it in rather than the CVDs? Coming from the HB D8 with the Lightning Pro conversions many folks found the dogbones helped lock in the rear. I also saw Losi has a dogbone option set for the rear end on the 3.0.

Is there a Tekno rear axle with a cup that fits in the captured CVD rear hubs (large inner bearing, smaller outer bearing). The Losi 3.0 one may work, as they also use a captured CVD. Don't know if their dogbone length would work either, but that's the easy part - lots of different length dogbones out there.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Cool thanks, is it a really fragile car? I usually run nitro so breaking isn't much of an issue
No, i've only broken those things due to my own stupidity. First arm i broke i was coming into a double section, and i totally nailed a turned over buggy in the middle of the landing. All you heard was a super loud smack. Surprised that was the only thing i broke after such a huge hit. I mean, it just stopped instantly as soon as it hit, no cushion or anything. Second breakage i ever had was me going over a tabletop/step on step off section. Car went off, accidentally hit the brakes and buggy just completely lawn-darted into a pipe. It's been very durable for me and has taken plenty of hard hits without breaking.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's good to hear, all it takes is one person to get me all worried haha, can't wait to build this car, hopefully have it ready for this weekend! Everything I have read it sounds like my driving style
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ive asked this before but I'll ask again....

Any plans for optional caster blocks? Id really like to have that tuning option. I changed caster all the time on my old MBX6 and really miss it on this car.

Would like to see them for both the eb48 and the sct410.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
Daniel - Have you guys experimented at all running dogbones in the rear to help lock it in rather than the CVDs? Coming from the HB D8 with the Lightning Pro conversions many folks found the dogbones helped lock in the rear. I also saw Losi has a dogbone option set for the rear end on the 3.0.

Is there a Tekno rear axle with a cup that fits in the captured CVD rear hubs (large inner bearing, smaller outer bearing). The Losi 3.0 one may work, as they also use a captured CVD. Don't know if their dogbone length would work either, but that's the easy part - lots of different length dogbones out there.
Haven't thought about this for the EB48. It would be easy enough to design obviously. We'll give it some thought.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Ive asked this before but I'll ask again....

Any plans for optional caster blocks? Id really like to have that tuning option. I changed caster all the time on my old MBX6 and really miss it on this car.

Would like to see them for both the eb48 and the sct410.
We're almost finished with an aluminum design that will offer 13 and 16 degrees of caster. Stock is 10-12 (with kickup adjustments). We thought about 12 and 14, but we like the wider range of the 13 and 16 degree. No release date or price has been determined but we're a few months away at least.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teknorc
We're almost finished with an aluminum design that will offer 13 and 16 degrees of caster. Stock is 10-12 (with kickup adjustments). We thought about 12 and 14, but we like the wider range of the 13 and 16 degree. No release date or price has been determined but we're a few months away at least.
That's great to hear. I've been wanting front spindles and carriers along with rear hubs in alum. Its def not a need to have upgrade, but adding weight near the wheels is a good thing in my opinion.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for all the questions, how do I know I the kit I just ordered has the updated parts?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Sorry for all the questions, how do I know I the kit I just ordered has the updated parts?
I'm 99% sure you will have an updated kit. Where did you order from?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Stormer, so hopefully it hasn't been sitting there for a year
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default How to remove shock caps

It's time to rebuild the shocks on my EB48. I'm trying to unscrew the top cap from the body using a 3/16 hex tool through the hole, with no luck. I guess I must have tightened it a lot more than I thought. The body is pretty much circular with no good place to hold it in place with a wrench. Any ideas how to unscrew the cap? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheMartian
It's time to rebuild the shocks on my EB48. I'm trying to unscrew the top cap from the body using a 3/16 hex tool through the hole, with no luck. I guess I must have tightened it a lot more than I thought. The body is pretty much circular with no good place to hold it in place with a wrench. Any ideas how to unscrew the cap? Thanks.
I do it the way you are think about...just run the collar all the way up or off. I usually just take it off, gives you a little more room to grab the body with yor hand ..You could also use a crescent wrench on the flats at the bottom of the shock body, just be careful.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheMartian
A.P.E. (www.ape-rc.com) Makes the greatest shock tool for the Tekno. Check em out.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I'd say a front set of arms, inner hinge pins, and front shock shafts.
+ front shock tower. Both local drivers (myself and another) have broken one. They snap following the thinner part of the metal where the shocks mount. I believe both of ours were impact related. I hit a SCT that jumped the wrong direction onto the straight and I can only assume I went "under" the front of the SCT with the brunt of the impact on the tower. I also picked up the rod ends, shock repair kit and bottom shock spring holder as well (had one fall off).

They are very beefy, but eventually something will break. Our local hobby shop and track doesn't stock tekno either (hopefully soon because we'll have 5 vehicles now very shortly), and there is nothing worse than going home because you don't have parts. Also, work together with other local tekno guys as a mini informal team to keep a variety of parts between you.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
+ front shock tower. Both local drivers (myself and another) have broken one. They snap following the thinner part of the metal where the shocks mount. I believe both of ours were impact related. I hit a SCT that jumped the wrong direction onto the straight and I can only assume I went "under" the front of the SCT with the brunt of the impact on the tower. I also picked up the rod ends, shock repair kit and bottom shock spring holder as well (had one fall off).

They are very beefy, but eventually something will break. Our local hobby shop and track doesn't stock tekno either (hopefully soon because we'll have 5 vehicles now very shortly), and there is nothing worse than going home because you don't have parts. Also, work together with other local tekno guys as a mini informal team to keep a variety of parts between you.
If you broke the front shock tower, may want to check the diff case also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.