Search
Like Tree12Likes

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ
I am absolutely going to get 1/8 scale wheels and tires, eventually. This is more about making this RC max out. It bothers me that the stock suspension has more travel left in it when it bottoms out. What the heck is that?
What the heck is that? That is normal. Most vehicles, real and RC, have more range of articulation in their suspensions than the shock absorbers allow. That's because the vehicles, as designed, don't need that full range of articulation. Also, having extra range of articulation reduces the risk of damage to the suspension if the shock absorbers are damaged.

Designing a vehicle so all the parts reach their mechanical limits at the same time is a valid approach in some circumstances (such as racing), but you need to be aware it will vastly increase the likelihood of cascading failures in a crash. One part will break, then another will break a few milliseconds later, and so on down the line until all the crash energy is dissipated, because none of the parts will have the ability to move further than they normally do without immediately binding-up and over-stressing their connections and pivot-points. If you have ever "bashed" a race vehicle, you know what I mean.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
What the heck is that? That is normal. Most vehicles, real and RC, have more range of articulation in their suspensions than the shock absorbers allow. That's because the vehicles, as designed, don't need that full range of articulation. Also, having extra range of articulation reduces the risk of damage to the suspension if the shock absorbers are damaged.

Designing a vehicle so all the parts reach their mechanical limits at the same time is a valid approach in some circumstances (such as racing), but you need to be aware it will vastly increase the likelihood of cascading failures in a crash. One part will break, then another will break a few milliseconds later, and so on down the line until all the crash energy is dissipated, because none of the parts will have the ability to move further than they normally do without immediately binding-up and over-stressing their connections and pivot-points. If you have ever "bashed" a race vehicle, you know what I mean.
My point is the SCBE has more potential and I want to unleash it.

Does anyone know the diameter of spline style drive shaft? As a test I put electrical tape around the front driveshafts and measured them to be at exactly 10mm. They did get bound up against the A arm but only just barely. If they make a spline style driveshaft that is roughly 8mm in diameter it would be a strong contender.

Has anyone got a few driveshafts lying around they can check the diameter on?
Old 01-31-2017, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I found an SCTE 2.0 kit on clearance, and I'm going to build it up into an SCBE.

What spur gear comes installed on the SCBE? The manual shows both a 40T and a 48T.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skeeler
I found an SCTE 2.0 kit on clearance, and I'm going to build it up into an SCBE.

What spur gear comes installed on the SCBE? The manual shows both a 40T and a 48T.
Mine has a 40T but I got mine used off ebay. But if I were a betting man (which I am) I'd say you could bet the 40T is what comes with it. When I bought mine, it literally never had been run. NOT A SCRATCH!
Old 02-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

40t Mod 1 is correct.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, fyrstormer. Can anyone comment on what are good spares to keep on hand for the SCBE?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, fyrstormer. Can anyone comment on what are good spares to keep on hand for the SCBE?
Batteries
Old 03-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default SCTE to SCBE conversion

I saw a few posts in here about converting a SCTE to a SCBE; which what I want to do. However I do not see any confirmation of what parts are exactly needed. Does any have any experience with this?
Old 03-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luvthercs
That's the sickest looking SCBE I've seen!
Thanks, it's actually a 1/8 Kyosho TKi4 tekno v4 conversion with a Losi SCBE cage and body running Associated SC8 wheels and tires.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:00 PM
RTC
Tech Rookie

I've just got hold of a new SCBE and have the chance to buy a new SCTE3.0 kit for $199.

I'm tempted buy the SCTE kit to upgrade the SCBE once bits break - the question I have is are all of the SCTE parts transferable? My biggest concern is the chassis that is 3mm shorter on the 3.0.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

RTC
Old 03-14-2017, 04:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

The SCBE is essentially an SCTE 2.0. I'm building mine from a 2.0 kit, and it's working well. The 2.0 uses the shorter chassis, which is also narrower than the 3.0. There's some discussion about conversions a few pages back.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

I've finally discovered the dark side of the SCBE. If it loses control and starts flipping, it has a frustrating tendency to land such that either all the weight lands directly on the wing, or the wing digs into the ground and the wing absorbs all the vehicle's momentum. Needless to say this is not good for the rear part of the rollcage; I've broken mine in two places, and I'm wondering how long the wing is going to last. Problem is, if you break any part of the rollcage you have to buy a complete replacement set for $20, and if you break the wing you have to buy all of the body panels for $60. $60 to get a replacement wing! What the hell is Losi thinking?
Old 03-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I've finally discovered the dark side of the SCBE. If it loses control and starts flipping, it has a frustrating tendency to land such that either all the weight lands directly on the wing, or the wing digs into the ground and the wing absorbs all the vehicle's momentum. Needless to say this is not good for the rear part of the rollcage; I've broken mine in two places, and I'm wondering how long the wing is going to last. Problem is, if you break any part of the rollcage you have to buy a complete replacement set for $20, and if you break the wing you have to buy all of the body panels for $60. $60 to get a replacement wing! What the hell is Losi thinking?
I think the wing is from the 10-t. LOSB8154
Old 03-14-2017, 03:17 PM
RTC
Tech Rookie

The SCBE is essentially an SCTE 2.0. I'm building mine from a 2.0 kit, and it's working well. The 2.0 uses the shorter chassis, which is also narrower than the 3.0. There's some discussion about conversions a few pages back.
Thanks for this, had a quick check back a couple of pages.

How is your build coming on?

RTC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.