Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Stampede Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default pedes

can't we just all get along .yes the maxx's should go the other forum . just keep this pedes and rusty's i 'm very proud of my traxxas ownership .. someday soon traxxas will be on top again in all rc venu's..
Old 11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

IMHO this started as a 'pede forum, why not keep it a 'pede forum? The t/e maxxes to the monster forum and maybe the rusties need a forum of their own?

Dan, do you have a separate class for the 'pede at your track or do you run with the stadium trucks?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

DFroyd->Well said.

At my local track we run the Stampedes as a separate class. There is no realistic way to make a 'pede keep up with a T4 or good Losi truck. For that matter even a Rustler or Evader hasn't shown me the necessary tuning or ability to keep up with or beat a Losi or AE.

Getting back to the Stampede class, we run them every night that we race from carpet oval, carpet roadcourse, indoor dirt, or outdoor dirt. It is usually one of the more popular classes because the vehicle, aside from electronics not including batteries, must be "basically" stock. What about where you race?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dan your right. In most cases a "well tuned" 'Pede would have a hard time with a typical stadium truck. When my son raced ours with the other kids his age he did okay (3rd place usually) mainly because he had more experience getting this lumbering beast around the track than some of the other stadium truck drivers.

We race out of Hobby Zone Raceway in Eagan, Mn. The track is a fairly tight/technical track next to the Hobbyzone store in Eagan. We had a bunch more Stampedes later this season than in years past and they are so fun to watch!

I asked if you had a separate class because I want to put together a program to have Stampedes run on a different night than normal racing and have a kids (12 and under?) mini-t cllass on the same night. I like your idea of keeping them mostly stock as far as appearance is concerned. Big tires are a must! The only concession that I need to deal with is that since they allowed 19 turn motors in "stock truck" I will set a motor limit on them. I plan on putting a post out on the Minnesota Racing forum around the first so I can see how many people are interested in racing these trucks. My main idea is to bring more/new people out to our track.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Do you want the specs for our Stampede Regs? I wrote them and am/was the tech inspector as well as a multi venue stampede champion.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

That would be very cool and much appreciated. We may have some of the same ideas/thoughts but anything that will help get this class off the ground will be a plus. I had also planned on teching the trucks before the racing and the top three after the mains.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

When do you guys race? I might have to make a road trip and bring some other racers with me.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

During the summer months it's buggies/trucks/micro trucks on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoons. We race Sunday due to baseball/softball/etc...It would be very cool to track swap! I could come up with some people to come your way as well! Looks like I'll be putting some miles on next summer!!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Is anyone interested in geting a traveling stampede challenge going?
Old 11-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default pedes

yes i am but i live on the east coast
Old 11-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

be one heck of a drive for racing

Don't go away from this forum though...do you race 'pedes in a class out there?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How can you get a traveling race started? I'd be interested. I live in IL. I know of 6 pede owners in my area. If i really look hard enuff im sure i can find more.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

We could do it the same way that the sedan guys in my area got the Midwest Touring Challenge going. Word of mouth and talking it up. I know of around 30 or 40 people that own 'pedes around here. Once we have people interested and can see that they will participate we talk to local tracks, and eventually see if we can get some sponsors to help out. I will check more on this.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default pedes

off road is big here but it's 1/8th buggy's me and a couple of freinds that have pedes get some track time during the week i guess . you could say we have a little race going .. yes that would be a long ride but i'm sure i could do it .. that's why they make sick time ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.