Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
My spur also wobbled. I tightened up the side that wobbled towards the edge of the diff holder a bit to reduce the wobble, but ended up taking plastic out of the top as well. It hasn't been an issue with lining up the pinion though.
Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Mine was a little wobbly too. Once it was all mounted up it wasnt enough to rub on anything though.
Originally Posted by G SquareD View Post
Two questions here during my build....

1) On the center diff. The spur is a bit unbalanced, once its mounted on the diff mounts, I spin it by hand and can see that it "wobbles" some. I caught this at first because I felt minor rubbing of the spur on the brace on the top. At first I dremmled the top brace, but then I realized that the spur has a "wobble" when it spins. I thought this might be linked to the screws holding in the spur being slightly tightened at different torque levels, so I made sure that I tighten them all the same (turning the screws in by hand, with approximately the same torque). But still have this wobble. Not sure if using a torque wrench type crew could fix this, or if the issue could be somewhere else in the diff. The diff gears turn smooth (for not having been broken in yet).
I took some video to get feedback and comparisons to other owner's "spur wobbles"...Please provide comparison feedback...Is your wobble the same..less or more?

TEKNO can you please provide feedback if this level of wobble is normal...thanks. I am concerned on the performance and durability of the spur when meshed to the pinion. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/5-1zdI0ndkM

http://youtu.be/53zu0lGYCEI
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When I built the center diff, I thought I had all four screws tightened well, but they weren't and the spur wasn't seated completely and evenly on the diff case. Just something to check, maybe that's the problem.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TEKNO..........im sure you have heard it a bunch already but just another one for ya......SCT 4WD!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! you got this, and after everyone has seen what this buggy can do. it'll be a no brainer whos gonna take over that class!!! where can i send $ for my pre order lol.......but seriously tho!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Oh C**P! THANKS guys...a late night build mistake!

If anyone has feedback on the SPUR question.....greatly appreciated!
Your diff. Bolts are torqued in at a different torque. You will have a leak if you run this way. This is the 4 each 14 mm bolts holding the diff. Case together. I had the same issue. Give it a try
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Double post

Last edited by Allen Drebi; 08-27-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I think a scaled down EB48 as a 4x4 SCT would be great. I've been wanting something that will not only outhandle the Losi, but a LOT better build quality.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I took some video to get feedback and comparisons to other owner's "spur wobbles"...Please provide comparison feedback...Is your wobble the same..less or more?

TEKNO can you please provide feedback if this level of wobble is normal...thanks. I am concerned on the performance and durability of the spur when meshed to the pinion. Thanks.

Yeah check the 4 bolts that secure the spur to the differential housing like the above poster mentioned. The diff housings fit very snug against the gears and you have to be mindful of them being flat against one another before and while tightening. The build tolerances of this kit are spot on and require a watchful eye. Good Luck

MP
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah check the 4 bolts that secure the spur to the differential housing like the above poster mentioned. The diff housings fit very snug against the gears and you have to be mindful of them being flat against one another before and while tightening. The build tolerances of this kit are spot on and require a watchful eye. Good Luck

MP[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Better explanation, my writing needs improvement just like my driving, RC cars that is!!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

I'm in for down scaled EB-48 as SCT. Place me on the pre-order list
Old 08-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

A bit more there than I had, especially after I tightened down on the side that rubbed when wobbling. It stopped rubbing, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't start again, so took out some of the cover.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Allen Drebi View Post
I'm in for down scaled EB-48 as SCT. Place me on the pre-order list
Likewise...speaking of which...

One of my fellow racers managed to capture a shot of my car on its maiden voyage. For the backstory, I'm the current points leader for 4wd SC in the NorCal Championship Series...but we ended up running eBuggy and SC together for some of the races/heats. Since I'm the points leader, I opted to run my SC in the race, but I took the EB48 out during heat 2 of qualifying anyway to see how it would do. I was doing great until the servo horn stripped. Here's a shot of my practice body during that heat (which has opposite color direction from my 2wd 1/10 buggy)...they've gotten the nicknames flying bananas. For the sake of sharing, here's a couple of my truck and the track.

Note: I'd just embed the pictures, but they're not mine, nor are they all the EB48.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello from Belgium,
A little message to thank Daniel to have designed the best car.
We did a 10 hour race in Belgium (Europe).
The car was amazing. Race conditions were very difficult. Rain, mud, wind and bumpy track (you do not know it in California ).
After 10 hours the car is almost new. Just two broken rear bearings (due to mud)
First race and first win with the EB48.
Big thanks Daniel, you and your team, you're the best.
It changes the manufacturers who never talk on the forums.
Sorry for my English but it's not my cup of tea

JP
Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadandson View Post
Hello from Belgium,
A little message to thank Daniel to have designed the best car.
We did a 10 hour race in Belgium (Europe).
The car was amazing. Race conditions were very difficult. Rain, mud, wind and bumpy track (you do not know it in California ).
After 10 hours the car is almost new. Just two broken rear bearings (due to mud)
First race and first win with the EB48.
Big thanks Daniel, you and your team, you're the best.
It changes the manufacturers who never talk on the forums.
Sorry for my English but it's not my cup of tea

JP
WOW!! A 10 hour race! Now that is some durability testing. Was it mixed race with nitros? How many battery swaps did it require?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
Yes it's a good testing for the car.
It's a race with nitro and Electro mixed. The first nitro is 5
Normaly with 6 lipos with 2C charge is ok (5200/4S/30C) But by security, we used 8 lipos
JP
Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
When I built the center diff, I thought I had all four screws tightened well, but they weren't and the spur wasn't seated completely and evenly on the diff case. Just something to check, maybe that's the problem.
Originally Posted by Allen Drebi View Post
Your diff. Bolts are torqued in at a different torque. You will have a leak if you run this way. This is the 4 each 14 mm bolts holding the diff. Case together. I had the same issue. Give it a try
Originally Posted by Magnum PSI View Post

MP
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll tear down the center diff tonight and check to make sure it's seated properly. Hopefully this is the issue, because I have screwed in all four bolts very tightly several times.

If anyone else has other feedback, please chime in...thanks.

Last edited by G SquareD; 08-28-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.