Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AE 1/10 (SC10)
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Could you make some for a Traxxas E-Revo?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jmke
AE 1/10 (SC10)
start with the same oils you currently run, your probably going to end up a little higher depending on your jumps.

Mamba i cna make them for anything, you need to send me your shock and 45.00, it will take me a week to get them done.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I got to try these pistons this weekend on my worlds edition RC8B. It was the first time I had driven the buggy but I have an RC8 that had a good set up on it that I am comparing it to. The track was in real ruff shape with some narley ruts and many small bumps on the straights and it was dry. I was running 35wt 1.2 comp 1.4 reb in the front and 30wt 1.3comp 1.4 reb in the rear. It handles all the bumps great! I did not hear the buggy bouncing around at all. It would stick all of the landings without bouncing. I turned in one of my best laps despite the terrible conditions! I cant wait to get my buggy on the track when it is race prepped and watered. I do have one question: what does drilling the rebound pistons do. I have 1.4 all aorund do to a mistake I made when I got them but it handled fine.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IOP_Racer
I got to try these pistons this weekend on my worlds edition RC8B. It was the first time I had driven the buggy but I have an RC8 that had a good set up on it that I am comparing it to. The track was in real ruff shape with some narley ruts and many small bumps on the straights and it was dry. I was running 35wt 1.2 comp 1.4 reb in the front and 30wt 1.3comp 1.4 reb in the rear. It handles all the bumps great! I did not hear the buggy bouncing around at all. It would stick all of the landings without bouncing. I turned in one of my best laps despite the terrible conditions! I cant wait to get my buggy on the track when it is race prepped and watered. I do have one question: what does drilling the rebound pistons do. I have 1.4 all aorund do to a mistake I made when I got them but it handled fine.
it increases rebound speed.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I finally got to try the pistons last night on the track with the Losi SCTe. I started out with the Truhe base setup with 32.5 and 27.5 shock oil with stock setup on the pistons. Besides the pistons and the correct springs and sway bars it is all stock. The truck handled excellent, the transitions in the tight corners were amazing! The rough sections of the track it shot through it like it was not there. Great product, recommend it to anyone who wants one of the best working suspensions on the market no matter what you put it in.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default 22 update

I had been using oil weight somewhere in the range of 25 and 32.5 for both the original Losi 22 pistons and the RCshox pistons and the car was working pretty well with both piston types.

For a random experiment with the RCshox pistons, I dropped all the way down to 15 weight rear and 20 front (on a medium/high-bite indoor clay track). I thought it was going to bounce all over the place, but.... I actually ended up dropping about a second a lap! It wasn't bouncy and the chassis slapped only on really bad jump landings.

So, don't be afraid to experiment with oil that you think might otherwise be waaayyyyy too thin. I will definitely be doing more experiments with this...
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Are the Durango SC pistons ready yet?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
first batch will be ready by the end of the week, Mr lutz will also be doing some testing for me!! he is a REAL nice dude! they will be 4hole 1.1/1.2 out of the box which should be perfect for most situations.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default nosediving

hey Marcus would you be able to help me out with my nosediving problem I'm running your pistons in my scte and love them but can't seem to stop from nosediving any suggestions it's not drag brake or anything like that I think it's all in my suspension set up thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
hey Marcus would you be able to help me out with my nosediving problem I'm running your pistons in my scte and love them but can't seem to stop from nosediving any suggestions it's not drag brake or anything like that I think it's all in my suspension set up thanks
need more info!
does it do it on all jumps?
what is your current setup?
etc etc

only way i can see this happening is if the rear is slapping on jump.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
need more info!
does it do it on all jumps?
what is your current setup?
etc etc

only way i can see this happening is if the rear is slapping on jump.
my set up is as follows 35 frt 32 rear oil ,full droop,stock springs ,and no chassis mods my truck has been completely gone through today and there are no bent hinge pins or binding in the suspension I have a feeling it's in my ride height my suspension works great and your pistons are a real must for anyone who likes performance I have suggested them to everyone who asks thanks for the help
Old 11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
durango SC pistons are on the machine now! Garodiscs are in the works too, i cant wait til the next batch of the 210's come out so i can get one to play with!

Retsoo, does it do it on all jumps?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Set the droop according to the manual. Full droop all the way around will make it nose dive easily. The rear of the truck has more droop than the rear naturally. When you run dual rate it is the #1 setting is the droop, if not it will have a bad nose dive.

Mine is running 86.5mm ft and 101.5mm rear
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
I had been using oil weight somewhere in the range of 25 and 32.5 for both the original Losi 22 pistons and the RCshox pistons and the car was working pretty well with both piston types.

For a random experiment with the RCshox pistons, I dropped all the way down to 15 weight rear and 20 front (on a medium/high-bite indoor clay track). I thought it was going to bounce all over the place, but.... I actually ended up dropping about a second a lap! It wasn't bouncy and the chassis slapped only on really bad jump landings.

So, don't be afraid to experiment with oil that you think might otherwise be waaayyyyy too thin. I will definitely be doing more experiments with this...
Great info, i may have to pick up a 22 since the second batch of the 210's has not been anounced yet....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.