Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have no idea which diffs were in my kit, I don't have much of a reference personally as to what is notchy, etc, but mine seemed fine and didn't come with diff shims, so maybe a newer version?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn213
yes you can buy the sct410 gears and cross pins and use them in the eb48 but if you are redoing a diff tekno recomended to change the diff cup also
I stripped one of my cup screw last rebuild so I figured I would change the gears and cup at the same time.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Was it ever mentioned what body company was making an aftermarket body for the eb48?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by james633
Not sure I understand the need for the Kyosho shock parts. I find the tekno shocks work well, Just sayin.
see post #5525, I had the same question

It's an option some are trying. I'm using Tekno pistons/springs b/c I've gotten them to work pretty well on indoor clay. Maybe when we get to the outside track with bigger jumps I'll take a stab at the K setup..
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Genebaby
I have no idea which diffs were in my kit, I don't have much of a reference personally as to what is notchy, etc, but mine seemed fine and didn't come with diff shims, so maybe a newer version?
Did your kits come with an addendum and shims for the diff pinion to make sure the set screw sets flat in the notch (or enlarge the notch)?

Should look like this......

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ddendum_01.pdf
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekno RC is proud to announce that it will offer a significant military discount to active duty servicemen and women. We appreciate everything our military does to preserve our freedoms and we want to honor the sacrifices they have made on our behalf.

In order to receive this discount, an account must be made on our website, www.teknorc.com, using your .mil email address. Once you have completed this step, please email your username (again, from your .mil email address) to [email protected] for final review. Once approved, you may start ordering product from Tekno RC using your military discount. Thanks for everything that you do to protect and serve the United States of America.

Offer, requirements, and prices are subject to change without notice.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Tekno RC is proud to announce that it will offer a significant military discount to active duty servicemen and women. We appreciate everything our military does to preserve our freedoms and we want to honor the sacrifices they have made on our behalf.

In order to receive this discount, an account must be made on our website, www.teknorc.com, using your .mil email address. Once you have completed this step, please email your username (again, from your .mil email address) to [email protected] for final review. Once approved, you may start ordering product from Tekno RC using your military discount. Thanks for everything that you do to protect and serve the United States of America.

Offer, requirements, and prices are subject to change without notice.
Thanks! saw the story on liverc and just signed up
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Thanks! saw the story on liverc and just signed up
Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

NICE!

Originally Posted by teknorc
Tekno RC is proud to announce that it will offer a significant military discount to active duty servicemen and women.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

I ran my car with the Kyosho pistons and springs on Saturday. I race at NorCal Hobbies and the track is big and has a combination of fast sweeping turns, large hills, large and small jumps and a couple tight turns. The track was recently redone so the dirt is packed but not blue groove. It gets loose and dusty if it's not watered. Overall the car felt pretty good. The pistons and springs seem to support the car better and keep it from bottoming out coming onto the large hills and landing jumps. The rear end was a little too loose for me, but I have made a couple setup changes that will hopefully lock in the rear end some more.

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
The Kyosho rear orange springs are rated at 3.4lbs where the stiffest Tekno rears are 2.93 lbs.

I asked Blair this question and he said that those are the springs/pistons that everyone uses for nitro buggies so they really understand them. He also said that they support the car better and make it easier to land when the car is out of shape (not bottoming out).

To me the Kyosho Light Blue/Orange springs feel firmer compared to the Tekno front yellow and rear orange.

I just put a set on my car. I can give you more feedback after this weekend's race.

Chris
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Chris, what oils were you using? (please state brand too)
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

40/30 Losi. I think 40 might be a little too thick in the front. The shocks felt really dead. I'm going to try 37.5 next time.

Originally Posted by Cain
Chris, what oils were you using? (please state brand too)
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I ran my car with the Kyosho pistons and springs on Saturday. I race at NorCal Hobbies and the track is big and has a combination of fast sweeping turns, large hills, large and small jumps and a couple tight turns. The track was recently redone so the dirt is packed but not blue groove. It gets loose and dusty if it's not watered. Overall the car felt pretty good. The pistons and springs seem to support the car better and keep it from bottoming out coming onto the large hills and landing jumps. The rear end was a little too loose for me, but I have made a couple setup changes that will hopefully lock in the rear end some more.
Just changed to KY orange rear spring, and similar damping setup.
The rear end does like to slide out under braking/off power, however I quite like it. (KY light blue seems to have the same rate as stock front spring, so I couldn't be bothered with it)
For me, before change the spring, I need to intentionally break the rear loose every time I need a bit more angle, not hard, brake turn or pump the throttle a bit. But it's so easy to overcook it, especially considering I have very limited experience on that track surface.
Plus, all my cars have slight tendency to oversteer, I quite enjoy the careful throttle and careful brake. Only that it's terribly slow when the track dry out and become loose dirt.

Curtis Door's race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDI-hxcqJE

My race (much slower).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIO5AnjdOKc

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 04-09-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

For the last two months I've been running kyosho light blue springs front and rear with kyosho 1.3x8 white pistons and 40/30 AE oils and I love it. The setup has worked well on a tight, high grip, technical track as well as a big, blown out outdoor track. I have Kyosho orange rear springs, but I haven't found a need to switch from the light blues. I may try them this weekend.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tekno takeover

I was up at LCRC ("Home of the 2013 ROAR 1/8th electric offroad Nationals") this past weekend for their season opener and I counted at least 7 EB48's, out of 30 e-buggies...Pretty impressive Tekno!

It was my 2nd time out with it and I qualified 12th, which is way better than I ever did last year with a RC8.2e. Loving my EB48!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.