Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio recommendations.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Nick111
AE Racer, i thought you switched to a m8 when you got your bk2, i also noticed that jason did the same thing, is there just something that the m8 has for losi's and the 3pk has for associated's?
Nope. Im sticking with this radio for atleast a few more years. I definitly couldnt afford to get another radio and I dont want one anyway. If I were to get another though, I'd probably be looking at the KO helios, cause they're really cool. Btw, Ive always had the bk2.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

alright now im confused, i thought you were wes?
Old 11-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

No, Im Rich Spatz

The Ae is just in my name because before I gor the Bk2 I only had a gt and ntc3
Old 11-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Oh, i see it now. gotcha. well adding to this topic, In January im getting a m8 and im gunna put on the Spektrum DSM and see how it works. The website says no glitches but being prolly one of the first people to try it ill prolly run into a few glitches
Old 11-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Slightly off topic guys but if using the failsafe feature on the 3PK do you have to use a digital servo?

Cheers, Mark
Old 11-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Nick the Spektrum DSM has been tested for over a year with no problems,I dont think you will have any glitching problems.On the Futaba fail safe you dont have to have digital servos but you do have to use the HRS receiver,If you want to use the hi speed feature of the 3PK you have to use digital servos.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks xxxkat, it won't work with the PCM receiver and analogue servo then?

Cheers, Mark
Old 11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Nick111
Oh, i see it now. gotcha. well adding to this topic, In January im getting a m8 and im gunna put on the Spektrum DSM and see how it works. The website says no glitches but being prolly one of the first people to try it ill prolly run into a few glitches
I wouldn't even bother putting the spektrum in. My radio has never glitched once except for when it's beeping like crazy and on the verge of shutting off because the batteries are so low. Ive also never had to change frequencies once while racing, so I dont think thats much of a problem either. If you do get it though, hopefully they will sell it with the m8 for a slightly cheaper price, so you won't have to get rid of the airtronics reciever and modual. I really like the short antenna on the spektrum, that way you can hold the radio however you want and not have it block your view.

You dont need digital servos or an HRS reviever to use the failsafe on the 3pk. It says so in the manual, and Ive tried it myself.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

If you attend big races with a considerable amount of entries, you will usually always have to change your frequency at least a few times.

The Spektrum system will cut down on glitching caused by electronic noise, other environmental factors, and the possibility of someone else turning their radio on with your frequency.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Hunnnn??? AE..You have to use the WHOLE Spektrum system for it to work,Have you read up on this sysyem and how it works??It sounds like you dont know much about it.If you go to a larger race their will be someone on your frequency.. You should feel fortunate for not having any glitching problems..
Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by xxxkat
Hunnnn??? AE..You have to use the WHOLE Spektrum system for it to work,Have you read up on this sysyem and how it works??It sounds like you dont know much about it.If you go to a larger race their will be someone on your frequency.. You should feel fortunate for not having any glitching problems..
He races at the same track that I do so I just wanted to let him know that it might not be necessary there. But if he's going to race at other places, I'm sure it'll come in handy. It's definitly a much easier solution than the other synthesized stuff. That is a very good point with someone turning on their radio, the whole system might be worth it for that. Once someone did that so me and my car kept going at the end of the straight and ran right into the wall, it broke my servo and I ended up spending $80 on a new one, I would have been more than halfway there for the system if that crash could have been prevented.

Isn't the "whole system" just the reciever and modual? I read everything that was on their website. What am I missing? Now that I'm reading over my post, I think you may have confused me saying "you won't have to get rid of the modual and airtronics reciever" meaning sell them because they wont be included in the package, with being able to use them.

Last edited by AE Racer; 11-17-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Lord

I may have just done that.. The other part of the DSM that I like is no motor interference either..
Old 11-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

me and jason are on same freq. and sometime other people come and are on my other freq. so the spektrum model is best for me. and im not spending 250 on a synthesized module that has less features than the spektrum, and by the way, the spektrums antenae is 8.5 inches long, not exactly extremely short, but no antenae in the car so thats good enough for me. now i just gota get a new body so i dont have a blank hole