Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RX8 or Mamba Max Pro for 4x4 SC???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well today I went to the track again, and tried some of your suggestions, but still did not see the increase in performance I was looking for...

Now I drove a buddies DEX410R with the same motor (tekin 550 can 4.5 turn) and with the same c-rating on the batteries, only his truck had an RX8 Spped control, and it was WAY more powerful... and I mean like insanely more powerful. And get this, I later found out that he has his throttle turned down to only 82%... and it still had CRAZY more amounts of power... I could over-clear the jumps i cannot make with ease...

So I have come to the conclusion that it HAS to be the MMP. I just think that it cannot deliver the required current to the motor when it needs it most, and thus is limiting the Power of my motor... I taked to a few other 4x4 SC guys here at my local track, and 2 of them experienced the exact same problem with the MMp and 550 can motors - No power, especially on bottom end.

So it looks like I am going to be looking for a RX8 to replace my MMP...

-Cameron
Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SixFeetDeep
Well today I went to the track again, and tried some of your suggestions, but still did not see the increase in performance I was looking for...

Now I drove a buddies DEX410R with the same motor (tekin 550 can 4.5 turn) and with the same c-rating on the batteries, only his truck had an RX8 Spped control, and it was WAY more powerful... and I mean like insanely more powerful. And get this, I later found out that he has his throttle turned down to only 82%... and it still had CRAZY more amounts of power... I could over-clear the jumps i cannot make with ease...

So I have come to the conclusion that it HAS to be the MMP. I just think that it cannot deliver the required current to the motor when it needs it most, and thus is limiting the Power of my motor... I taked to a few other 4x4 SC guys here at my local track, and 2 of them experienced the exact same problem with the MMp and 550 can motors - No power, especially on bottom end.

So it looks like I am going to be looking for a RX8 to replace my MMP...

-Cameron
Weird. Never say an RX8 at our track that was better than the MMP. I have seen equal performance but not flat out better that you can't make certain jumps. Something is just not adding up right. All our guys running them are also limiting their throttle to 75% to 80% for our trac as they are just too fast and thats with the MMP. They are also doing it with pretty much all brands of ESC.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oasis
A little of topic..but..Randy, Why can't I get my hot wire to work with ANY RX8..it works with my RS but as soon as I hook up my RX8 it won't work..and this RX8 is NEW just bought it today..I'm starting to HATE Tekin....just an FYI I NEVER have any issuses with my MMP and the castle link..
why would you hate tekin over something little like this?just call tech support and they will help you out.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeKiNxRampage
why would you hate tekin over something little like this?just call tech support and they will help you out.
Not being able to program on the computer is not little to me for one..I have called tech suport..two..on the "hate"..just got my first RX8 back from a re-furb and I plugged it in and it literally went up in smoke....yeah I know..it's just a little deal..and I did call tech support on that one also..so..I have NEVER had any problems with castle and I read about guys who have had problems..no product is perfect..I just happen to have problems with Tekin....and I've seen more RX8's go up in smoke than almost any other controller..and I can hate all I want....plus I didn't really want to slam Tekin..the "fanboys" are viscous up in here....I just wanted an explanation on it..
Old 02-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Weird. Never say an RX8 at our track that was better than the MMP. I have seen equal performance but not flat out better that you can't make certain jumps. Something is just not adding up right. All our guys running them are also limiting their throttle to 75% to 80% for our trac as they are just too fast and thats with the MMP. They are also doing it with pretty much all brands of ESC.
I think it is weird as well... I just dont understand it. But I am not lying when I tell you how much more power this other Durango had with the exact same motor, but powered by an RX8... It was crazy...

So I guess I am out of options. I have tried everything suggested here, and still cannot find the performance gain I am looking for.. So I may just have to get an RX8...

Thanks again for all you help and suggestions... If you think on anything else for me to try, let me know!

-Cameron