Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DRTMI
Fronts are 74mm
Rears are 87.5mm
These are very close as I did not take the links off the car to measure, but will get you very close.
Thanks a ton for measuring man! Now I can finish this thing up tonight. As far as spacers on the front between the ball stud and tower, I ordered the Rail Shims (ASC8603) which I think is what Cav is using in the images of his front end a few pages back? Do you know if these are correct? I'm just getting back into this after a 25 year hiatus. I'm having a blast building this thing!
Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theoldguy
I'm having a blast building this thing!
Same here. In the process of putting my FT kit together and it reminds me of putting a puzzle together, except it's actually fun.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theoldguy
Thanks a ton for measuring man! Now I can finish this thing up tonight. As far as spacers on the front between the ball stud and tower, I ordered the Rail Shims (ASC8603) which I think is what Cav is using in the images of his front end a few pages back? Do you know if these are correct? I'm just getting back into this after a 25 year hiatus. I'm having a blast building this thing!
I used some nitro linkage parts, the pieces on the left. Just drill out the hole to 3mm.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASSOCIA...item58b8833795
The shims you linked would work as well but you would need 3 or 4 on each to space them right. If I recall correctly, the space needs to be 8-9mm off the tower.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI
These are the front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-Titanium-...-/221586306144
These are the rear: http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-Titanium-...-/221586330837
The rears are 75mm but they worked for me and still have adjustment available.
Edit: Just noticed my last post. To clarify, the fronts are 55mm and the rear are 70-75mm.
So are they the correct size or not? You say a few threads are left. Are both front and rear on the longer side of things or the shorter side? In your pic they seem a tad too long? I use the inner most hole on outer rear hubs too.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnbugman
So are they the correct size or not? You say a few threads are left. Are both front and rear on the longer side of things or the shorter side? In your pic they seem a tad too long? I use the inner most hole on outer rear hubs too.
They work fine with enough left to go 5* camber if you so desire. Every thing I saw on the lengths said fronts 55mm and rears 70. The place I bought mine from did not have 70mm so I bought 75mm and they worked fine.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My parts finally arrived from Amain...took 2.5weeks so next time I'll pay for faster freight.

The chassis screws that mount to the alloy chassis braces are too long so I'll need to cut these down. No big deal but I'm surprised that these were not included in the hop up parts I ordered.

I'm keen to get linked to the tekin hotwire. I want to in fact connect it to my android smart phone so looks like I'll need an adapter from usb to micro usb.

I fitted the CF centre plate which looks nice. Do I need to seal the edge as I was told these can laminate?

Lastly, I'm running 4s with 2050kv and 17tooth but want more top end...I've ordered 19tooth and 21tooth so do I guys think 21tooth is a bit ambicious?

Old 11-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey guys, I searched in here but didn't see a 100% definite yes/no as to what body fits. I was looking at the Amain black Friday deals and saw they have the high downforce bulldog body and the 2012 bulldog body but only the 2012 bulldog body says for the 8.2e specifically. Does anyone know if the high downforce body will fit or not? Or is the 2012 bulldog the only body that fits the electric platform? I really like the looks of the high downforce body and I know on my Mugen buggy the high downforce fit the e-buggy pretty good.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marko R1
My parts finally arrived from Amain...took 2.5weeks so next time I'll pay for faster freight.

The chassis screws that mount to the alloy chassis braces are too long so I'll need to cut these down. No big deal but I'm surprised that these were not included in the hop up parts I ordered.

I'm keen to get linked to the tekin hotwire. I want to in fact connect it to my android smart phone so looks like I'll need an adapter from usb to micro usb.

I fitted the CF centre plate which looks nice. Do I need to seal the edge as I was told these can laminate?

Lastly, I'm running 4s with 2050kv and 17tooth but want more top end...I've ordered 19tooth and 21tooth so do I guys think 21tooth is a bit ambicious?

I am not sure a 21 tooth fit, I run a 2000KV 4S with 20 tooth and the allen keys touch the pinion while tightening the motor.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

How do these hold up to 6s??

The reason I'm asking is my friend built one a couple of weeks ago and both times he's run 6s,he's had problems. This last time the front drive shaft bent pretty bad and he had some damage in the diff. Something with the sun or spider gears...not sure.
He might have messed something up with the build, but that's uncertain.

Any upgrades needed??
Old 11-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
How do these hold up to 6s??

The reason I'm asking is my friend built one a couple of weeks ago and both times he's run 6s,he's had problems. This last time the front drive shaft bent pretty bad and he had some damage in the diff. Something with the sun or spider gears...not sure.
He might have messed something up with the build, but that's uncertain.

Any upgrades needed??
the diffs aren't great to begin with ive had to rebuild all the diffs in mine some a couple of times, Use 2 shims behind each sun gear and see if that helps
Old 11-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I melted a center diff. Not the best diffs around
Old 11-27-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by mxnickj
Hey guys, I searched in here but didn't see a 100% definite yes/no as to what body fits. I was looking at the Amain black Friday deals and saw they have the high downforce bulldog body and the 2012 bulldog body but only the 2012 bulldog body says for the 8.2e specifically. Does anyone know if the high downforce body will fit or not? Or is the 2012 bulldog the only body that fits the electric platform? I really like the looks of the high downforce body and I know on my Mugen buggy the high downforce fit the e-buggy pretty good.
Nick, Gunnar currently runs the HD body on his 8.2e. It will fit fine, however depending on how tall your battery is the front left may hit the outer corner and hold up the body.
With our Reedy 4600 packs and inboard post terminals its no problem, but with a larger 5200 pack with deans connector we had to trim out a hole in the body.
If its a concern, just go with the 12 Bulldog, it will fit better.
Or, since they're on sale, just get both!
Old 11-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Can u pls share a link to the above mentioned HD body bulldog 12 body?

Are these available as prepainted?
Is the original j concepts body also available prepainted as my painting skills wouldn't be that good...
Old 11-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
Nick, Gunnar currently runs the HD body on his 8.2e. It will fit fine, however depending on how tall your battery is the front left may hit the outer corner and hold up the body.
With our Reedy 4600 packs and inboard post terminals its no problem, but with a larger 5200 pack with deans connector we had to trim out a hole in the body.
If its a concern, just go with the 12 Bulldog, it will fit better.
Or, since they're on sale, just get both!
OK that's what I needed to know. If worse comes to worse I can space up the front body mount a little bit. I had to do this on my MBX7 to fit the FTW body, not a big deal. Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marko R1
Can u pls share a link to the above mentioned HD body bulldog 12 body?

Are these available as prepainted?
Is the original j concepts body also available prepainted as my painting skills wouldn't be that good...
http://prolineracing.com/bodies/high...ear-body-rc82/

There is the HD Bulldog body. It is discontinued from Proline but they are still available from Amain and others online. And no, they all come clear. Only Bittydesigns offers pre-painted bodies as far as I know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.