Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What cordless screwdriver do you guys like? >

What cordless screwdriver do you guys like?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What cordless screwdriver do you guys like?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

First of all, the rocker triggers are nice...but they offer no variable speed...basically they are just a light switch. This is a recipe for stripped out screws.

Second, I am pretty sure the Hitachi is discontinued, and the ones that you are seeing on Amazon and other sites like that are old stock. Of course, this is ok if you can get one, but I would be worried about any type of manufacturers repairs that might need to be done in the future.

Third, yes, this has been asked before, and the search function should have been used. To be honest, this isn't really even an electric off-road question but rather a general RC question, and belongs in the general forum or the chat lounge.

Forth, and lastly, if you wonder why we get our "panties" in a bunch over the constant asking of the same question, I will be glad to stop closing or deleting these threads....have fun combing through all of those repetitive questions to find the thread that you actually want to read or post in.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Any new recommendations for 2013?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UPFpmW80V8E

This is the one everyone at our track uses. Cheap too. I need to pick one up...
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.

+1, I have had mine for over a year and it has worked flawless.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.

Refurbished ones are available. I dont get why new ones arent out there. I wonder if a new version is going to be released. I have one but was looking for a second one. I know my local homedepot doesnt havent them any more.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbales
Originally Posted by itsjusme
+1 = Dialed
+1 works geat.. 29 at homedepot, 12bucks for a spare battery and just charge one use one endless fun..
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just purchased the Hitachi a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! The clutch is really nice and works well. Setting it at 1 is almost too light BUT it let's me finish the screw by hand which I like.

It's a little more $$ than the Ryobi, but it comes with 2 batteries and I like using it straight sometimes for hard to reach spots which can't be done with the Ryobi. VERY happy with my purchase and have no regrets spending a little more for it!

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-DB3DL2...=hitachi+db3dl

Forgot to mention...Lifetime Warranty. Haven't read too much about problems but saw one guy on Amazon said his switch started getting a little sticky. He sent it back and they fixed it (he also bought another one to have 2)
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I have both the hitachi and ryobi I love them both. I use the hitachi at the track and ryobi on my bench at home. You can't go wrong with either
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I absolutely love my Milwaukee m12 driver. It has everything you need; a variable speed trigger, variable torque settings, a fantastic quick change chuck, a battery life indicator, and an LED. And the best part about it? It uses the m12 battery that can be used in a whole line of Milwaukee power tools. Yeah, it's pricey, but Milwaukee makes some of the best tools out there.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

A guy at the local hobby shop was singing the praises of this Makita, but the sticker shock is too much for me:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-DF010DS...ta+screwdriver

I guess instead of a clutch that slips, the clutch actually cuts off the motor... pretty cool, but not $170 cool.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I absolutely love my Milwaukee m12 driver. It has everything you need; a variable speed trigger, variable torque settings, a fantastic quick change chuck, a battery life indicator, and an LED. And the best part about it? It uses the m12 battery that can be used in a whole line of Milwaukee power tools. Yeah, it's pricey, but Milwaukee makes some of the best tools out there.
+1, love Milwaukee stuff but its expensive. They finally updated the old 6547-22 with a new 0490-22 lithium ion version. I've had the 6547 for nearly 15 years of faithful service, the 2nd battery is finally giving up the ghost so the 0490 is now on the wish list. I like the size of the Milwaukee's, very small, slim and light, and plenty of power to pull apart an 8th scale nitro buggy in minutes.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Number One Cordless Screwdriver is Dremel Driver!!!!

Number One Cordless Screwdriver is Dremel Driver!!!! Lithion battery and super smooth vari trigger with brake. Costly these days if you can find one. Dremel should re-issue. My second choice is the new Black & Decker Gyro. No trigger and vari speed plus light. And it's lipo.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tio Loco
A guy at the local hobby shop was singing the praises of this Makita, but the sticker shock is too much for me:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-DF010DS...ta+screwdriver

I guess instead of a clutch that slips, the clutch actually cuts off the motor... pretty cool, but not $170 cool.
My brother has the Makita. Same thing as the Hitachi but the clutch is different. I actually DO NOT like the clutch on it. He is PO'd that he spent that much on the Makita once he saw mine. Also I like the light better on the Hitachi
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Refurbished ones are available. I dont get why new ones arent out there. I wonder if a new version is going to be released. I have one but was looking for a second one. I know my local homedepot doesnt havent them any more.
I didn't even notice that was a refurb.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Thanks for all the responses guys. I saw the ryobi and hitachi in old posts. Guess they're still up there as great choices.

Originally Posted by Guch
Number One Cordless Screwdriver is Dremel Driver!!!! Lithion battery and super smooth vari trigger with brake. Costly these days if you can find one. Dremel should re-issue. My second choice is the new Black & Decker Gyro. No trigger and vari speed plus light. And it's lipo.
The dremel is the one I wanted. A guy at the track helping me uses that one. I was never able to find it though. I'd be happy with a reissue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.