Search
Like Tree12Likes

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:26 PM
RTC
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I've finally discovered the dark side of the SCBE. If it loses control and starts flipping, it has a frustrating tendency to land such that either all the weight lands directly on the wing, or the wing digs into the ground and the wing absorbs all the vehicle's momentum. Needless to say this is not good for the rear part of the rollcage; I've broken mine in two places, and I'm wondering how long the wing is going to last. Problem is, if you break any part of the rollcage you have to buy a complete replacement set for $20, and if you break the wing you have to buy all of the body panels for $60. $60 to get a replacement wing! What the hell is Losi thinking?
Maybe need to rig up some wheels on the roof to make it roll to a halt
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I wish losi can get a few good designers from axial.

From baja rey to this, they got almost everything better, but the body style is always a bit off, painfully uglier than axial exo and axial yeti score.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by egalsim
I think the wing is from the 10-t. LOSB8154
Yep. This is what I used.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RTC
How is your build coming on?
Slowly, due to other time commitments, but it's going reasonably well. I'm building it with the kit setup. I'll see what I think of that once I get it running.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
I wish losi can get a few good designers from axial.

From baja rey to this, they got almost everything better, but the body style is always a bit off, painfully uglier than axial exo and axial yeti score.
If Axial is your benchmark for off-road RC styling, then of course every other brand is going to look less good by comparison. I think the SCBE looks just as good as the Exo and it's a hell of a lot easier to work on. I also think the Baja Rey looks better than the Yeti TT, though I admit neither one of them would win a beauty contest.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by egalsim
I think the wing is from the 10-t. LOSB8154
*sigh* Yeah, I just figured that out by reading a thread where people were talking about wing options for a 4Pede Truggy conversion. Good to know it will only cost $8 to replace the wing instead of $60.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

My son broke the wing off his RTR SCBE (not the kit I'm building for myself) the first time out, in exactly the manner described fyrstormer. He didn't break the wing itself; he broke the wing supports molded into the roll cage. Unfortunately, that means I have to buy the entire cage to replace those wing supports. For now, I've just filed off the remainder of the supports. Full-scale Class 1 buggies don't usually have wings, so it's even more scale now.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

I'll be interested to know what effect the wing-delete actually has on the buggy's handling.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
If Axial is your benchmark for off-road RC styling, then of course every other brand is going to look less good by comparison. I think the SCBE looks just as good as the Exo and it's a hell of a lot easier to work on. I also think the Baja Rey looks better than the Yeti TT, though I admit neither one of them would win a beauty contest.
I 2nd this. I had the Exo but it was a PAIN to do any wrenching underneath the cage and body. Sold it after a year. I LOVE the flip up cage body for the SCBE, makes everything easier, and it looks just as good as the exo IMHO.

Last edited by egalsim; 10-05-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here are our SCBEs. My son's is the RTR with the custom wing removal, which was surgically executed via front flip on a cold day. Mine is the purple "TLR" Ten-SCBE built from an SCTE 2.0 kit.

Last edited by skeeler; 04-21-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Is cogging when you barely give the RC any throttle and the motor sputters? My SCBE does this and it drives me nuts. I don't always want to be mashing the throttle on every take off but it seem that's the only way to keep it from happening.

Does anyone else have a problem with the original motor cogging on their TEN SCBE? What should I get it it's bothering me enough?
Old 04-24-2017, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ
Is cogging when you barely give the RC any throttle and the motor sputters? My SCBE does this and it drives me nuts. I don't always want to be mashing the throttle on every take off but it seem that's the only way to keep it from happening.

Does anyone else have a problem with the original motor cogging on their TEN SCBE? What should I get it it's bothering me enough?
You'd need to go with a sensored ESC and motor to eliminate cogging.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, that is cogging. However, it's not the motor's fault, it's the ESC's fault. The ESC is a rebranded HobbyWing and it's running really cheap software that doesn't do anything to smooth the motor's operation when it's spinning slowly and the position of the magnetic rotor is hard to detect. I switched to a SkyRC Toro SC120 ESC, with the same motor, and it works great. If I *try*, I can still make it cog a little bit, but I have to intentionally feather the throttle just-right to make the motor cog a little bit -- when I'm actually driving the truck it runs nice and smooth.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

FWIW, the cogging on our RTR isn't that bad; it only happens at very low speeds, well below a walking pace. The kit SCBE has a Castle sensored 2400KV system in it, and I don't think I could get it to cog if I tried.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The cogging in my Ten-MT(same motor and ESC as RTR SCBE) isn't bad. It happens at like 1% throttle... I do race this car in the "high powered off road" class at my local hobby store and it doesn't effect racing at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.