Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4.1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mrubbermann01
I Strip my spur every time I take my truck out. Do anyone know if they make a Metal or aluminum spur for this truck?
Everyone's given great advice for your issue. Just wanted to add that I find a tiny dab of thread locker on my motor screws helps to keep the motor from moving after a good tumble. Before I used the thread locker, after a crash my gear mesh would be off, thread locker fixed that.

Going to give my truck a try tonight at the track. Installed the 19t pinion, rebuilt the shocks, and got some barcodes for the front. Hopefully my lap times will improve. Just gotta remind myself, baby steps, baby steps.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

love your sig. that's funny
Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

True story...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

so for the factory Team T4.1, are they coming with carbon front a-arms or are they going with a standard plastic a-arm?

Reason I ask is that when looking into my SC10FT for parts, i noticed the stock number for the a-arms was the same as the regular SC10s. Heck, a lot of the parts are the same material.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

SC10, SC10 FT, T4.1, and B4.1 all have the same plastic. If you want carbon parts for any of them you have to find the carbon specific part numbers from the original T4/B4. T4/B4 had carbon and plastic parts so make sure you get the right part number.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Regarding fluid in a gear dif. I remember from way back in my 1/8th days we used to tune with different fluids in the diffs. Why is it when I ask about running different weight fluid in this gear diff do people look at me like I'm crazy and tell me to stick with the grease? Can this gear diff not be tuned in a similar fashion? If so, what weight fluid would be a good baseline equal to the grease from the factory? I've been told 3k is similar.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
Sounds like your slipper is to tight. Try loosening it and see if that helps
Thanks! I'm going to try that today.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racer1812
Think of it in full size car terms, a bigger pinion would be like starting in second gear, less torque. A bigger pinion will put more load on the motor taking away some "punch". Be careful though, you go to far and you'll wind up with heat issues.

Not needed, slipper adjustment, gear mesh or a worn pinion gear can be causes. Yes they make them but really are a waste of money and don't really fix anything. With correct gear mesh and slipper adjustment the stock spur can handle insane amounts of power.
Thanks for the advice! I'm having a hard time trying to find the perfect mesh for the pinion and spur. I'm just tired of replacing the spur every time i take it out. My battery lasts longer than the spur.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Everyone's given great advice for your issue. Just wanted to add that I find a tiny dab of thread locker on my motor screws helps to keep the motor from moving after a good tumble. Before I used the thread locker, after a crash my gear mesh would be off, thread locker fixed that.

Going to give my truck a try tonight at the track. Installed the 19t pinion, rebuilt the shocks, and got some barcodes for the front. Hopefully my lap times will improve. Just gotta remind myself, baby steps, baby steps.
everyone has been giving me great advice, I'm going to try the thread lock also, that sounds like a good idea.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Race my truck with bb springs last night and it did good not a big difference but seem to have a little more traction all around and little better jumping. I used siver rear 22 springs in front and yellow rear 22 in the back with traxxas 3768 upper/lower spring retainers they work good just have to get two of them cuz only come two to a bag but they r only 3.00 ea.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by bobbymbx5
I used siver rear 22 springs in front
nice i plan to run the 22t green springs in the front on the truck, the 3.2 silvers is alittle softer then i have noticed the truck likes.

wish they would come out with a tlr blue front or tlr green rear
Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a video
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Ran my truck last night with the 19t pinion and the battery spaced slightly forward with a single foam block. Also added some barcodes up front. Wow, what a difference in handling and performance. Truck is actually controllable now. I just need to learn how to drive it.

Problem I've been having is my speed control keeps coming loose after a crash. Regardless of the servo tape I use, or how clean the contact surfaces are, it still comes loose. Any suggestions?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Is anyone Doing the hex conversion for the B4 front end on to your T4?

I just ordered the parts, plan to use the axels and spacers properly to just run my current Rulux rears without the hex, just the pin like the current rears are on the T4.

If you have any experience with this, post up!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Ran my truck last night with the 19t pinion and the battery spaced slightly forward with a single foam block. Also added some barcodes up front. Wow, what a difference in handling and performance. Truck is actually controllable now. I just need to learn how to drive it.

Problem I've been having is my speed control keeps coming loose after a crash. Regardless of the servo tape I use, or how clean the contact surfaces are, it still comes loose. Any suggestions?
clean with motor spray making sure to use a clean rag. FYI, new doesn't always mean clean either. We've all seen those red rags you can buy, ya I figured "they're new, they must be clean"......Wrong, they left a residue that you really couldn't see and I couldn't get servo tape or my chassis film to stick for the life of me.

If you use those red rags and wash them......don't wash them with anything else unless you want it pink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.