Search
Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blacktiger355
Oh yeah, that is all stock. I will double check them when I take it out to refill and check the spur.
Ok, what you'll want to do is take 1 of the 2 on the gear side out of each diff. Free's them em quite a bit and should allow you to get the center diff a little tighter when putting it together. Before assembly you should have 2 shims under the bottom sun gear, and 1 under the top sun gear.

Originally Posted by slashracer111
I will try the 4' of rear toe tomorrow and keep in mind everything else.

Thanks for the help Tyler!
Anytime, let me know what you think.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Steve here from Brisbane Australia I'm currently bashing a slash and running the occasional race but really want to get into 1/8 ep. So far I like associated 8.2e factory team, and the rtr 8.2e, I'm after any advice on set up for bashing and racing on whether to go rtr or team edition? Looking forward for any reply cheers Steve.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You don't want to bash with a 1/8 ebug, you'll just cost yourself a lot of money and honestly, it's not that great a basher anyway. Save your pennies and get an e-Revo or something made for bashing.

The FT edition of the 8.2e is definitely a better race car, but it's comes at a price as it's quite a bit more expensive and has no electronics.

If you are serious about racing, go for the FT, maybe look for a used one in your region to get you going.

Good luck.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

are the 89496 outdrives included in the kits now?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steve t
Hi Steve here from Brisbane Australia I'm currently bashing a slash and running the occasional race but really want to get into 1/8 ep. So far I like associated 8.2e factory team, and the rtr 8.2e, I'm after any advice on set up for bashing and racing on whether to go rtr or team edition? Looking forward for any reply cheers Steve.
I have to agree with Jeff. I would recommend the Factory Team version. My friend got a RTR and has already replaced the servo, ESC and Motor to get more performance for racing. The base kit is great to get started and performs well but the FT kit allows you to choose your electronics and has a number of upgrades that make it more flexible at a cost of course. If you are on a budget then sure, go for the RTR but if you can spend the money to get a good race kit stick with the FT version.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
You don't want to bash with a 1/8 ebug, you'll just cost yourself a lot of money and honestly, it's not that great a basher anyway. Save your pennies and get an e-Revo or something made for bashing.

The FT edition of the 8.2e is definitely a better race car, but it's comes at a price as it's quite a bit more expensive and has no electronics.

If you are serious about racing, go for the FT, maybe look for a used one in your region to get you going.

Good luck.
Exactly.....What he said ^^^
Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Wheels

Quick poll:

What is your favorite wheel and why?

Will be my first 1/8th, and would like to know what folks think.

From what I hear, the stock wheel nuts are junk, so I will be picking up some of those as well.

Thx!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Skrichter, I've had good experience with proline wheels and have recently tried de racing boregos which seem pretty stout. My favs tho are deffo aka premounts with cityblocks in softs or mediums depending on track conditions. The stock wheel nuts are definitely not junk. Tighten them down like a man and they will never ever come loose.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Quick poll:

From what I hear, the stock wheel nuts are junk, so I will be picking up some of those as well.

Thx!
The associated 83mm wheel or AKA Evo wheels are both very nice.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quick poll:

Thx!
Can't go wrong with the AKA Evo wheels, very tough and durable. They also have the option of adding an internal stiffener, which is a plus.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
Max flurer's setup on rc10.com from psycho nitro or Maifields from ROAR
I don't see Maifield's setup on AE's site, if someone could please point that out.

Appreciate the wheel comparison/tips.

(Another) Quick Poll:

JC Finnisher or PL 2012 Bulldog. What do people like about each? Durability?

Thx!

Last edited by skrichter; 05-31-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by homershoots
Skrichter, I've had good experience with proline wheels and have recently tried de racing boregos which seem pretty stout. My favs tho are deffo aka premounts with cityblocks in softs or mediums depending on track conditions. The stock wheel nuts are definitely not junk. Tighten them down like a man and they will never ever come loose.
I beg to differ on your wheel nut theory. I switched tires between heats and tightened them "like a man" and then again checked them AGAIN before the next heat and again, got another little bit out of the nuts so they were definitely tightened in a manly way. Two laps into the heat my front wheel went sailing across the track. I have used the jconcepts nuts since then and never had a problem since. What I noticed is that over time (and a pretty short time) the nylon locking ring in the stock wheel nuts falls out so your wheel nut has nothing to hold it in place other than just sheer tightness. The jconcepts and other brands have a serrated flange that bites into the plastic of the wheel.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Lol mxnickj, I gotcha man.....I personally have only have had one come loose once been overtightening them ever since. Skrichter finnisher for sure purely on looks I have both and durability isn't really an issue.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I don't see Maifield's setup on AE's site, if someone could please point that out.

Appreciate the wheel comparison/tips.

(Another) Quick Poll:

JC Finnisher or PL 2012 Bulldog. What do people like about each? Durability?

Thx!
Jason runs Brent's setup.
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...e_Shootout.pdf
I just adjust the upper camber pin bushings up or down for the amount of steering he wants.

Keith.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quick poll:

Thx!
Believe it or not, I like the AE 83mm wheels the best. I've been through more or less all of them and like them the best so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.