Search
Like Tree17Likes

Team Associated RC8.2e Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Sorry man, I'm really not sure what you're referring to. Can you tell me what page in the manual covers this? All I see about Caster is the Red and Blue angle bushings. I got the kit second hand and have several of these bushings, red and blue. I'd like to reduce the Caster angle to "theoretically" get more steering in the middle of a 180 degree turn.

Edit: Ok I found the A plate and can drop a 1 dot bushing in. Is there no way to change the Caster at the hub? 16 seems like allot to me. I understand why several people would want to chill the steering out, but I want more.
Look closely at the red and blue bushings your see 1401 and 1402 on them in very small print. the 1401/1402 would be the 14* caster bushings. the 1801/1802 would be the 18* caster bushings.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beidle99
Look closely at the red and blue bushings your see 1401 and 1402 on them in very small print. the 1401/1402 would be the 14* caster bushings. the 1801/1802 would be the 18* caster bushings.
Ah ha! Thank you! I'd like to run the least amount of Caster possible.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry man, I'm really not sure what you're referring to. Can you tell me what page in the manual covers this? All I see about Caster is the Red and Blue angle bushings. I got the kit second hand and have several of these bushings, red and blue. I'd like to reduce the Caster angle to "theoretically" get more steering in the middle of a 180 degree turn.

Edit: Ok I found the A plate and can drop a 1 dot bushing in. Is there no way to change the Caster at the hub? 16 seems like allot to me. I understand why several people would want to chill the steering out, but I want more.

You cant make too many changes because the upper arms wont fit properly without changing more stuff. Thats why i suggested trying 1 dot in the A plate first, and as your only change.

You of course need to be sure your droop is the same as before, rideheight, etc. The idea is to feel the difference in kickup through the corner, moreso than the caster change.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DaveW
You cant make too many changes because the upper arms wont fit properly without changing more stuff. Thats why i suggested trying 1 dot in the A plate first, and as your only change.

You of course need to be sure your droop is the same as before, rideheight, etc. The idea is to feel the difference in kickup through the corner, moreso than the caster change.
Well, I made the change and am impressed with the results. I got so much more steering that I plan to put 1 degree of rear toe back in. It now rotates through the corner much better.

I really like this change because I feel that I'm adding steering rather than reducing rear traction to get the result I'm after. As long as the overall rotation remains, I'll happily replant the rear end as it was setup when I got the car.

Thank you!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I made the change and am impressed with the results. I got so much more steering that I plan to put 1 degree of rear toe back in. It now rotates through the corner much better.

I really like this change because I feel that I'm adding steering rather than reducing rear traction to get the result I'm after. As long as the overall rotation remains, I'll happily replant the rear end as it was setup when I got the car.

Thank you!

On tracks with sweeping corners and medium sized turns, youll be surprised how much more speed through the corner you can carry (planted w/o rear grip loss). It only sucks on sharp faced jumps or severely rutted surfaces.

I had to modify the upper arm so it wouldnt bind between the shock tower insert and the top plate insert (shock off, suspension up and down freely) with my chosen kickup/caster/B plate/and upper arm position. Just a heads up to keep an eye out as you make adjustments.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
J3M
Tech Rookie

Hello everybody. Which servo do you think would be better to use with a MMM : Ace 1015 or Savox SB 2271 SG ?
Of course I have the RC8.2 E and no other but I have this other doubt: should I put the ESc in 7 volts or like now in 6 volts? ( The Ace 1015 I think only goes in 6 volts)
Thanks in advance and a happy new year.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everybody,
I just got a RTR package a few months ago and I must say I'm pretty happy with it. Of course, the servo is fairly slow and the car is doing poorly in the fast section of the track. Radio is not great either and manually adjusting the steering is a killer. I'm looking to get those two upgraded soon.
Other than that, pretty good!!! I like the car. It runs very smoothly, the motor-esc combo works great.
However, after 3 sessions at the track and 10 packs I am coming up with some questions.
Firstly, I have lost top and bottom knuckle screws on one side of the car. Is it something that regularly tends to get loose or just a thread locking oversight by the assembler?? What are you guys doing on your 8.2 to prevent this to happen?
Secondly, the ESC got loose as well from the chassis. It was just held by a sticky foam. That doesn't seem reliable. I am new to E-chassis but it looks a weak mount to me. Is there any best practice to hold the ESC onto the chassis?
Last one, regarding the shocks. The one provided in the RTR pack looks okay, anybody has tried those compared to the large bores? Do they worth it?

Thanks!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by alex124
Hi everybody,
I just got a RTR package a few months ago and I must say I'm pretty happy with it. Of course, the servo is fairly slow and the car is doing poorly in the fast section of the track. Radio is not great either and manually adjusting the steering is a killer. I'm looking to get those two upgraded soon.
Other than that, pretty good!!! I like the car. It runs very smoothly, the motor-esc combo works great.
However, after 3 sessions at the track and 10 packs I am coming up with some questions.
Firstly, I have lost top and bottom knuckle screws on one side of the car. Is it something that regularly tends to get loose or just a thread locking oversight by the assembler?? What are you guys doing on your 8.2 to prevent this to happen?
Secondly, the ESC got loose as well from the chassis. It was just held by a sticky foam. That doesn't seem reliable. I am new to E-chassis but it looks a weak mount to me. Is there any best practice to hold the ESC onto the chassis?
Last one, regarding the shocks. The one provided in the RTR pack looks okay, anybody has tried those compared to the large bores? Do they worth it?

Thanks!!!
I had the same problems when I bought mine.. My first mistake was buying a rtr. I was being lazy and cheap so I dealt with some stupid problems initially. Overall the car is good though, go through every screw and thread lock it. There is no shortcut, I mean every single screw. For the esc try kyosho zeal. It's got strong adhesive and absorbs shock. I even put a small dab of glue on mine so dirt wouldn't work it's way in.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

[QUOTE=joshuabordner;11630498]
Originally Posted by associatevalley
How long have you been running your wires like that? Trouble free I'm taking it?

Just finished my first 1/8 build...[/QUOT

What is on the side chassis guard (looks like carbon fiber) i really like it!!
Here ya go bro... http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=35792813653
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Drill some holes and zip tie the esc down to the battery tray if your worried, I always use the 3m double sided foam tape, it tends to hold longer.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

for esc mounting very little shoe goo
Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Can someone tell me how these optional pins work. Do they fit right in the arms? Or do I need something else to make them work??

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPYJ&P=Z
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the carbon fiber link,..........if anybody knows if
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Hinge-Pins-4

are similar to the stock ones or are they ok to use
Thanks josh
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
Can someone tell me how these optional pins work. Do they fit right in the arms? Or do I need something else to make them work??

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPYJ&P=Z
anyone???
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Josh- I can't recall for the life of me which is which, but the Standard B plate and the Low B plate use different hinge pins so it would depend on which plate you have.

Car, those are for the Verticle Caster Blocks, in which case, you would also need...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPYH&P=M

and

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPYG&P=M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.