Wiki Posts
Search

XSCT Thread.. released by K2RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annonymous
unfortunately, i will have to side with Craig on the price of the full kit - with the figuring i did, it should be somewhere just south of that price - but as he said, i don't have a clue

its my understanding there will also be a conversion which i would imagine would be in $300 plus/minus $50 - again, idk

i wish i could say the release date, but i have no idea of knowing or a way figuring it out, its kurt's business, not mine - i held the completed truck (two of them infact :P) in my hand this weekend , but we have to allow for production time
If its over 650, im definitely not going to get one, thats a ridiculous price for a roller sct.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
If its over 650, im definitely not going to get one, thats a ridiculous price for a roller sct.
+1....I'm curious as to what kind of deal they are working with Xray to get the base chassis and driveline components, as that cost will most likely be predicated on volume. How many are they planning for the preorder, which could be playing a roll in holding up the price release.

I truly hope they are NOT holding pricing back until after the manual is complete. Come on guys!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I doubt it will be $900 bucks but even if it is its still worth that much to me. Guess we will just have to be patient and see when the time comes.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Culetto
I doubt it will be $900 bucks but even if it is its still worth that much to me. Guess we will just have to be patient and see when the time comes.
So your saying if you were to get a full kit, no conversion and its worth $900 you would still buy it? Thats almost the price of a 1/5, thats ridiculous.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

So your saying if you were to get a full kit, no conversion and its worth $900 you would still buy it? Thats almost the price of a 1/5, thats ridiculous.
One man's ridiculous is another man's normal...perspective my friends! Just ask any Kyosho Mp9 owner...: )
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
One man's ridiculous is another man's normal...perspective my friends! Just ask any Kyosho Mp9 owner...: )
Yeah and Kyosho makes awesome products and have awesome cars. I even heard that ae copied parts from the mp9 for their rc8.2, that shows you how good their products are, and yet the mp9e buggy is $749.99. Even people who run b4.1's run the kyosho rb5 springs. The only thing is price doesnt always show how good a car is, because the durango desc410 was a piece of crap, you have to upgrade like half the car to keep it from breaking a race.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah and Kyosho makes awesome products and have awesome cars. I even heard that ae copied parts from the mp9 for their rc8.2, that shows you how good their products are, and yet the mp9e buggy is $749.99. Even people who run b4.1's run the kyosho rb5 springs. The only thing is price doesnt always show how good a car is, because the durango desc410 was a piece of crap, you have to upgrade like half the car to keep it from breaking a race.
Kyosho's are great cars, despite the shite ano they use on the current crop, and perform like no other. I wouldn't be surprised if AE copied their design, seems to be the norm in the RC industry, and you are right, price is not indicative of quality. However, Xray quality is beyond reproach and is arguably the most durable, well made RC on the planet (performance aside, that's another thread). By selecting Xray as the base chassis it solves many of the quality issues currently plaguing the current offering of SCT's, again performance aside.

As for the Durango, well I raced one for a full season, and it was a love hate relationship. No other SCT I've driven, I've had all of them except the SCTE, handles like the DESC but no other punishes you like the DESC either. The hopups were so mere mortals like myself could push the car without failure, but those damn arms and crap Tresrey hinge pins were the bain of my existence...

Nuff said about that car, now back to your regularly scheduled program!

The limited communication from both Wes and K2RC is disheartening and smacks of the Durango thread where little is heard from the MAN about accurate release dates and pricing. To say that they will be taking preorders, this is from last week, in roughly 7-14 days and yet no mention of price has my wallet in spasms. I'm trying to wean myself off this thread as I hate the wait without some sense of price!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I can only speak for myself, but I plan on buying a new XB9 (about 630-650) plus whatever the conversion kit is.

Even if they GIVE me a conversion it's still going to be $650 for me.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have accepted that to get the quality truck I want, it is going to be expensive. The reality is that I spent more maintaining and upgrading my Losi SCTE than I do on my electric 8th scales. Kind of the same with me SC10 too.

It is isn't upfront cost that matter but TOTAL life time costs. So what if you can get a Losi for $250 or whatever. You still need damn near $300 worth of hop ups, not to mention the constant maintenance costs.

You by an xb9 or 808 and that is it.... you don't spend any more money on extra parts, upgrades, etc. One shot and you are done for the most part. My 808 was by far the cheapest car I have owned over time (no spares, upgrades, etc) even though out of the box, it was probably one of the more expensive initially.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You all are too funny. Complain cause they dont have a price. Complain about the speculation of the price being too high. complain cause it isnt for sale yet. as much as you all complain they need to take their time getting it right the first time.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I have accepted that to get the quality truck I want, it is going to be expensive. The reality is that I spent more maintaining and upgrading my Losi SCTE than I do on my electric 8th scales. Kind of the same with me SC10 too.

It is isn't upfront cost that matter but TOTAL life time costs. So what if you can get a Losi for $250 or whatever. You still need damn near $300 worth of hop ups, not to mention the constant maintenance costs.

You by an xb9 or 808 and that is it.... you don't spend any more money on extra parts, upgrades, etc. One shot and you are done for the most part. My 808 was by far the cheapest car I have owned over time (no spares, upgrades, etc) even though out of the box, it was probably one of the more expensive initially.
Originally Posted by sjenkins97
You all are too funny. Complain cause they dont have a price. Complain about the speculation of the price being too high. complain cause it isnt for sale yet. as much as you all complain they need to take their time getting it right the first time.
Folks, we have our winners

I was GIVEN a new SCTE, ran it for 3 months, and GAVE it back, and had spent over $450 on it alone lol
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I can only speak for myself, but I plan on buying a new XB9 (about 630-650) plus whatever the conversion kit is.

Even if they GIVE me a conversion it's still going to be $650 for me.
Does the xb9 work for the conversion? I thought you have to use a 808 but not the 2010 spec because of certain parts?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

K2RC is better off taking their time rather that rushing it out to the public. Look at what AE, Losi, and Durango when through. AE completely changed the layout of the truck and added stiffeners and a mess of other stuff because they did not have the Ryan's race this truck for 6 months first. Losi had a mess of failed and poor quality parts. Durango built there truck a little less tougher that the others and is winning the most broken parts award. AND they all need a lot of upgrades to fix the issue's.

As much as we all want this now if it takes 6 months then fine because you are going to get a better truck with parts you can buy and is not out of stock everywhere. AND you will be able to run the truck out of the box.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Legend

Interesting, no 1/8th scale conversions allowed for Scotty's ShowDown...
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Interesting, no 1/8th scale conversions allowed for Scotty's ShowDown...
what are you talking about dude, in the ROAR rules is doesn't state anywhere that you can't use an 1/8 conversion to a sc. As long as it fits into their dimensions, it will work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.