Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Bulldog body is finally here...
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

My 13.5 boosted 22T is having diff issues. With the diff all the way tight the diff is still slipping. I have to run the slipper a bit loose to even drive it. Is it time for a rebuild?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes but not all places are like WC. JBRL still runs boost in expert stock. Other places may still as well but most tracks have gone to blinky stock.
Thanks for the info. All info and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Allen
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
My 13.5 boosted 22T is having diff issues. With the diff all the way tight the diff is still slipping. I have to run the slipper a bit loose to even drive it. Is it time for a rebuild?
I would go ahead and rebuild it or just go with a gear diff.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Post Bulldog body

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Bulldog body is finally here...
I can't seem to find any one including PL that has it in stock.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Any update on if people are using standard size stick lipos or shortys on the 22T?

If using shortys, what position are most people using for position of the shorty pack in the 22T?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Allen
Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I only use short packs in both my 22 and 22t. On the 22T I use them all the way back with one pad vertical between the pack and the tower, and another spacer up front against the battery holder.
For med to low bite, short pack all the way back against tower, one pad laying down in front against battery holder.
Truck rotates better, jumps better, lands better and corners better for many of us with a short pack. So many of us use them 100% of the time on our Florida based tracks. CA type surfaces and traction are very different so you may get different opinions from there or from racers from different surfaces.
Basically box stock setup works great here, with short pack all the time.
FYI: Modified class racer only, 7.5 to 8.5 motors only used so far in the 22T. Main tire of choice is either an MC Suburb or Blue Compound Barcode, but same tire front and rear.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruffy
I only use short packs in both my 22 and 22t. On the 22T I use them all the way back with one pad vertical between the pack and the tower, and another spacer up front against the battery holder. For med to low bite, short pack all the way back against tower, one pad laying down in front against battery holder. Truck rotates better, jumps better, lands better and corners better for many of us with a short pack.
Same for me. Short pack is just better in the conditions I run.

I typically run the battery with 1 one pad laid down in the rear under the tower. Sometimes I go with 1 pad stood up if traction is low.

Last edited by jkirkwood; 07-23-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

So my son was able to run his 22T, for the first time, in a track. one thing i noticed that the rear end likes to go first and loose control when turning into a turn, using a gear diff with 3k lubem track is a loose, using a 30' kick up Plus 3' caster, tires is barcodes, it has lots of traction but the only problem is when turning,i think its something to do with the gear diff.

any thoughts....
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Maybe it's just too much front traction? It sounds like basic car setup.... make one change at a time and see where you get.

More Steering Mid-to-Exit of the Corner and On-Power:
* Thicker oil in Front diff
* More caster
* Lean front shocks down on tower
* Thicker rear swaybar

More Steering Into the Corner:
* Thinner oil in front diff
* Less caster
* Stand up front shocks on tower
* Front upper link down on tower
* Short ackermann plate
* Steering link back on Ackermann plate
* Thinner rear swaybar
* Lean rear shocks down on tower

All taken from:
http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide

Originally Posted by slow_jun
So my son was able to run his 22T, for the first time, in a track. one thing i noticed that the rear end likes to go first and loose control when turning into a turn, using a gear diff with 3k lubem track is a loose, using a 30' kick up Plus 3' caster, tires is barcodes, it has lots of traction but the only problem is when turning,i think its something to do with the gear diff.

any thoughts....

Last edited by Kuya_Kimo; 07-24-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

any thoughts....
Sounds like you might have to much steering , oversteer . I would try different tires up front that have less bite . Stiffening the front and/or softening the rear shocks will also help . This can be achieved by changing shock positions or shock springs and/or oil .
Old 07-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Maybe it's just too much front traction? It sounds like basic car setup.... make one change at a time and see where you get.

* More caster
* Thicker rear swaybar

* Less caster
* Short ackermann plate
* Thinner rear swaybar

All taken from:
http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide
I will try as advise,maybe will start of with the shocks.

Originally Posted by Briguy
Sounds like you might have to much steering , oversteer . I would try different tires up front that have less bite . Stiffening the front and/or softening the rear shocks will also help . This can be achieved by changing shock positions or shock springs and/or oil .
Will try first the shocks and try to lift it up in the front, i recall the front is at arms level.

Thanks guys...
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Change to the 0* outer blocks and move the front shocks one hole out on the tower and arm. This has helped me quite a bit, if you still have too much then go to 2 or 3mm of spacers under the front inner ballstud.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo

* More caster
* Thicker rear swaybar

* Less caster
* Short ackermann plate
* Thinner rear swaybar
Thanks for the info and the link. I've imported the link to my iPad, converted it to a PDF file, and will be able use it as a good reference for setups.

Thanks again.

Allen
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any thoughts....
Try switching to a grooved tire up front to mellow out the stirring. Also he might just be giving to much power in the corners? It is pretty common for new younger drivers to overpower. Might try backing off the slipper a bit or reducing the throttle on the transmitter till he gets used to driving it on a track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.