Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
They won't even fit ...
B44 rear hubs work nice!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Wayboarder,

The setup of Hartson's that you posted,
Is that for high bite, medium or low bite clay?

Thanks
Dayton
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Medium to low bite clay. Gold bar codes are the fast tire if that tells ya anything.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

[QUOTE=wayboarder;6495051]Alright I couldnt find it.

Hope he doesnt get mad haha... and if Brent is reading this, You guys need to start paying that kid. He wanders to the track almost everyday that I can see and Steven and his pops helps EVERYONE, with almost anything RC.
This is for clay(on gold bar codes) but Ive used it at a few other tracks and its worked great

Front.
30wt, #1 Pistons, Brown Springs, screwed out 2 turns.
Shocks: middle on tower, outside on arm.
Camber link: inside on tower w/2 spacers under ball stud inside on Caster Block
30 Degree Caster Block, middle axle height.
2 bump steer spacers
Black ball studs on steering rack
24MM ride height

Rear:
25wt, #2 pistons, Green springs, 1 limiter inside shock.
#3 on tower(whatever the furthest inside is without using the Custom 4th hole), inside on arm.
Camber Link inside on carrier with 3 washers, Middle on B44 Hubs.
Hubs in middle
2* anti Squat
23mm ride height (I go for 23 and a 1/4 but thats nitpicking)
Weight: 1 Oz in front of Tranny, .5 Oz in rear packets (1/4 in each)
Add weight evenly on battery to take yourself just barely over 1500g's

[QUOTE]

This is almost exactly the old B4 World's setup (from Italy) except that setup called for 1* of antisquat. Higher bite conditions called for heavier rear oil. This setup is good with nimh weight, not so good down at 1500g. Most of the successful setups before lipo were close to this.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Fellas... size of the main differential balls in the T4 and B4? I need to rebuild a diff, and the rebuild kit doens't come with them, so I need to buy some seperately. Are there any you recommend in particular? Thanks.

Cpt.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Fellas... size of the main differential balls in the T4 and B4? I need to rebuild a diff, and the rebuild kit doens't come with them, so I need to buy some seperately. Are there any you recommend in particular? Thanks.

Cpt.
Bfast Diff Balls and Gears

Take a look there these are very good carbide balls. it will tell you the size.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Medium to low bite clay. Gold bar codes are the fast tire if that tells ya anything.
We run losi Pink tapers in the Rear and Front. But a few track locals have changed to ribbed.

I run a diff setup than every1 else. But today Im going to try those 2 setups you gave me and Put on the AE shocks to see how it drives. I just hate these Shocks as they are shit!!

My question to most Racers and People who have had the B4.... What makes the car want to spin after landing the Jump? And also when I am on the straight and hit the gas. It just wants to hook one way.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Alright I couldnt find it.

Hope he doesnt get mad haha... and if Brent is reading this, You guys need to start paying that kid. He wanders to the track almost everyday that I can see and Steven and his pops helps EVERYONE, with almost anything RC.
This is for clay(on gold bar codes) but Ive used it at a few other tracks and its worked great

Front.
30wt, #1 Pistons, Brown Springs, screwed out 2 turns.
Shocks: middle on tower, outside on arm.
Camber link: inside on tower w/2 spacers under ball stud inside on Caster Block
30 Degree Caster Block, middle axle height.
2 bump steer spacers
Black ball studs on steering rack
24MM ride height

Rear:
25wt, #2 pistons, Green springs, 1 limiter inside shock.
#3 on tower(whatever the furthest inside is without using the Custom 4th hole), inside on arm.
Camber Link inside on carrier with 3 washers, Middle on B44 Hubs.
Hubs in middle
2* anti Squat
23mm ride height (I go for 23 and a 1/4 but thats nitpicking)
Weight: 1 Oz in front of Tranny, .5 Oz in rear packets (1/4 in each)
Add weight evenly on battery to take yourself just barely over 1500g's

Lets see... Plastic chassis, Battery forward. He uses heavy Checkpoint 4900/5400 batteries.
Where I derive from his is that I took the 1 oz out from in front of the tranny and put it on the battery hold down inline with the weight in the pockets. It seemed to get rid of my cars tendency to pendulum swing into turns and made a more consistant rotation IMO. Im running 72/30, to move the motor forward also. The wing cut also makes a difference as well on how much high speed steering is needed if your running the JC bodys. More high speed steering = B44 with about 1/2 inch lip on the back. Less steering, more stable rear(tends to push)= JC 6.5 inch wing with 1/2 inch lip.

Its a really neutral feeling car that isnt twitchy and rotates very consistantly without oversteering and the biggest thing is its very STABLE. If i missed anything let me know.
I am trying to follow this and It is missing a few things. If you go add this to the new site you can fill all this in. Thank you
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
We run losi Pink tapers in the Rear and Front. But a few track locals have changed to ribbed.

I run a diff setup than every1 else. But today Im going to try those 2 setups you gave me and Put on the AE shocks to see how it drives. I just hate these Shocks as they are ****!!

My question to most Racers and People who have had the B4.... What makes the car want to spin after landing the Jump? And also when I am on the straight and hit the gas. It just wants to hook one way.

You need to fix your language ..

The shocks are really good, if you are having trouble just ask ...

A tip for you

Try moving the rear hub back into the middle of the rear arm if you are already forward all the way ..This will help landings with a turn...

The reason the car is hooking going onto the straight can be many things . Look for more traction , a better tire , lighter rear oil or spring ...
Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America

Cpt.
3/32" ( .09375")
You will need 12 balls

Fred
Old 10-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm sitting in class bored as all get out lookin around on my blackberry, anyways.

Check your rear hub bearings if its hooking on acceleration or landing. Its been the case everytime my car starts doing that. The bearing just disentegrates. And as wild cherry says, move the rear hubs to center.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

Originally Posted by PsycoB4

I run a diff setup than every1 else. But today Im going to try those 2 setups you gave me and Put on the AE shocks to see how it drives. I just hate these Shocks as they are shit!!

Shocks are very good if done right,also with the New shocks caps they will even be better! Happy Building! Take Your Time!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B-FAST R/C
3/32" ( .09375")
You will need 12 balls

Fred
Thanks Fred, just submitted my order from B-FAST
Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think I might have found a great way to make these shocks super smooth, They feel so much smoother right now but I will not know any performance difference until after sunday racing
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
They won't even fit ...
Yes they will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.