Rear Suspension Arm Set (2)
Front Suspension Arm Set (2)
Steering Spindle Set (2)
Spindle Carrier Set (2)
Steering Turnbuckle Set (2)
Camber Link Turnbuckle Set (2)
Composite Spur Gear
Rod Ends (6.8mm, camber links)
Rod Ends (brake/steering/sway bay linkage)
Hinge Pin Inserts, Wheelbase Shims

That pretty much covers all the plastics and turnbuckles in the suspension. To be honest, it's more like a rebuild kit. I'm hoping that I won't need any of it.
My parts bin is very similar, I didn't order turnbuckles, but I did also get:

arm bushings
spindle bushings
driveshafts
cv rebuild kit
shock rod ends and spring perches
rear hubs
outer hinge pins
oring and bladder set
diff o rings
diff shims

Now that I look at it, should have just bought another kit
Old 09-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
It's been awhile and I'm sure there are other sub forums where this is discussed, but for those who have this eb48, what Lipos are you using, I'm going to be running a RX8 w/ Tekin 1900kv, looking for a good 4S, so i'm curious what everyone else is using.

Brian, I have the promatch 4s, but if i were to buy again i'd try the protek 4100mah.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
It's been awhile and I'm sure there are other sub forums where this is discussed, but for those who have this eb48, what Lipos are you using, I'm going to be running a RX8 w/ Tekin 1900kv, looking for a good 4S, so i'm curious what everyone else is using.
Some may poo poo them, but I am running the Gens Ace. They work well, and are dirt cheap at $67.00. I paid good money for some Fantom packs, and they puffed in a few race days. Fantom told me to go scratch when I sent them in for warranty. I figured if I was going to puff the battery anyways, why not make them cheap??
Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Some may poo poo them, but I am running the Gens Ace. They work well, and are dirt cheap at $67.00. I paid good money for some Fantom packs, and they puffed in a few race days. Fantom told me to go scratch when I sent them in for warranty. I figured if I was going to puff the battery anyways, why not make them cheap??
I've been running Gens Ace 4s and GForce 4s, both without issue thus far.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jf45
Ready to hit the track.

This was the smoothest build I ever done. Every thing fit perfect and the quality is top notch. Its clear there was a lot of thought put into this buggy.

That paint job is VERY nice, do you have a local guy that does your work? I am not too far from Red bank.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I run the Gens Ace as well and they have been good for me , I have been wanting to try these batteries and will when I have to buy some more .....
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...-car-lipo.html
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Well, between the two of us we should be able to cover just about any wreck.

Originally Posted by ryno726
My parts bin is very similar, I didn't order turnbuckles, but I did also get:

arm bushings
spindle bushings
driveshafts
cv rebuild kit
shock rod ends and spring perches
rear hubs
outer hinge pins
oring and bladder set
diff o rings
diff shims

Now that I look at it, should have just bought another kit
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what seems to be the common shock oils and diff oils to run? i am getting mine thursday and want to be ready to build. thank you in advance.

track is outside offroad med traction. some 180 degree turns.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I run the Gens Ace as well and they have been good for me , I have been wanting to try these batteries and will when I have to buy some more .....
I got some haiyin 4S 5000 mah lipos for 30 bucks a pack. Granted it says 20c and like a 3 or 5 c charge rate but they perform just as good as the nanotechs I also use with a higher c rating. I did notice a little heat from the pack but heck I ran it for about 20 minutes on a Tekin 1900 on a 17T undergeared for a large track-( shoulda ran an 18 T) just to test the duration of a charge. 10 minute mains no worries.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cryofix
That paint job is VERY nice, do you have a local guy that does your work? I am not too far from Red bank.

Thanks for the complement. I painted this body.

We normally have our team bodies painted by Problem Child Racing Paint Works(PCR) but I was in a hurry to get the Tekno on the track.

Problem Child Racing Paint Works(PCR) is in NJ. You can check out his work at http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ld-racing.html
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Second race day at my local indoor track, I ended up TQ'ing and Winning the main. The car seems to be shaping up nicely. I'm still running the same set up as posted on tekno's site. I did change the spring to Kyosho light blue front and kyosho green rear. I honestly can't tell the difference between the 2 set ups, and the lap times seem to be on par with each other. when the track is wet the car feels really good, but as the day goes on and the moisture pulls out of the surface the rear end becomes loose on corner exit. I'm in the process of finding the happy medium between wet and dry set up.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I was just looking at the tekno website under option parts for this car and I see plastic hinge pin holders listed there. What would be the purpose of the plastic parts to replace the aluminum parts? Just lighter weight?

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5240-...ear-composite/
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I was just looking at the tekno website under option parts for this car and I see plastic hinge pin holders listed there. What would be the purpose of the plastic parts to replace the aluminum parts? Just lighter weight?

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5240-...ear-composite/
less weight.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I'm running a MaxAmps 5450 4S and it works great for my EB48. It helps provide an almost perfect weight balance (I'm 15g heavier on my battery side), also the performance of these batteries have always been top notch. I know some folks knock these batteries because they are some of the most expensive out there, but I have been running MaxAmps for over a year now in my other vehicles and they definitely out perform any other brand I've had I, both in terms of power and reliability. I have never had a MaxAmps battery puff on me, where other brands have and even worse loose cells. I can honestly say that Maxamps is worth the extra money, because u are getting a long term battery, which they build for you fresh when you order it and they have an amazing warranty to back that up. I'm not sponsored by them or anything, I wish! Would be nice to get a discount!

Seems that the Protech 4100, ThunderPower and Reedy batteries are also very good batteries, however I haven't personally tried them.

Last edited by G SquareD; 09-05-2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I want to try out some 2S shorty packs in the car. I am going to make an adjustable tray so I can play with foreward and rearward weight bias. Right now I am running my own BMI Racing 2S stick packs as the balance is pretty much dead on and the car is still very light. I also like the fact that the IR is very low on my packs and the voltage stays higher longer than usual. I hit my fastest lap in a 6 minute heat on my last lap. After a 10 minute main, my packs were barely under 8 volts(7.9). My packs that are another brand that I ran dropped off quite a bit and got flat(7.5-7.6).

Last edited by protc3; 09-05-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.