Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seany916
I got a set of Al caster blocks from a really cool guy at the track and was thinking of replacing my plastic ones with them. I've broken 2 caster blocks in 6 trips to the track.

Other than more broken arms, are there any other issues that might pop up?

Am I better off with the plastic ones?
I've ran the GT2 c hubs on my T4 and still do. Also never broken one just worn out.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neccros
Whats the weight difference between the stock and alum ones??? and are aluminum parts a good way to add weight to your car or are stick on weights better for placement??
1/4 oz? i think thats what i was told
Originally Posted by seany916
I got a set of Al caster blocks from a really cool guy at the track and was thinking of replacing my plastic ones with them. I've broken 2 caster blocks in 6 trips to the track.

Other than more broken arms, are there any other issues that might pop up?

Am I better off with the plastic ones?
just dont hit things, you'd probably be better off getting some gt2 30d blocks.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've ran the lunsfords for over a year without a single one breaking

The best driver always wins.... your local fast guys could continue to woop you with a traxxas BL system, get over it.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What does the b4.1 have that the B4 doesn't have?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

B4.1 has new shock towers and new battery strap. It also has gear diff instead of ball diff. And the front suspension and steering bellcranks are different material that is softer
Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

How much of that can be upgraded on the b4?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

....all of it
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
moving the axle up = more camber gain , less but smoother steering

moving the axle down = less camber gain , more steering and more responsive steering

black ball is shorter than standard standard stud, removes bump steer when mounted on Ackerman

mounting ball stud forward on Ackerman = less steering
moving stud back = more steering...
I can't say I agree with any of this, aside from the fact that the black ball stud is shorter than the standard one.

Moving the axle up or down changes your roll center. Generally when you raise the axle, the car will cause the car to 'whip' more mid way through the corner. While lowering the axle will give the car more of a stable feeling, however, lower tends to carry a bit less corner speed.

As for axle height changing your camber... How is this possible? It's still on the same angle as your vertical hinge pin. To make the camber sweep differently through out your suspension travel, you would have to make a change to your camber link location, or balls stud heights. The axle height has nothing to do with this.

Usually, the more forward on the ackerman rack you are, the more aggressive the car is entering the corner, while moving the ackerman location back gives more steering in the middle and exiting sections of the corner.

moving the axle height has very little effect on jumping compared to how it changes the steering..
The axle height does effect how the car lands a jump, lower axle height is more stable on landing, but can cost you corner speed.

adds on-power steering
less high speed
less infield steering
Weight on the nose of the car can numb up your initial steering, this can calm down a twitchy car and make it easier to drive. It also will give you more on power steering, as the car will not be able to transfer the weight of the front as easily. Be careful when adding weight to the nose as this will decrease your amount of forward bite. Too much weight on the nose can get you into trouble quickly.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Chris - dont argue with George Cherry, he knows EVERYTHING.......... but how to make the A main ohhhhhhhhh boo blip
Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Chris - dont argue with George Cherry, he knows EVERYTHING.......... but how to make the A main ohhhhhhhhh boo blip

Wow..now that is some cold-blooded shizzle right there..
Old 03-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
yes, we all know he knows EVERYTHING
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

George will get over it quick, and probably flip some $hit my way.... no worries
Old 03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Legend

Blockhead

Not the most current source of info maybe ....
but,
where most of my info came from . My mistake not accounting the vertical kingpin ball stud use on the b-3 ....:

Quote from vRc-10 B-3 tuning guide pg 4

"Regarding white spacers on the kingpin top or bottom:Moving the king pin up raises the amount of camber gain in the ft tires,giving the car a more forgiving feel.
Moving the kingpin down will make the buggy slighty more difficult to drive."

Another source , I wish I used instead...

Rc10.com tech tips

"When you raise the blocks, the front of the car drops. This will give you better steering into the corners and less coming out.
Its would be just the opposite if you lower the steering blocks."
Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Blockhead

Not the most current source of info maybe ....
but,
where most of my info came from . My mistake not accounting the vertical kingpin ball stud use on the b-3 ....:

Quote from vRc-10 B-3 tuning guide pg 4

"Regarding white spacers on the kingpin top or bottom:Moving the king pin up raises the amount of camber gain in the ft tires,giving the car a more forgiving feel.
Moving the kingpin down will make the buggy slighty more difficult to drive."

You must not remember how the b3 front end went together compared to the new car.

On the b4, the shims are between the castor block and the steering knuckle. When you move the shims, the axle height changes, low/middle/high.

On the b3, the shims are on the top and or bottom of the castor block, they have no effect on the axle high. But rather the ballstud height of the kingpin ball stud.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, I can't imagine rebuilding shocks every 2 weeks, let alone every month, just to stay on top of it. I just periodically flip my cars over and feel how much air is in the shocks by tapping all the arms down a bit. If there's one that is low, leaking, or sticky, then they get serviced. I check ride height, tires, foam feel, diff smoothness, and slipper bite (i.e. re-sand pads) every night and service as needed, but generally speaking, I don't service *anything* on my electric 1/10 off road cars on a schedule -- just when it needs it.

One of the most critical things I see folks do that erks me is ignoring their servo savers. You'll never find me gluing one down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.