Wiki Posts
Search

2 stage pistons...Do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Great info, i may have to pick up a 22 since the second batch of the 210's has not been anounced yet....
Don't do it......a little birdy told me HRP has a LARGE shipment of Durango stuff coming in Friday.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
Don't do it......a little birdy told me HRP has a LARGE shipment of Durango stuff coming in Friday.
im also reading about lots of issues with missing parts and wrong size screws etc etc. i have the worst luck with that stuff anyway. the kit i get will be the friday afternoon kit that is missing wheels
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

im also reading about lots of issues with missing parts and wrong size screws etc etc. i have the worst luck with that stuff anyway. the kit i get will be the friday afternoon kit that is missing wheels
I can honestly say everything was "in the box" for my kit. Let me know when your ready to ship the pistons.....I need a set for the 210 and the SC.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

On our outdoor tracks 22 will be fine. Besides you can always pick up a used one. LOL. I heard traction is better at Mikes. I'm close at MnM, just trying to get a lil more on the exit.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I wasnt missing anything from my 210 kit, in fact I got an unmarked bag with like one extra of some of the screws, set screws, shock and suspension bushings. I've been a little curious about the 2 stage pistons....Ray, let me know how those work out for ya
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://youtu.be/CclScyFMyc4

this is my SCET pro 4.. couple of laps at my local track. the shocks are working great.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chucko
http://youtu.be/CclScyFMyc4

this is my SCET pro 4.. couple of laps at my local track. the shocks are working great.

took you a few laps to get your groove on!! nice track, looks slick?

Durango SC spec pistons are now available as well as Garodisc!!
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_31
Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
i am going to hold off and wait til they come in, i really think with the pistons and disc mid mount will reign supreme!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up FT SC10 Dialed ! ! (DUAL STAGE PISTONS)

I'm finally done!

It took a lot of hard work to get it right. I was determined to be methodical and very, very precise. I really wanted to get this right and to provide the best information possible for anyone out there thinking of trying these pistons on a 2wd FT SC10.

My current setup is what I consider my best effort. I am really happy with it!

One of the truly fast guys at my track and I were running laps together and he was surprised to see me not just keeping up with him but pushing him even though I was running a 17.5 with no boost and he had a 10.5 in his. I let him try my Truck while I drove his and he immediately smiled at me saying “you’re running dual stage pistons right?” I just smiled. Then he asked, “RPM?” That's when I came clean about the RC Shox.

Bottom line, he liked my truck. I even got him to admit he’s been running RPM pistons all this time, which explains a lot! His trucks have always outperformed everyone else's at our track. He even shared his setup sheet with me on condition that I show him mine. He was really surprised when I told him about RC Shox. He'd never heard of them even though he's a semi-regular on this board. Now he wants some, too!

That’s when I knew my setup was ready to be posted!

I love these psitons and am going to start telling everyone I know about them now that I know how to use them! At least I’m 2 months ahead on the development cycle now.

HEE!!! HEE!!!

I've included all my setup information:

2 stage pistons...Do they work?-sc10-17.5-rc-shox.jpg 2 stage pistons...Do they work?-sc10-esc.jpg
Old 11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default SC10 handling:

I thought I'd offer a brief description on how this truck handles...

The truck tracks straight and true down the straight. It holds its line beautifully.

It has plenty of rear traction without a hint of a push.

It turns very predictably. I can make extremely tight turns hugging the pipe and it never gets out of shape.

It flies around the high speed sweeper! I almost can't make this truck traction roll!

It is really solid in the rhythm section although it was magic with 32wt all around.

It jumps so high and far that people don't believe I'm not running any boost! When I land it has this trademark wet rag, thwump, sound that makes me smile every time!

I'm able to get on the gas before I even land if I choose to and the truck goes dead straight!

I love, love, love my truck!

Thank you so much for these pistons!

PS: I just ordered some more pistons and your new Ack-Bar for my new SC10 4x4!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oso Negro
I thought I'd offer a brief description on how this truck handles...

The truck tracks straight and true down the straight. It holds its line beautifully.

It has plenty of rear traction without a hint of a push.

It turns very predictably. I can make extremely tight turns hugging the pipe and it never gets out of shape.

It flies around the high speed sweeper! I almost can't make this truck traction roll!

It is really solid in the rhythm section although it was magic with 32wt all around.

It jumps so high and far that people don't believe I'm not running any boost! When I land it has this trademark wet rag, thwump, sound that makes me smile every time!

I'm able to get on the gas before I even land if I choose to and the truck goes dead straight!

I love, love, love my truck!

Thank you so much for these pistons!

PS: I just ordered some more pistons and your new Ack-Bar for my new SC10 4x4!
X2 on the wet rag thwump!!!! just cant believe how light an oil I run and it still soaks it all up
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Congrats guys! this is great news/information.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I used the piston for the first time today in my DEX210.
I haven't had time to cross test them against stock pistons, but decided to use them in todays race.
Without knowing any comparation i'm really pleased. it was an indoor carpet track with not to many jumps, but it handled really good, jumped and landed great, although i went "crazy" with thin oil (25/20) People comment how well it jumped, and of course i told them i had Rockshox pistons
Would love to test them outdoor on a real dirt track! So far so good

Last edited by HansÖ; 11-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Just finished building my 210¡ Im starting with 20/20 using the new sc spec, it feels good will start testing tomorrow aling with the garodisc. Im also running mm4, I thunk I can get it to work. Its a very well built and engineeres car, best ball diff I have ever built!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just ordered a set for the Durango SC. What oil do you recommend starting with for 1/8 scale bumpy track? These are the tracks where the losi seems to get away from me through stuff like whoops, etc. I can't stay on the throttle where they can. If they work for the SC, then I will be ordering another set for my 408.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.