Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Some images of my monster / ebuggy rig

Some images of my new project =D love this machine!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-_igp9987.jpg   Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-_igp9986.jpg   Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-_igp9977.jpg   Team Associated RC8.2e Thread-_igp9975.jpg  

Last edited by weblet86; 10-17-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by weblet86
Some images of my new project =D love this machine!
seems your front upper arms are installed in backward direction
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi weblet86,

It seems that your front upper arms are reversed, or flipped !
Bye !
Old 10-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah i installed them that way to get more clearance for the badlands. dosent seem to make much difference since i don't race just bash it.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hi weblet86,

Can you tell us what is your body, name and brand ?
Thanks !
Bye !
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Originally Posted by homershoots
Nice man! You running aka impacts?
Tires are AKA Enduro's. About half worn down.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355
Tires are AKA Enduro's. About half worn down.
Ahh ok they look a lot like the impacts I'm running, they work awesome especially once the track gets rubbered in.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

is this normal? when your rc is off you can't turn the wheels to the right. i mean it's crazy i can't get the wheels to turn. but as soon as i turn on the esc and my transmitter the servo and wheels center up without a problem.

i didn't notice this before. i just think it's weird that the servo locks up in one direction
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yello
is this normal? when your rc is off you can't turn the wheels to the right. i mean it's crazy i can't get the wheels to turn. but as soon as i turn on the esc and my transmitter the servo and wheels center up without a problem.

i didn't notice this before. i just think it's weird that the servo locks up in one direction
Mine did something similar to this. I couldn't turn it by hand in one direction but I could turn it in the other. The torque going in the direction I couldn't turn is was MUCH less than the torque going in the other direction. The torque was so bad in that direction that the servo wouldn't even return to center with the car sitting on the floor, it had to move a bit.
AE said I had a bad servo and are sending a replacement.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yello

This happened to me a few times right before my JR9100T servo bit the dust.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes bad servo happenend to me on my sons T4.2. Aggravating, to move wheels had to power up.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

In a recent post, I asked you some questions about the wear of the shaftpins, in all the differentials outdrives of our RC8s. The removing of the pins...

I have posted on the nitro section first, the pictures of my parts, so I will show you here, electric drivers, what I'm talking about :

I'm trying some 7075T6-OUTDRIVES with a CVA blade system on every differentials of the RC8 :

Then, I'm actually trying some 7075T6-OUTDRIVES, and the question is the reliability.
I made many runs myself with my own old RC8, and my blades are able to make 10 or 15 runs before to "wear down" (rear train), and many more on the other drive trains. The problem : the way I "wear down" the parts is not a law for everybody, we have to make some better test runs...
The gold versions are hardcoated, and the rear ones are just hard anodized, this was for the tests.
Of course I will produce only the Hardcoated version, but I made some tests with the Delrin (POM H) for the CVA Blades material, so maybe I will try an other material.
These parts are lightened parts : 4,30 grammes/unit.
And the CVA blades, already knowned in other scales, allow a smoother transmission.
The only thing is the run time before to change the CVA blade, if some drivers, on a track with a lot of grip, have to change the CVA blade every 6 packs (electric) or after 1 hour of run (nitro), it's a big problem for me and the users.
My personal tests are good, I can make ~ 20 packs on each train before to see a real "wear down".
Now, you (everybody) have to tell me what do you think about a lot of 12 CVA Blades that I'm planning to sold 6USD ? Do you think it's a good deal or not ? Then this will cost 3USD each time a driver wants to change every CVA Blades ( on the 3 differentials ).
The parts will be available for every RC8, but the outdrives for the center diff will be only available for the electric version, because of the brake discs... (not available for nitro).
(Then for front and rear for nitro, and for the 3 differentials of electric versions)

Maybe have you already seen my 3D projects here, but today I would like to produce my first parts. I have many parts to show you but I wanted to begin by this one, because the system can be applied on every brands.
But it's the only one system I will show you before to produce something :
I think it's an interesting sytem, but you need to "convert" all your shafts to use it, and I don't really know if you are "ready" to use this system or not, with the necessity of change the cva blades frequently ?
So, what's your opinion ?
Thanks,
Bye !
Old 10-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

do they make a difference in handling compered to a worn stock outdrive/completely new stock outdrive?
Old 10-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone have issue with slope between gearbox halves and outdrive bearings? My buggy has, both fr and rr, freeplay about one millimeter each, and seems it was here from beginning.

Last edited by vandalzzz; 10-20-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

My servo died on me yesterday. So, I guess it's a fact: If your servo locks in one directoin when it's off, then it's only a matter of time...

Will a 1258 servo with futaba-style 25 spline servo fit in an RC8.2e?

First off, I don't even know what the "1258" is referring to - since there's a 1258 Savox, a 1258 Turnigy servos, etc..

Anyone care to enlighten? I've already made a purchase but now I'm worried it won't fit in the Rc8.2.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.