Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

TEN-SCBE RTR AVC 1-10 4WD SCB

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Just picked up this barley use SCBE off of ebay. So far I set the motor timing to 0, changed the esc plug, deleted the wing and started working on some led's. Love the desert buggy look.

I would like a battery tray with velcro straps. Will this work? LOSB2415
Old 10-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Just picked up a Green SCBE off of ebay used, but looked new. So far I set the motor timing to 0, set the lipo cutoff (maybe previos owner wasnt using libo's?), rear DE shock guards, and wing delete. Love the dersert buggy look. Working on some Led's as well.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rhodesengr
My SCBE is starting to show some wear and tear. I have driven it a fair amount but not all that much. The rear drive shaft fell out during a normal run which prompted me to take a closer look at things. The shaft falling out may just have been due to a set screw getting loose but on inspection, all the notched outdrives (and in-drives if that is the proper term) are badly worn from the dog bone pins. So I have to get all three differentials out and rebuild them. Ugh.

Are any of you others seeing this? Are the replacement parts better wearing?

I have this same wear issue, though I have not needed to replace them just yet. I have been limping along, but mostly using another RC for time being. I have been looking for a while now for a suitable replacement for the dog bones. If anyone has any suggestions, part numbers, photos would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 67StingrayJ; 11-15-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67StingrayJ
I have this same wear issue, though I have not needed to replace them just yet. I have been limping alone, but mostly using another RC for time being. I have been looking for a while now for a suitable replacement for the dog bones. If anyone has any suggestions, part numbers, photos would be greatly appreciated.
The dogbones on the drive shafts were ok. It was the outdrives that were worn. I decided to rebuild all three differentials because I was under the impression the the stock differentials were greased and not sealed and filled with silicone diff fluid. I ordered these parts.

LOSB3575Losi Front/Rear HD Lightened Outdrive Set (2)
LOSB3576Losi Center HD Lightened Outdrive Set (2)
TLR332001Team Losi Racing HD Differential Housing w/Integrated Insert

Turns out my stock diff housing were already the sealed ones filled with silicone. But I used the new housing anyway. I just last night finished doing the center and rear and have the vehicle back together. The front out drives are not really damaged so they can wait. When I got the rear apart, I found a damaged bearing. So I needed these parts too:
LOSA6956
TLR3100
When the bearing failed it tore up the plastic version of the TLR3100. I used that aluminum version in the rebuild. It came with shims to adjust the mesh of the gears in the rear gearbox but I didn't find there was any room for the shims and the mesh may be a little loose.

I have yet to run it with the new center and rear outdrives. This weekend at the AMA Expo hopefully. Just have to see if these new outdrives hold up better than the OEM ones.

It is a lot of work getting the diffs out to rebuild them and replace the outdrives. I hope it is not something I have to do often.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

The dogbones on the drive shafts were ok. It was the outdrives that were worn. I decided to rebuild all three differentials because I was under the impression the the stock differentials were greased and not sealed and filled with silicone diff fluid. I ordered these parts.

LOSB3575
Losi Front/Rear HD Lightened Outdrive Set (2)
LOSB3576
Losi Center HD Lightened Outdrive Set (2)
TLR332001
Team Losi Racing HD Differential Housing w/Integrated Insert

Turns out my stock diff housing were already the sealed ones filled with silicone. But I used the new housing anyway. I just last night finished doing the center and rear and have the vehicle back together. The front out drives are not really damaged so they can wait. When I got the rear apart, I found a damaged bearing. So I needed these parts too:
LOSA6956
TLR3100
When the bearing failed it tore up the plastic version of the TLR3100. I used that aluminum version in the rebuild. It came with shims to adjust the mesh of the gears in the rear gearbox but I didn't find there was any room for the shims and the mesh may be a little loose.

I have yet to run it with the new center and rear outdrives. This weekend at the AMA Expo hopefully. Just have to see if these new outdrives hold up better than the OEM ones.

It is a lot of work getting the diffs out to rebuild them and replace the outdrives. I hope it is not something I have to do often.

OK, OK, don't kill me, but This RC of mine has quickly turned into a 3S bash monster. Meaning the outdrives just aren't cutting it. I would LOVE to get some MIP X-Duty CVD Drives. Has anyone ever done anything like this? A quick visit over to the MIPonline.com didn't come up with anything for our beloved LOSI SCBE/SCTE. SO, what other options do we have if we really want to beef this thing up?
Old 11-16-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

OK, OK, don't kill me, but This RC of mine has quickly turned into a 3S bash monster. Meaning the outdrives just aren't cutting it. I would LOVE to get some MIP X-Duty CVD Drives. Has anyone ever done anything like this? A quick visit over to the MIPonline.com didn't come up with anything for our beloved LOSI SCBE/SCTE. SO, what other options do we have if we really want to beef this thing up?
well, you can put the scbe body on an 1/8 scale chassis (kyosho mp9e tki4 in my case) designed for 4S operation 😁

Kyosho MP9 Tki4 SCBE body
Old 11-16-2018, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Meaning the outdrives just aren't cutting it.
Have you tried the Losi "HD" outdrives I posted? I just started running them in mine so it is too soon to tell if they wear better than stock. In fact, I can't really say if they are any different than stock or are the same. As I accumulate some runs on the new drives, I may get a sense if they are wearing better. I have the new ones in the center and rear. I didn't replace the front ones yet but they are much less worn.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Have you tried the Losi "HD" outdrives I posted? I just started running them in mine so it is too soon to tell if they wear better than stock. In fact, I can't really say if they are any different than stock or are the same. As I accumulate some runs on the new drives, I may get a sense if they are wearing better. I have the new ones in the center and rear. I didn't replace the front ones yet but they are much less worn.
No, I haven't tried them yet. I'm not a huge fan of the dogbone set up to begin with. I really want something that's going to outlast me. Meaning, MIP X-Duty CVD drives. Have you seen those things! Those things will NEVER FAIL! I'd order up a pare and give it a try if the things weren't so darn expensive at $75 for a pair.

Surely somebody out there has tried to put them on the Losi TEN chassis. Trick is getting them to see this post and reply. So, other than the Losi "HD" outdrives, are we SOL?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

No, I haven't tried them yet. I'm not a huge fan of the dogbone set up to begin with. I really want something that's going to outlast me. Meaning, MIP X-Duty CVD drives. Have you seen those things! Those things will NEVER FAIL! I'd order up a pare and give it a try if the things weren't so darn expensive at $75 for a pair.
I wanted to fix it but 75x3 is way too much money for a what I think is a great but RTR car. It was kind of my transition from a cheap RTR to the SCBE as an expensive RTR to now I have built a 1/8 buggy kit. Seems the money is better spent on the full kits. More work but I learned a lot and the parts are better.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

I wanted to fix it but 75x3 is way too much money for a what I think is a great but RTR car. It was kind of my transition from a cheap RTR to the SCBE as an expensive RTR to now I have built a 1/8 buggy kit. Seems the money is better spent on the full kits. More work but I learned a lot and the parts are better.
Um... What?

Are you saying you knew of a set of MIP X-Duty CVD drives that would have worked for this RC and just chose not too?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Um... What?

Are you saying you knew of a set of MIP X-Duty CVD drives that would have worked for this RC and just chose not too?
I don't know if they would or wouldn't. Not familiar with all the aftermarket stuff.